Titanium Wire... Prep and Use

I don’t dry fire Ti-coils - you can end up making a small fireball. I only do standard coils (spaced, not touching) - works a charm!

2 Likes

I dont plan on using this wire in a TC application. This is still possible yes?

Yes, you can use Ti-wire in non-TC mods :smile: It’s really low resistance, so you might need a few more wraps to get to the ohms you want - it’s not too bad though.

I like SS-wire as well, but I feel Ti is better. I feel I can taste nickel and kanthal…

3 Likes

I can taste kanthal & nickel also, titanium is a much better material IMHO
Titanium from here foward for me.

I’ve got a titanium question.
Why do so many people think titanium has some mysterious health harming issues?
Titanium oxide seems to come up over & over.
The thing is titanium oxide is in a craps ton of edables + medications.
It’s also in most all white paints,dyes…Etc

It just bugs me when I hear someone say “Im not brave enough to try titanium”, while at the same time these same guys are twisting nickel & kanthal so they can build a ‘pretty’ coil,while not considering the chipset in the T.C. mod regulates for nickel,not the 2 metals.
Does someone know what the hell the rumor is that I must’ve never heard ?

To me it seems odd you can taste nickel and it’s being heated and inhaled so the metals that don’t have a taste when heated, should in “theory” be better for our purpose.
Any imput?

1 Like

All it takes is one person to start a rumor and it spreads like wild fire. It’s in human nature to look for what’s wrong first instead of what’s right. Most people fear the unknown, therefore they avoid it. Once they see there is no harm then it’s accepted. @daath and I has been using TC for months. My guess is over time people has come to accept it and once they tried it they realized the it benefits of Ti over all other resistance wires.

1 Like

I agree humans tend to search for the negative ,while also having tendency to spread rumor cleverly disguised as knowledge / facts.

You get my point though huh , I man is not brave enough to try titanium but will twist kanthal & nickel for temperature control.
Now to me that seems a little risky compared to stainless & titanium.

2 Likes

Although I’m not afraid to vape it, but nickel is known to be harmful to humans.

1 Like

I know many people say that Ti doesn’t/shouldn’t be fired before it’s wicked and wet. I have actually dry fired plenty of Ti coils, very low wattage around 10, it will barely, I mean barely start to get the slight redness of when someone would dry fire a kanthal coil to get the hot spots out. I only do it once or twice though and I stop. I have done this with contact and spaced coils using Ti. I was having a problem with my spaced coils getting the slightest hot spot on one end of the coil and it kept burning my cotton.

I have also tried washing/rinsing with water before and not dry firing, got a weird taste from the Ti wire as opposed to when I do my 1-2 dry firing first. As I said, I dry fire on a low setting, normally 10W just enough to put some heat to the coils. I have never came across a time when I have made the metal decompose from its original state. I have been using Ti for about 2 months now and just figured I would chime in about this.

3 Likes

Hmm, well I don’t dry fire it simply because other than cosmetics of the spaced coil it works and taste fine, I wipe the Eire with grain alcohol before wrapping.

1 Like

Titanium has breathed new life into temp control vaping for me …Todays deep thought …that is all

1 Like

I’m glad people are using it now. I knew from day 1 it was the bomb. You can really get the pure flavor.

4 Likes

Titanium is an amazing Eire for vaping.
A simple spaced coil fresh gets me almost a week of constant vaping before build up.
With temp control I’ve had ups & downs probably all user error.
It seems to take a lil while before the coil is a custom to full heating g & I get a nice warm Vape.
At first it’s too cool & for some reason cooler vapor makes me cough
So warmer is better for me.
I wonder why it takes a fresh built coil to start putting off heat better?
It’s a 0.13 ohm coil.
Do you guys have this experience?

I haven’t noticed that. What I did notice is there a short break in period for Ti I coils before it gives you that true killer flavor… maybe a half a tank. I’m thinking it gets a good burnt on juice coating. Similar to seasoning a cast iron frying pan.

Makes good sense, it seems after a half tank it seems to liven up.
I tell ya I wish I had better prongs for the rba deck on the Crown.
The lil clear o-ring right above the threads is really a pos & causes leaks with top filling with airflow cut off it leaks into the base.

4 Likes

Try emailing them with your issue and see if they will send more o-rings.

After-Sales:service@uwell.cc

3 Likes

A DUMB resistance lock question.
Have you ever tricked the resistance?
What I mean is setup low ohm coil lightly press fire button then lock the resistance in.
If I’m careful + only up it a few tenths I get a much better Vape at a lower joules.
Ever commited this sin?

Like from a
0.13 ohm coil. Tricked to 0.19 huge difference

2 Likes

That actually defeat the purpose of TC. You might get dry hits. :dizzy_face: If your want a better vape either turn up the temp/watts or vape the Ti in the Ni200 mode. Works fine for me when I want more vapor/flavor.

2 Likes

Hmm well I’m kinda dumbfounded that this worked.
I’ll wrap my next coil at 0.19 .
At 0.13 at 572 I was cranking 60 joules. Weak &cool
At 0.19 at 420 I’m getting a great warm Vape at 20 joules

Almost seems illogical huh

2 Likes

Switch to Ni200 menu setting and try that… It push a lot more power to your coils.

2 Likes

Ahh ok I wasn’t sure if I’d cause big issues doing so.
Does cold vapor choke you up a little & mute flavor aswell.
I emailed crown + will report back.
I think I might look at the factory coils + Rob a o ring if they look different.

I tricked the coil because of cold vapor & my thinking was battery life at 60joules vs 20joules.

I still wanna kick sigelei in the but for lacking titanium support

2 Likes