STRAWBERRY tastes awful

yes, that cinnamon is a nasty flavor to work with BUT it you want my opinnion it’s a great one when you will find how to work with it for real…

the general tips i could give you about this flavor are:
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER over 3,5% NEVER!!! did i say NEVER? even at 3,5 in a big puff it’s like getting a kick in the throat from an elephant or something like that… some people that suggest this thing at like 10 and 15% i could only imagine that are andrenaline junkies and want to live dangerously :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: lol

it’s flavor profile is special!!! it’s caramel BUT it doesn’t suit with caramels or other cinnamons or creams well… BUT BUT!!! hrmmm in low percentages (like 1% up to 3%) can be used pretty well with fruits… Sour, Sweeteners, and in some cases with biscuit

and something last… give it some time… like at least 1 week steeping… before that it kicks pretty hard on the throat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great tip, I was thinking about a little Salted Caramel to enhance it too. I imagine it’s like menthol in that it is a real powerhouse, and probably stays in the cotton ad infinitum too.

2 Likes

don’t make the mistake to combine it with menthol… i have tried it in the past and oh well… the thing came out from my tank… came with a very horrible mood and was spanking me for like one hour… LOL
never tried it with salted caramel… but imho it wouldn’t be a good combo, since it doesn’t combine well with caramel (original)… it will not work with Salted Caramel too…

Imho the flavors that combines better are mostly fruits :slight_smile:

2 Likes

b.t.w. if you mix that strawberry with the cinnamon red hot, i would love having feedback for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

for steeping time I keep 30-40days badore I try them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out this vid it might help you

2 Likes

Hi Spaceman. Personally I would go for FA Strawberry RT, JF Strawberry, or RF[sc] Strawberry. I find these to be much better than the ones you have suggested. They are all stronger too, so you might want to lower the %. There are many good creams out there, try Bavarian cream TFA, Cream FLV, Vienna cream FA. You should be able to come up with something good with those. There are also many good recipes on this site you could try. Mix one that you like the look of, then adapt it to taste. You could also add a Marshmallow which will add a hint of sweetness and give more mouthfeel. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi everyone - Merry Christmas, just thought I would update you all, first tastes of a new strawberry cream, think I have nailed the strawberry now. Thanks for all your input, been extremely helpful. Recipe:

3% Strawberry ripe TFA
4% Strawberry Sweet CAP
2% Strawberry INW
0.5% Dragon fruit CAP

BASE:

1% Vanilla Custard V2 CAP
4% Vanilla Bean Icecream CAP
0.5% Sweet Cream CAP

0.75% Super Sweet CAP

1 week taste - strawberry is a bit sharp and creams haven’t really blended.

2week taste strawberry tastes good, creams have started to add to the flavour.

I reckon 3-4weeks steep and this will be perfect :grin::+1:t2:

5 Likes

When i have a mix with too much cream and one is sweet cream, thats what ill remove or lower as it tends to have an almost vomit rancid taste to me.
I love sweet/ripe combo personally but i use higher ripe and lower sweet. 5% ripe with 2-3% sweet generally works well for most of my mixes.
The sweet strawberry is very candy-like so in a lower % with the ripe it adds that slight sweet juicy flavor i want with that more natural strawberry ripe.
It does tend to taste a bit chemical for the first couple days imo, steep time is important with many mixes, however most of my recipes i create specifically for shake n vape because i only mix as needed and have almost no patience. Try warming the bottle in some hot tap water and letting it relax with the cap open for a few hours, shake it up and give it a try- if needed repeat process, helps speed up the process of getting the chemical flavor to chill out sooner than later, though strawberry has a tendancy to really mellow out over time anyway.

3 Likes

What a great lesson (and truly funny share)!!

5 Likes

So you know how some of us taste pepper in TPA VBIC? Every strawberry I’ve tried tastes like actual dirt. Okay that might be an exaggeration all I taste is something similar to the little seed thingys on the outside of a strawberry. It’s the strangest damn thing and I wonder if I’m the only one. I’ve given up on strawberry completely.

2 Likes

For some reason I get a weird taste from Strawberry Ripe, so I use INW Strawberry Shisha in most strawberry recipes. It reminds me of a cross between a candy strawberry and strawberry syrup. Good stuff.

1 Like

I just got INW Strawberry Shisha in my last order. Hopefully I will get the same experience you are getting. I can only use TPA Strawberry Ripe when I mix it with CAP Strawberry Sweet. I get a weird flavor as well.

1 Like