Struggling to understand ohms law

When buying or building coils depending on gauge wire used if your watts are too low you dont burn the liquid off in the cotton. So you get splatter. Dual coil builds i run at 70-100 watts on my tengu by geek vape. In my quad build on that tengu im easily over 140 watts with 0 spit back it does burn through batteries though lol. Single coil builds with 22-24g ka1 are no less then 40 watts. But whats good for me might not be for you. Never use recommendations by manufacturers. Its your call what you like. Instead of pre built just get some round wire and make round wire coils. Get more for your buck. Building coils isnt hard. I can build fuse claptons in no time. You save money and get way more bang for your buck.

5 Likes

Spit back is not the product of wattage. I’ll bet you don’t have enough cotton packing in ID of the coil.
Install enough cotton that you can hardly pull the cotton thru the ID of the coil. Once you get the cotton where both ends will reach the bottom of the well work the cotton so it slides back and forth in the coil tight but freely. Depending on base configuration (open well or slotted) cut your cotton to the bottom of the well and feather the cotton from the coil out. Don’t over pack a slot type base. If too tight continue to feather. Cut or pull off loose fibers and reinsert cotton. Spitting won’t happen again.

10 Likes

They are using 4 different power settings (watts), for each coil. They’re also giving the amps that the battery needs to supply, for that given coil, at that wattage. (far right).

5 Likes

This may help. They did a pretty good job of putting into context for vapers. Might be less confusing than just reading the principles of Ohm’s Law alone, and asking “what does this have to do with me vaping?”

8 Likes

Thank you that makes a lot more sense and a lot easier with it showing each formula, I only use regulated mods but wanted to make sure I knew at least the basics just to be on the safe side, now it’s on to learning about all the different wire types and there wattage etc

7 Likes

Thanks i am about to order more cotton is this a good brand?,i live in Canada remember

7 Likes

Thats good stuff. Just remember to pack it in tightly as rayon doesn’t expand like cotton does. I think you’ll enjoy the flavor you get with little to no break-in.

BTW, that should last you a very long time. I’m on the same box for over a year now.

6 Likes

Don’t know that specific brand but it is rayon. It’s OK to vape with. It is a synthetic cotton made from plastic. As @Lostmarbles stated to pack as much of the product in the coil as you can get into the ID. Always keep the well full of juice so you don’t get any dry hits. It wicks well. Drip the RDA often. If it dries out in the coil it can be unforgiving in taste and harshness. It is NOT forgiving as cotton is when dry hit.

6 Likes

I got the 500 ft box. They were out of the smaller boxes. I haven’t even made hardly a dent in it. and I’ve been using it exclusively for about 6 years. I could vape 'till I kick the bucket, and still have enough left to do a couple of mummies.

7 Likes

Spool it out and floss your buttcheeks with it, just, maybe cut that piece off in case. Poop and taint sweat doesn’t vape all that clean

2 Likes