Storing ejuice

summer is coming and ive been making alot of juice lately and my house doesnt have to many dry cool dark place so i was thinking of buying a small refer to store my things suckh as finished juice , flavors vg pg and nic … so my question is wil this be alright and will it maybe help keep things longer ???

1 Like

Do you mean a small refrigerator ? This isn’t a good idea as certain flavors contain crystals and aren’t meant to be cooled to those types of temperatures, also there is separation issues with the flavorings when refrigerated. If you’ve run out of options just get a Tupperware large small whatever your needs are and store it under your bed. It you have small children then you may look into to boxes that lock like a hope chest that ppl stick at the end of their beds that way it stays cool and safe. Just some easy ideas.

4 Likes

yes that is what i meant and ty for the reply so cool isnt as important as dry and dark ???

1 Like

Yes it’s more about it being in a cooler space not necessarily air conditioned but to keep from increasing the chances of the Nicotine from early degrading by excessive temperatures and light as well as the flavors they fade as time goes on ( months for most of what I make )

1 Like

thank you i am converting my outside shed into my juice area which will make life alot easier when finished summer time it stays cool and in the winter ill be able to keep the temp constant , as far as the nicotine and vg and pg can i keep those items in a refer ???

1 Like

i read that nicotine wont freeze and it will stay longer if put in a freezer or refer

1 Like

Correct Nicotine won’t freeze you can keep that in the freezer and let it sit out about a 1/2 hour prior to using and it’ll be fine. The pg/ vg can be stored at room temperatures w/o issues. Is there a reason you’d want to freeze these items like large amounts?

This thread seems like a good place to post my question while I am at it. All my DIY ejuice supplies are in transit for delievery, as I have never done DIY I am very interested to know if ejuices prepared with nicotine, needs to be in a dark and dry environment all the time. Is it easy for it to get ruined if I leave it out more than an hour? I will be hopefully making 50/50 12mg ejuices(for the first time).

1 Like

no reason actually i just thought since the nicotine stays longer by freezing it that the others might also ive started buying larger amounts so just being a little to cautious

1 Like
1 Like

as far as my knowledge goes no you do not have to ALWAYS keep your juice in that type of environment an hour is not a time frame i would be worried about at all , i steep all my juices without any aide such as warm bath so for me i always keep my juices in a dry dark place during the steeping process which sometimes is up tp 3 weeks for the recipes i prefer correct me if im wrong @Amy2

2 Likes

No it doesn’t have to kept in a cool dark place at all times. It can be out after it steeps , I even bring out my bottles that are steeping and occasionally shake them and then put them back in a drawer. Once my juices steep I have some sitting on a shelf in my lab heck my fiance’ carries his everywhere he goes and it’s fine.

The DIY flavors should be kept in a cool place as to not get too hot same for the Nicotine as you don’t want either one getting too hot.

Here is a great thread for you to check out.

2 Likes

thank you @Amy2 for all your help goodnight

1 Like

You are awesome @Amy2 . Appreciate the help. Soon I will be getting my gear and hope to quit smoking. I wish Australia would legalize nic ejuice, otherwise I will be stuck with this 3 week shipping from USA. But its good to know that you guys prepare so much in advance, it gives me the confidence to actually order bigger quantities once I get the hang of it. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck to you. Yes mix away and being your in a warm climate just get an area in the back of the closet or in a cabinet and put your juices in a box and store them so they’re not subjected to more light than should be and higher temps…like I was saying ^ there it’s more about not degrading you nicotine in the mix before it gets the chance to steep. 3 weeks is worth the wait before you know it you will be mixing like a mad house ! Just do yourself a favor and find a suitable tank for you. I can not stress this enough who cares if it’s a knock off a crappy name it does not matter just find something ,tank and coil wise you can afford and like to vape on that way you stay away from cigs and get into vaping and before you know it you will be smoke free !

3 Likes

Thanks Amy, I am looking forward to it. Even though I haven’t received them yet, I am working on a small project to make steeping process faster. Will know when I actually have the supplies. And yes I have chosen the Nautilus mini as my tank, read a lot of reviews and most ex smokers used it to quit, so I am very hopeful at this stage.

1 Like

I just keep it sealed in a dark closet. To me this stuff is suspect at the 9 month mark no matter what so I dump it. The alcohol and nicotine in the mix is controlling the bacterial issue so I don’t worry about that too much but after 9 months… doesn’t taste that great.

I keep all my nic in the freezer and only pull out to make the *“premix” I use I make half a liter at a time. Between Wifey and I, and giving some to friends, that doesn’t usually last a whole month.
*I mix 3.5mg premix to use after being diluted by the flavorings it comes in under 3mg juice.

Hold it now​:no_mouth::flushed:.
Ive had my concentrates in a small fridge for a year now. Never had a problem with separation except brown sugar and EM.
The night before mixing I take the nic from the freezer and the flavors out of the fridge and put in a dark dresser drawer. Once everything’s at room temp I start mixing.
After making about a months worth of juice I let them steep in a dark cool place, for a month.
Final step is put the finished bottle back into the fridge and pull out as needed (always a day early).
Before loading rig always shaking my liquid well and never noticed a problem.

I assumed everyone did this…

Damn, another fine mess I’ve gotten myself into…

2 Likes

Mango INW will definitely precipitate out crystals at refrigerator temperatures. I do still keep my bulk flavors in my beer fridge, which is set as warm as it will go. I’m not sure if it helps or hurt. I steep in a wood box next to my vape altar.

2 Likes