Tips For Navigating the Flavor Page and Optional Flavor Choices For Beginners

After entering a flavor and clicking on search, I sort the list by Recipes.

This will lineup the list by the flavor being most used in recipes. I haven’t seen a case yet where the proper ELR name wasn’t used before the improper name.

Scroll down until you see the flavor and vendor that you desire.

Once that’s found you should change that flavor name in your Flavor List to reflect the proper name most commonly used if it’s not accurate.

6 Likes

Once you locate a flavor in the flavor list list you can click it and add it here at the red arrow.

Or you can type it into your flavor stash…

6 Likes

The struggle is real and un-ending! My OCD kicks in everytime I see that shit like that.

6 Likes

Question.
Is there a way i can see in what recipes of mine a certain flavor is?
Ive been getting an off taste in a few of my juices, its like baby powder or perfume or laundry detergent. Ive checked 2 of my(not mine per se, just ones ive made or copied) recipes and the only common denominator is vanilla shisha at 1%. So im wondering if there was any easier way to figure out which other recipes ive made also have that ingredient.

Of course i could just take note every time i vape if i get that taste and go check the recipe. Just wondering if there was a quicker option.

Also, thanks for you guys work compiling this comprehensive guide. Great job!

4 Likes

user/my recipes/search/enter flavor

6 Likes

I havent tasted any of these just yet, at least i dont recall doing so, but if u mean dry chalky and u like it otherwise, u can try saline at low %, .25% perhaps. This works for me w/ peanut butter tpa for chalkiness.

6 Likes

Thanks! I used that function before but not exactly like that. Really appreciate it.

4 Likes

Yeah, sorry, im not very good at identifying or describing flavors. I wouldnt say chalky though. Maybe its something else. I notice i dont immediately get this funny taste, but after a while, its more of an aftertaste. I’ll figure it out one day hopefully, thanks again for the help!

4 Likes

Thank you very much for this article. Very informative and has saved me a lot of time. Also built instant confidence in being able to navigate around ELR and get to where I need to go. Quickly:)

7 Likes

none of these options are showing up for me.i can get to the flavor list but from there i dont see any boxs or anything high lighted.what ami doing wrong

3 Likes

The shown highlighted sections were how the OP shows u were to find what he is referring to. The sections of “boxes” appear after u enter a certain flavor.

4 Likes

I Agree! giphy%20(2)

6 Likes

ok,so what is an op

4 Likes

What is op in slang?

In regards to forums, OP often means “original poster” or “original post.” :D.Sep 15, 2012

4 Likes

Thank you all for all this hard work. You can tell the passion that’s gone into this. I’m starting to get a handle on this page. As a newbie, things like this are invaluable.

4 Likes

This post has been very helpful, thank you. I’m relatively new to diy myself and one thing I’ve had trouble with is that when I choose “what can I make” I get 37 pages of recipes and 80 % of them are no stars, and single flavor recipes. Is there a way to only see five star mixes that many people have mixed? A filter of sorts.

4 Likes

HI @Daveflowers9 did you sort by rating? If not then click the word rating at the top of the column (the default sort is date from memory)

4 Likes

Wow, I never saw that! Thank you!

5 Likes

Great Post. Of course we now have to add WF(sc), Jungle Flavours, Molinberry, Purilum, OOO, Hangsen, (to name but a few of new flavour companies that have great flavours) to the list. Jeez, decisions, decisions, decisions.

2 Likes

I agree… not bad as a guide to utilizing the ELR Flavor Database. It’s been over 3 years since this post was created and it’s a bit outdated. Maybe you or a group of other members can do an updated version that will be more relevant to current day DIYers.

4 Likes