Watch your Credit/Debit card balances!

Buckle up Buttercups. If you’re not aware …Google “Experian Data Breach”. 2018 promises to be the year of Identity Theft, but if you get one of those Credit/ID Protection Plans read the fine print as one of the things you must agree to is not to sue Experian …because 2018 might also be the year of the largest Class Action Suit in History and you don’t want to miss out on a piece of that pie. Keep a closer eye on your electronic banking. Change your passwords and do multi level authentication if offered next login (more than just a password). Look for beefed up authentication strategies …they’re coming for a reason.

4 Likes

Yikes! My ITunes account got hacked too! Someone in Japan (his name is a series of pictures) put me in a shared account. ITunes can’t get me out. Holy Poop! The poor girl on Itunes support is working her butt off.

2 Likes

Damn Ogre they are putting you through the freaking wringer with this mess. I wish they could make it easier to clean up the aftermath as well. I’m sorry dude, I wish there was something we could do. And why do these people choose the month of Christmas to do all this? That just makes it all the more evil.

3 Likes

No doubt. It’s a pita. They didn’t get anything as I had already closed down the card on file but it took forever for everything to be officially cleared on the card. Apple did get the shared account removed but it had to go all the way up to engineering to do so. The next hour and a half was my ipad updating outdated apps, lol. Hey all good. I’m back up and running. Biggest problem was that I use the ipad for in ear monitoring for performing and I could no longer adjust my monitor feed as the app was out of date. That was a problem. Hard to play Oya Como va with no drums.

4 Likes

thanks very much for the heads up!
I’ve not worried too much about this sort of thing. I think prolly i should and i’ve been very , very lucky thus far…hmm. unless it’s just because my balance is do low, nost of the time, that fraud attempts naturally bounce!
I can’t really call it “lucky” to be that broke, can I? :laughing:

3 Likes

@SmilingOgre You’re not using a Presonus Studio Live are you ?

1 Like

Rack Mount 32

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes GET’EM!!!

3 Likes

@SmilingOgre I feel like missed your post in 2017 !!!

2 Likes

Musta been a small pinhole in the space time continuum. :yum:

2 Likes

I hope so. The only thing I like MORE than Presonus recording equipment, is Walt’s posts !!!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Interesting :thinking:

5 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes

9 results for @LeanToniac - not a great track record so far on StopForumSpam….

3 Likes

Lean gets around a bit @Rocky02852.

3 Likes