Smoant Charon TC 218 Mod Review by Mjag

You mean I got ripped off and didn’t get the hippe lettuce smell :crazy_face: :wink:

I just picked up mine and gave a big whiff the my honker and nothing. Which finish did you get? Do you think that might have something to do with it?

3 Likes

LOL. I got the same one as you. Now ive always has a sensitive sniffer but the wife does not so i handed it to her to try without telling her first. She was expecting the wonderful scent of strawnana but when she put it up to her mouth she got yuck face instead.

Im sure it will go away after my grubby mitts have used it for a bit but i thought id ask.

Outside of that i quite like it, very comfortable to hold, easy to read screen and i love the fire button.

3 Likes

Huh, I wonder what it could be, maybe whoever was assembling it took a blunt break before putting it together?

Glad your liking it besides that, love the screen and yeah, the fire button is pretty cool and easy to locate with the texture on it.

3 Likes

Well it still smells but ive gotten past that, it has lessened some. This chip in this thing is pretty dern nice, hits harder than my DNA at the same wattage with default settings. Not as configurable as id like but its new so i hope they continue to produce this chip and update the software/firmware.

I havent put it down since i got it, not a single issue with the chip thus far. Id buy another of these with no hesitation.

4 Likes

That’s so weird! I got mine (my husband’s actually… if I let him keep it. Lol) today and I smelled it right away to see if I would have the same problem. :laughing: No off smell at all. I was a little worried!

4 Likes

Glad to hear it, this is one quite stinky still but at this point i dont even care, wonderful mod for the price!

4 Likes

I am bummed you got a smell to yours but glad it is performing well for you.

2 Likes

Lol, yeah, I have smelt mine a few times just in case

2 Likes

Almost every piece of vape gear i own has at least one issue but few that have just one and this falls into that category. Im sure that the stink from my grubby hands will take care of it sooner or later.

When i contacted them about the firmware i pointed to this post as the reason that i purchased it, hope they send you some more products for review!

4 Likes

I’ve not bought anything from GearBest, but, I just saw for 4 more days, they have the Smoant Charon for $ 37.99.

3 Likes

Thank you Ken, I appreciate that bud

2 Likes

Oooooh, they have the Copper for $1 more, trying to resist too much buying of multiple mods but that copper looks so good. Now I am going to have trouble sleeping unless I order one :thinking: :wink:

4 Likes

finally ordered one , ive had my eye o. the battlestar for awhile but decided to pull the trigger on this instead

5 Likes

Good choice, love my battlestars but the Charon is a little better on battery life. Let me know how you like it.

3 Likes

I won the Mech version of this in July from @Heaven_Gifts and I love it! I don’t hear a lot about this Smoant, but I think mine is a really nice quality for what it is selling for, especially now that it’s been around. I just wanted to read more about the TC version because I may just need one because of how much I like the one that I have! Lol! Your review was very helpful, thank you!

1 Like

Good to hear about the other version of it, will keep an eye out to pick up one based on how you like it.

It definitely is a solid mod, you might want to check out the new Smoant Cylon as well which is coming out soon, I don’t have one yet but have heard good things.

2 Likes