Storing and organizing your DIY supplies?

I started looking for storage draws that i can attach to the worktop. So i can keep all testers and bottles in there. Found a few but im still looking. Some inexpensive ones maybe from aliexpress with decent shipping rates

7 Likes

Where did you get those spice racks?

2 Likes

Welcome to ELR @floridaben. You might want to tag @TamVapes as this is an older post.

3 Likes

I saw this last night, but I could not tell which racks you were talking about.
The metal decorative ones were from Amazon, do a search for nail polish racks.
The drawback with those is they only hold 10ml and 30 ml bottles; but it usually isn’t that much of a problem.
If you are referring to the wooden wall racks, my husband made them with some old wood he had. Those really worked out great 2x4 prices of wood, so I had plenty of depth to store flavors, mods, and mixes.
Let me know if you are referring to any other that I did not mention
If you have any questions or need help with anything, please let me know. I have been mixing since 2016. I have lots of new mixer advice. And old mixer too. lol. As I am getting old.
Tam

The attached photo shows a storage shelf I also have that was great for stirage. Most hardware stores have those.

9 Likes

Also in the photo are small shelves that were 2 inch deep shelves, but thinner.
I think we bought them in 8 foot lengths and cut them ourselves.
I will tell you, this is way too many flavors. It is too difficult to keep track of and it becomes a full time endeavor.
But I am still buying flavors lol. A new peach comes out, a new Winder Flavor, Flavorah and I have to get it. An addiction.

7 Likes

Painted 1×4’s… FML!! Why didn’t I think of that!! THANKS @TamVapes!! :metal::metal::metal::metal:

6 Likes

Ive got the same one on my wishlist but then decided to just screw some 1bys to the wall like your husband did. Right now im working off an old dvd/book shelf. It holds right around 1000 bottles, 3 to 4 rows deep, but trying to find one can sometimes be a horrible task that causes me to stop searching for the flavor i want and settling on something else.

I had worked my way down to 500 flavors but then added at least 500 more, so dumb…

4 Likes

That is a point I make in another sentence somewhere. The addiction of having to have all the flavors doesn’t do you any favors. If anything it can hurt you as a mixer and make the hobby not so fun anymore.
:roll_eyes:. And this is me getting rid of flavors. :face_holding_back_tears:
IMG_0120

10 Likes

tl;dr - Im now back home and can medicate as i like, i cannot guaranty that anything after this makes sense. Proceed at the risk of your sanity.

ROFL, for real. And then you go to buy the one flavor yer nearly out of and you see that the clearance section at Nomz has more flavors than many of the other flavor vendors even have in their entire store. That one flavor turns into 50 with 40 more added to the wishlist. “They are only/under a buck”, runs through yer head as you try to convince yourself that you are being responsible instead of acknowledging that fact that you have a friggin problem. Everyone that can relate to this sentiment please raise your hand, lol.

Im not the early adopter type when it comes to anything so i do get some benefit of other peoples hindsight but i love mixing other peoples recipes which can also lead to a lot of one time flavor buys.

Kinda funny that in the beginning each and every flavor was precious, so few places they could be purchased online in any reasonable size. For me, even if i didnt like a mix i made i would just add menthol until it was all i could taste just so i wouldnt waste a precious drop. Now i order things that i know i likely wont use but get it just in case. Krazy.

8 Likes