Tips For Navigating the Flavor Page and Optional Flavor Choices For Beginners

You’re right on track!

Everyone should try to understand that just because a certain flavor vendor(s) are more highly represented in the recipes database DOES NOT mean they are superior flavors. I’ll repeat myself…

Some of the most popular recipes were created at a time when we didn’t have the flavor companies we see today. Naturally, the recipes (and the perfecting of the mixing craft) were using the flavors that were available during that time. So to see top rated recipes using mostly TPA, CAP and FW is not because those are superior flavors. As a whole they are not. It’s only because they were around first and got catapulted to popularity before other companies with even more quality offerings came around.

So if you’re looking for get the best, don’t just look at what’s most popular.

15 Likes

Great tutorial!

4 Likes

Well I have gone with my gut so far, like any craft it is a good idea to have a think about what you would like to achieve. This has certainly informed my decisions, I am currently awaiting a stock of fruit, pastry, and flower flavours to go with vanilla, blueberry, vienna cream, ylang ylang (I love essential oil of this and thought it would be an unusual note to add) and a meringue for the baked sweetness. they have made some interesting combinations so far that I am trying at the shake and vape stage. Pretty mellow stuff. The flavour west Blueberry is not coming through as sharpely as expected so I have ordered a different variety this time. But I have to say and I may be biased but all my flavour creations so far, are as good as shop bought. Really quite smooth. but it is still early doors. Not sure if this is advice or just my anecdotal musings, happy vaping :innocent:

7 Likes

EXCELLENT POST!!! Simple, elegant, and easy to understand. VERY nice work !

5 Likes

But yeah I forgot to add thanks guys, your work has certainly informed some of my next purchases, the site as a whole is excellent and the community is top notch, having chanced my arm in the chat room I was surprised to get an almost instant and helpful response to my query. Bravo

5 Likes

Started adding a link to this to my recipes description, good job all involved :thumbsup:

9 Likes

bumping 10char

6 Likes

well that didnt work

4 Likes

I love this site, it really cuts through the bs involved in this whole big world of DIY ejuice mixing. I find everything i need to make great juice that my friends and i love. Lars man you rock. I tell as many aspiring mixers about this site as possible.ty to all that put into the information on this site.

10 Likes

Awesome post - this should be highlighted on the front page or something - this is exactly how I use the site. After a few orders of “dud” flavors I finally searched prospective flavors and made sure there was a high-rated recipe I could at least try - and then make sure I had all the rest of the ingredients fo these “test” recipes too.

10 Likes

Very informative, thank you.

5 Likes

Oh hell, now that I’m learning how to navigate this site, I don’t have to talk to any of you. Seriously, thank you for the information. Looks like many a sweat and tears went into this and I appreciate it.

9 Likes

I first of all want to thank y’all for even more undiscovered topis, just like this one for example.
I started vaping in 08 quit smoking 1 1/2 yrs. Fell off the wagon. A few yrs ahead I wanted to"attempt" DIYing.
Well needless to say my first thought was to buy concentrates etc…not understanding a damn thing of how I was gonna make it work.
Another failed attempt, got frustrated back to analogs only this time I smoked, dipped & Vaped. Went back to online ordering pre made juices paying top dollar for , what seemed to be premium juices.
Mixing/ DIYing just wasn’t for me. I didn’t take advantage of READING & STUDYING ELR.
Never was one for reading the directions (so to speak) on much of anything.
So to make a long story short I started following YouTube videos,shows & for example “Fresh from the kitchen TVC” here we are 2017.
Decided I’m going to take the DIY art seriously, for real this time. So started reading the forums, not posting questions just closing my mouth and watching Fresh & some others. Learning how to truely navigate the forums and ELR and STOPPED smoking once again. But with lots of support from others and will power ! Lots of it. 4 months tobacco free now. And discovered/discovering flavor lists, Recipe ratings, etc… And now this, most popular flavors used in Recipes. Cap,TFA,FW etc… Specific notes at certain %'s. Y’all’s time and hard work for making ELR, Forums etc. Have and are a priceless resources of information and truely want to thank you folks for sharing your experiences, knowledge.
My second order on concentrates,VG,Nic. List goes on. I’ve got a couple of simple 3 flavor Recipes I’ll be working with, got a fairly complex(to me) one I’ll also making then adapting layering, adding too,taking away from.
Thanks again for allowing me to freely post without feeling like I’m the only tried and true serious newbie once again. I’m hear to learn & listen and probably won’t hesitate when I have a question when I get stuck.

13 Likes

Excellent job guys and girls!
Love the organization and simplicity of this topic!

5 Likes

A big shout out to Sthrn Woftam Amy and ummm whoever else put this together. Very informative and thankyou again

6 Likes

Very informative post thank you

5 Likes

I figure the majority of new users will never see/read this, which is unfortunate because too many of them are posting crap without a clue as to how to correctly enter flavors.
I would like to propose that this be mandatory reading for new accounts before access to the recipe database is even granted! (Hint, hint @daath)

16 Likes

I’ve never had the nerve to say it… TY TZ!

13 Likes

Hello my name is Mike and I’m new to the to the page. I have been vaping for roughly 4-4 1/2 years now, I am very passionate about vaping as I feel it truly saved my life getting me off cigs. I have dabbled in diy off and on since I first started vaping but have found that I am getting burned on most typically produced juices and do enjoy the creative aspect of diy greatly. I look forward to meeting many new people and learning lots of new things, and broadening my knowledge of the art of diy. Thanks to all for having me

12 Likes

Welcome Mike!

4 Likes