Tired of wasting my concentrates

Did you enter all of your flavours into your stash, and make it public?
If we are able to see what you have to work with, you are more likely to get suggestions that will work for you.

3 Likes

Welcome!! I had the same problem when I started diy so you’re not alone. It’s an adjustment period for sure. I see it like when you drink a lot of soda pop then switch to flavored water, it’s going to be very weak tasting until your taste buds adjust. Commercial juice tends to have lot’s of sweetener so anything you make with little or none is going be weak until you get used to it. I use Capellas super sweet or Flavorah’s sweetness and it helps a lot, just one drop per 10 mls makes a big difference. You’ll get there with practice, just have fun with it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

G-Fog yes i did enter all my flavors and yes made it so all can see thanks. And will try a drop in my 10ml tester and see how that changes the flavor thanks Sinfulvapor well other than that im happy i really thought im one of the non strawberry tasters that is bad but to my surprise last night i tasted it in my own mixed juice got the recipe here and thanked the person who posted it he saved me from giving up on strawberry and alot of mixes have strawberry in them so yes i have something to vape im gonna work on this for the weekend and see if i can tweek it a bit to my taste. I hope i nail it.

3 Likes

Oh just like to add what im using at the moment smok morph 219 with rda vaping bogan not sure what coils they are but they work :see_no_evil::sweat_smile: other than that i dont know why but i love fruity vapes but dont have fruity flavors only the 3 or 4 i have with no flavors like lime or something to make a tropical juice i need to get more flavors :joy: i like watermelon with cooling affects really dont know why i dont have those flavors if that is what i like :see_no_evil: but yes think i ordered those flavors acording to good recipes which i screwed up but yes with all the knowlege i got i think i will nail them now will get a few summer flavors for soda vapes or drinks especialy watermelon on ice love that. Hope everyones day is going great so far.

3 Likes

@REAPER2 I know you enjoy fruity mixes, but try this, it may surprise you.
Quick and easy Custard Biscuit (originally by Grubby)
Biscuit (INW) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard (Cap) 8%
Good luck

3 Likes

@REAPER2… I was perusing your Flavor Stash and saw several incorrect flavor names (I notice things like that) that you’ll need to correct before posting any recipes.

butter (TFA/TPA)
Koolada (10%) TFA / (TPA)
Perf Apprentice Vanilla Bean Ice cream
Stawberry kiwi (FW)
vanila swirl (TPA)

The ELR recipe calculator uses a specific, standardized naming convention for flavors. Flavor names for recipes require:

1. Manufacturers name abbreviated (in parenthesis)
  2. Correct spelling
  3. Capitalization because they are proper nouns.

Since you’re just starting out it is highly recommended you read the Flavor Stash Guide, which will teach you the best way to find correct flavor names, among the numerous duplicates, required for ELR’s recipe calculator. Link: The ELR Users Guide to Creating Your Flavor Stash

If you have any questions or problems most of the regulars here as well as myself can give you some guidance.

5 Likes

What you put your juice into and vape on can make a difference, atomizer, rta, rda? if you build what wire and build do you use? All of those things can make a difference in flavor, including your wattage. Your taste buds are still re forming too, so flavors will tend to change, one week you’ll love it and the next week hate it. Good luck it’s all worth the effort.

3 Likes

I’d start with all your flavors as solos… use them very low and then bring them up.
take notes on what you taste and when…

between your notes and your own tounge, these 2 will be the most valued you have for mixing.

