TFV8 vs RDA flavour

Im a little confused. The TFV8 has an Rba section that you can purchase seperatly. “You’re basically throwing a deck away every couple weeks. All because it needs to be re-wicked.”? I have never thrown an RBA section away lol. That is the case with any rebuildable RBA RTA RDTA RDA. Were you rebuilding the stock coils or did you buy the rba section for it? If you put the RBA section into the TFV8 is is an RTA at that point. My experience with these tank has been very different from yours. I have been rebuilding for about 3 years tho so I have a pretty good Idea how to get my atomizers to work the way I want them to.

No, prebuilt coils involve as much metal as a decks. I’m saying prebuilt coils are wasteful.

As for the TFV8s RBA, the thing flat out did not work, google it, loads of people had problems. You didn’t? Fine mate, enjoy, I don’t begrudge you liking the thing, but don’t be obtuse.

I’m dropping this conversation before I get pissy.

No need to get upset. Obtuse? I am afraid I dont understand what you think Im being obtuse about? I simply explained my experience. Please tell me how thats being obtuse to you? It appears you are the one who had a bad experience and so believe everyone else should too. It is obvious you are butt hurt about the subject of the TFV8. That not my problem its your problem.

When I started vaping there werent rebuildable tanks, just Rdas I wast going to spend 4 bucks every week for a new coil so I rebuilt the stock coils to my tanks. I still have my old protanks with tiny micro coils that I would rebuild and rewick. Where there is a will there is away. I have always enjoyed problem solving, if there is a problem with a tank I can almost always find a way to remedy or fix the problem. I understand most people live in a microwave society and dont want to take time to understand how things work and how to fix them. But if you do there is almost always a way to fix any problem with any vaping device or atomizer.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help people, especially that wicking technique, I’ll be sure to use that. My main reason for wanting to switch is because the TFV8 coils seem to clog up so easily and I get flavourless hits (not dry hits) with it very quickly even with higher pg liquids so hopefully an RDA will solve this problem

1 Like

I havnt read all the responses. But yes in general it can be better or atleast easier to dial in

If you got the money I would recommend a goon 24mm. I love them.

I would also recomend the tobeco clone of the velocity v2.

I don’t recomend the taumani geekvape one if you are not used to bottom airflow because of the over dripping issue.

1 Like

One thing to remember when rebuilding, wicking is one very important aspect. A lot of people have problems rebuilding because they are not getting their atomizer wicked properly. I just got one of my coworkers into rebuilding, he was having all kinds of problems and was getting turned off of Rbas etc. I had him bring me his tank and his cotton was packed way to tight in the coils. After I rebuilt it for him and he stood there and watched he learned what he was doing wrong and has since been getting much better results. There is a happy medium between too tight and too loose. If it is too tight or too loose it will not work correctly. This applies to any rebuildable.

3 Likes

Lots of good advice already. I would definitely recommend starting with a velocity style deck for ease of building and as said; coil position and air flow are key to great flavor. Not that I would recommend a goon low pro for a beginner but it by far is in my top 3 for flavor. The shorter the Barrell the closer you are to the actual coils which ups the bar. Bottom airflow provides a better/flavorful vape also. But in the end almost any good rda will outperform any subohm tank.I would stay away from an rtda at first or an rda with a small deck width. Keep it simple at first.

1 Like

+1 Wicking and airflow is 80% of a build IMO. Most have heard me gush over hemp, I still do, often. Be sure to try different materials…I have come to despise cotton, except for panties. It has a flavor I can’t untaste.

Airflow is what makes RDAs different. The ones mentioned in this thread are several year old technology. To me a Goon on a good day tastes like a plume veil. What you want is turbulence around the coil and very few do well without having bottom airflow, if not bottom + side. There are exceptions, but not many. Instead of a Goon, I would recommend a Fogwind Alliance v2 22mm.

If you are worried about over-dripping…well, I pour based on time into my many bottom feeders…but if you’re worried and you also have a 200W mod, no dripper is as clean as a Cigreen Gear…but the post screws are crap and need to be replaced on receipt, they are literally dangerous. The Alliance has a large capacity, squeeze for 4s or less and you won’t overfill it, the Gear is larger. . .and I know my Ally has a larger capacity than most tanks. Hehe, ya just gotta go big :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll put in my 2 cents and potentially get crucified but it’s a chance I’m willing to take because it’s Friday, I can run away for the weekend and eventually the crew here will forgive me.

1. SMOK’s stock coils just don’t taste that great, end of story. They have reliability for the most part and their tank designs are really good with airflow and filling but there’s better tasting stock coils out there.

2. When you make your own coils you always know what your vaping but you will have the “taste” curve of using cotton wicks you are making yourself. I personally could never get used to that or having all the liquid on my hands.

3. There’s reasons people use an RDA. Some people do it for flavor, some people do it because it’s mortifying to them to spend $3.00 on a coil when they can make it themselves. Some people just like the techie aspect of playing with the damn things. I’m guilty of all of it and at the end of the day… it was simply not worth it to me personally to take the extra time to pick, twist and pull cotton wicks.

If you want reliable flavor and long lasting stock coils, I’m going to tell you Aspire actually has great tasting coils and some larger tank options that chuck some serious cloudage.

So that being said, I’m jumping behind the sand bags and waiting for incoming mortars.

4 Likes

Best flavor rda I’ve tried and have tried several is for me the Tobeco Zorro! Amazing flavor from it on any juice I’ve tried on it!

I’ve got two mods both using smok tfv8 prebuilt coils and have just shelled out for an IJOY Limitless Plus RDTA.
My question is… is this rdta any good?
I was told it was good for testing batchs of e-juice, is this so?
I do hope I’ve purchased something descent. I bought an ohm tester as well. Amazed how cheap they were. Bought from fasttech last night. Can’t wait to see if the flavor improves!

Did your stuff show up from Fasttech yet?(lol, kinda…)They do have great price and selection tho. The Limitless is an alright enough tank, hope it’s working out for you.

Not yet, they should call it slowtech lol
Can’t wait to build my own coils etc

1 Like

Got my limitless plus today. Just waiting on my gPriv and some cotton, wire and tools.

1 Like