Vapor Flask v3 Clone

I think it’s truly a matter of getting your coiling right to get maximum flavor . It’s not a mod to just throw around cause if the coil moves even a little the resistance changes I find , then if you dont unscrew your tank and change the res settting your gearing up for a dry pull.

2 Likes

I notice the VF3 goes to sleep similar to a computer. When you fire it, it wakes and ask if its the same coil or new. As long as I hit same I’m not having any problems. I handle it just like any other. And you’re absolutely right about the coils. This build I have in now is firing beautifully. I wasn’t impressed before, but I am now. It’s definitely different from the norm.

1 Like

I was wondering - Have any of you built claptons with a nickel core? It would work, wouldn’t it?

Its so finicky I haven’t tried anything but a regular coil

If anyone can do it @NewDrip can tho

1 Like

I’ve been weary about trying it. The highest I’ve been able to build Ni200 is .26 ohms. I got a feeling a Ni200 Clapton will be less than .1.

Ya it’s resistance is so low it’s hard to get above that

Can’t you do a single coil, with high gauge kanthal wrapped around a low gauge nickel wire and get enough wraps to get around 0.15-0.2 ohms? You can do it @NewDrip! :smiley:

It can be done! Even with a good resistance reading! :smiley: http://ukvapers.org/Thread-DNA40-Hybrid-Clapton-Coil

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I have 500ft of 32g Ni200. I’ll try a 28g kanthal core and 32g Ni200 wrap. This should make a small enough Clapton for my tanks. Thanks @daath. :wink:

1 Like

???

These look like the kangxin version which were the lesser quality flasks .

1 Like

Your new icon suits you well @NewDrip!

3 Likes

Hey, if it works, I might have been happier with one filled with hot glue, spooge coming out of the seams and misaligned battery caps!

1 Like

Too bad really . I love my flask even just for a ref mod …feels so nice in my hand compared to the m80 or the Istick 50 watt

Well, the process with Focalecig is on going. I spent over an hour and a half doing a video and emailing it (in 8 different emails, due to the video MB restrictions on gmail) to Doris at Focalecig. The ONE bright spot in this issue, so far, is the timely manner in which the customer reps at Focalecig get back to you. Either they are beaten with sticks by a cruel taskmaster or they actually care? I haven’t decided or learned which, as of yet. This is giving me hope my issue will be resolved in a timely manner.

Judging by the name " Eleven " I’d say brutal task masters …they aren’t even allowed to have names!

2 Likes

Check this out guys I’m drooling !!!
I’ll take this “clone” anyday!!!

What clone ?

Oh shit sry!!!
http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php?topic=1540.0
Duh

3 Likes

That’s a beauty ! It was only a matter of time !

1 Like