Tobacco Recipe Suggestions Please

I believe 50year’s examples above are for a Hybrid mix, meaning a combination of NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco) and commercial tobacco flavors / enhancers (the INW ingredients).

The 6.4% DNB is way too high. Preferred percentage in a mix is .5% - 1.0%. A little DNB goes a long way. It’s supposed to add a bit of ashiness to a mix. It’s an attempt to recreate some of the ‘combusted tobacco’ element from smoking.

Coming from a 45 year pack a day+ smoker (who tried) to recreate that combusted tobacco element in a vape mix… it’s just not going to happen. After 7 years of vaping tobacco mixes (mostly commercial flavorings) it’s my ‘opinion’ that what I’ve managed to do is retrain my taste buds to find satisfaction in what the commercial flavorings provide. It must have worked (for me) I haven’t had a smoke in that 7 year span.

I don’t want to discourage you in your quest. Stay on the hunt. Commercial tobacco flavorings have improved over the years. There’s some good ones out there. Unfortunately there’s no Marlboro in a bottle flavors.

Hang in there and keep trying!

3 Likes

A couple of comments; …your math is not quite right. The PG/VG ratio overall is actually 40/60 not 19/58 as you calculated. The error results from the fact that you did not add in the INW and NIC extracts to the total PG quality. They are PG based…

The Nic amount calculates to about 1mg per gram of finished vape product. You can vary this to your liking, as that may be important, many people that are trying vaping as a THR method will want much higher initial NIC as they transition away from combustables.

As to d_fabes comment about the INW DNB amount. Well yes, that is one of the issues when using commercial extracts. They are not the same over time, and sometimes the manufacturers change them radically and without warning. This is the case at INW several years ago. There was a lot of guessing and conjecture about what the hell was going on over there, but most felt it was some sort of reaction to government regulations regarding tobacco products. It is very possible that d_fabes and I have two very different bottles from INW with radically different concentrations. Look further up the series in this post to see Josephine_van_Rijn comments about changes at INW. I believe there is also an extensive thread on just this topic elsewhere on this BBS.

One more thing: It was just luck that I was notfied of your reply post, as the software that runs this BBS somehow decided to send me an email to my private address with the notification, so I could drop over here and reply. But, that is most unusual, as I no longer hangout here, and very very rarely am I sent any sort of of notification. If you want to more reliably track me down then find me at the blog: DIY-Tobacco-NET - Index page

-Have fun, and I hope it goes well for you. -Peter

4 Likes

Thanks for the additional info, Peter. Glad you got the notification! Good point on the INW reformulations a few years ago. I know their Gold Ducat was reformulated, and the GD fans were complaining about it.

Glad you stopped by!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply, d_fabes. I really appreciate it.

I’ve tried several tobacco flavors over the years and I’ve been cigarette-free for seven years now. By reading the forum posts, I get the idea that many of the members have extensive knowledge and are advanced DIYers.
However, that’s not the case for me. My “bar” for regular tobacco flavor is pretty low, in comparison.
If I didn’t have access to something better, I’d be satisfied with vaping Liqua American Tobacco or any of Liqua’s tobaccos for that matter.

That’s what I am trying to make. Simple, mild tobacco flavor. A bit of added “ashiness” wouldn’t hurt but I can live without it.

I was thinking about ordering something like this: American Blend Gold – EuroFlavor
but before I do, I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a simple tobacco flavor that will be mild.

If you have any suggestions or recipes in your sleeve, I’d be very happy to mix them and give them a try.

Once again, thank you for replying! Vape on! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Splinter07, and this was a great thread to re-activate.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply, Peter!

I will make sure to check out DIY-Tobacco-NET. I appreciate it!

3 Likes