Just mixing recipes from others, sure it helps in a pinch… but making something you enjoy by knowing your flavors will make you a better mixer… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks g-fog mixed it taste great from first taste will let it sleep for a week and taste again cause if it taste that good now after a rest how great will it taste then so give me a week or two and lets find out :joy::muscle: and thanks SmokyBlue will do just that and so far bought the rda to taste singke flavors and better taste so yes thanks Cat7 setting airflow for better flavor and setting my watts aswell start at 60 watts and working my way up to 115watts so i will get a sweet spot between that :joy: and thanks TorturedZen i typed my flavors in and i picked wrong will return to flavors and double check thanks yes i dont want to mislead people if i mix and it says the wrong flavor and people mix it and dont get the taste i get so yes must fix that thanks now i must go get some more flavors i crave watermelon and a slight coolness to it so must get a nice watermelon recipe and get those flavors thanks for all the support with everything please have pattience with me im learning the site so yes dont hesitate to tell me when im wrong thanks everyone enjoy your day.

6 Likes

Great!! I keep a collection of drippers… and come clean up day, enough to keep me busy for a few hours… :slight_smile: I do suggest to have a variety of dripper… it helps when you are testing your flavors out…

you might want to try around 30 and go up as you need it, Reaper… believe it or not… flavors all have their “sweet spots:” too, and some do not like higher temps.

I hope you have lots of fun @REAPER2 :smiley:

4 Likes

I will defanetly have fun but even more fun when i get more flavors hate it when there is a great recipe and i need flavors but yes its only motivation to get those flavors​:joy: and yes good idea to get more drippers but i will be patient just starting but my flavor stash will be growing and mods aswell my time is just limitted at the moment but in 2 weeks i will have more time studying my flavors so for now it is slow testing but for now it is nice to nail a flavors sweet spot :muscle:.

3 Likes

Just for an example. I really couldn’t taste Strawberry flavors for about three years after I quit smoking. Now they punch me in the face. I’ve been vaping for eight years and I can tell you for certain that I can taste flavors now with a far more pronounced acuity than I use to. Just sayin’…

8 Likes

Hope that taste comes fast so that i can taste flavors where most taste them :joy::joy::joy: and as strong as most it will make things a bit easier.

1 Like

Hey @REAPER2… sometimes strong makes weak… just because you might think to jack up flavors… it might not work to that kind of thinking.

This is again why I say do solos in a range from very low to average to high, so you know what those flavors do and taste like at those ranges… Take notes.

but hey, you want 30-50% flavor… you wont be alone. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:no stress i want 100% pure flavor but yes i mean in tasting and my taste buds must taste strong so i can use less but yes i do start at 0.5 and work my way up my taste is still a bit messed up so yes time will tell but yes thanks for looking out.

2 Likes

Hi there, REAPER. I haven’t read all the replies but it called my attention that you had the initial same problem as I had. At the beginning of DIY I went straight to strawberry recipes, and there were all frustrating. I bought 8 different strawberry flavours but wasn’t able to make anything satisfying, sometimes even just something with a strawberry taste. Then, I realised I am largely strawberry blind (it’s relatively frequent). For instance, TPA Strawberry Ripe, one of the most reputed flavours, tastes like nothing to me. For some reason I was able to taste some commercial strawberries like you. That’s still a mistery to me. From time to time I try again some strawberry recipe, with some but not much success. The good news is that there is an entire other world of non-strawberry recipes out there. I can recommend some of my favourites if you are interested.

2 Likes

You hit the nail on the head i thought i could not taste strawberry at all and a week back tryed it and i could taste it then there was the vanilla bean ice cream (TPA) had a very strong taste which i thought i could not use it anymore i think after a very long steep i could taste it better but still not as great as everyone does so i must just solo taste but i will do it with drops just add a drop everytime and see how that goes now hopefully it is better and that im not allergic to something in it.

3 Likes

And yes @federete i would appreciate any recipes that you could help me with thanks a million.

2 Likes

if you’d like to try this… you might be able to taste it…

here is yet another one

2 Likes

Thank you very much i dont have Flavorah flavors but was thinking of getting since i saw all your recipes are very low % which means a 10ml bottle will last me a very long time. And i only buy 10ml bottles seing that im only mixing for myself but i think for now i should invest in getting Flavorah flavors so i use less and get more thanks for the recipes though. Will try to get a few Flavorah flavors by the end of the month.

4 Likes