USPS, FedEx, DHL & UPS (!) Vape Mail Ban, incoming late March/ April 2021: Discussion, Updates, Info, Venting, Emotional Support

I have one rda & some atty parts on the way from them and the label also says… filters

5 Likes

Can you really ever have ENOUGH filters ??

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

yeah, thats what i am figuring.

thanx

4 Likes

I am guessing the coupon code for LNW no longer works? Is there a new one?

3 Likes

Inked Atty closing shop, taking orders until the 26th.

5 Likes

LNW said they were removing the coupon code temporarily but didn’t really specify why.

4 Likes

EVCigarettes:
https://evcigarettes.com/vape-mail-ban-pact-act/

5 Likes

Yup. Saw a pic on the FT website and the shipping label said filters as well. Lets see what happens when it hits the US.

5 Likes

That’s happened to me with orders in the past.

Usually not with such a long delivery time because I usually order more locally, but I’ve had tracking numbers not ever register and suddenly it’s just in the mailbox.

From China though I’ll be fked if I know how long that takes on a fast delivery.

Though also, I would expect fasttech .is an infinitely larger company than the little online stores any if our local companies are running so mistakes are going to be statistically more common due to the much larger number of orders - especially now.

4 Likes

@Lostmarbles, already received the package. NOW, granted the “bans” haven’t started up yet. Proof will be AFTER they are running.

7 Likes

Got that mail this morning …so sad!

5 Likes

Seems like I’m getting them daily. Very sad indeed. Do love that he’s keeping the site up for info on sizes. Great resource for finding glass specs.

5 Likes

Near the capital

5 Likes

Your probably about 4 hours away from me…

4 Likes

Dropped an order with wetvapes, some classics on there. The freakshow mini was one of my favorites for early basic builds. Didn’t grab but was good to see it still available. They had some good prices for a NY store would have been easy to order too much.
How are the vape shops in your area? We had a few out here, the biggest turned into more of a “hype” shop than an actual vape specialty store. After the ban we lost anything I know of that had products and the passion to sell it.

6 Likes

Hawaii gets nothing SMH

3 Likes

Weird, I got confirmation of River Supply shipping for an order I placed last week (with free shipping), but they aren’t sending the four 500ml bottles of PG I had ordered. They are only shipping the nic & flavoring portion of it. I hope that they get out the PG sometime as I could actually use it soon. Double shipping has to be costly for them?

4 Likes

Just got this from Evolv:

\ 100x32

Evolv ending direct sales due to PACT Act ‌

‌ Hello from Evolv,

Due to the PACT Act and related government actions, Evolv will be ceasing all direct-to-consumer sales on March 26, and closing the e-commerce portion of our website. We’ve never sent out a mailer before, but as someone who has purchased directly from us in the past, it’s important we keep you in the loop.

First, the good:

We’re running a huge sale until March 26!

Click here to view our March Sale

Next, the not-as-great:

After March 26, we will only sell DNA boards in quantity to business customers and we will only sell Reflex, other devices, and pods through distributors and local vape shops. If your local vape shop doesn’t carry what you want, ask them to start. If you don’t have a local vape shop, find one. Vape shops are the only way any of us will survive.

Also not ideal:

The electronics supply chain is a mess due to the pandemic. Enough of a mess that even the car companies are halting production for weeks at a time. Unfortunately, as a US manufacturer of high-quality electronics, we use a lot of the same part suppliers. If an item in your order is not in stock, we promise you’ll get your package eventually, but promising exact delivery dates is difficult. The best I can say is it’ll be better than Kickstarter but worse than Amazon.

The takeaway:

We’re not going away. The vast majority of our sales is business-to-business, and that will continue. We feel we have a strong PMTA application submitted for Reflex, with additional studies and trials ongoing. For example, Reflex finally received its UL listing demonstrating device safety. We also have new products in the pipeline and are happy to continue to help any of our DNA customers with PMTA where we can.

I wish we didn’t have to stop selling direct. While it isn’t a lot of our sales, Evolv was started by a hobbyist modder - me - and we care deeply about this segment of the community. However, we don’t see a way around the twin attacks of “ship anything and go to jail” and “$80 in paperwork and compliance costs for every $20 order”. We hope you understand, and we’ll all keep fighting the fight together.

Thanks for being our customer!

Brandon Ward
Evolv LLC

9 Likes

Well this sort of thing doesn’t help…

6 Likes

Sideways.
Of course!

5 Likes