Weird battery question

It’s neet to see what everyone is using and doing.

OK so IMR they only refunded 1 of the units, didnt refund shipping, or even bother to say sorry for the ruined warps and messing up one of the new 21700’s I just bought from them. Luckly I was able to recover it on the 3rd attempt Seems ok for now. Also re-wrapped the 3 - 21700’s with some custom stuff.

I was using 18650’s on a single battery mod, and just got fed-up (even used HG2’s) So since it also took a single 21700. Im digging the extra amp power and life from the 40t’s

Guess now I head over to www.18650batterystore.com/dealoftheday.asp and spend money there now. :crazy_face: Honestly any company that says they don’t support vaping with their products. (like I saw other say in this thread from IMR) Thats 2 strikes for them right from the start for me to drop from my vendor list id buy from. But keep posting I love reading your stuffs and seeing your pics. :+1:

3 Likes

The Mooch (April 6, 2019): The combination of its great performance along with its availability from authorized Molicel vendors makes it the best choice in my opinion for moderate to high power use in any device. We don’t have to worry about getting low grade, counterfeit, or old cells and Molicel is willing to sell to the vaping community. No other battery OEM is openly willing to do that.

It appears to be the battery manufacturers (as opposed to individual vendors, save for the IMR terms and conditions agreement also applying to Molicel brand batteries) who “will not support” customer usage of their (unprotected) Lithium-Ion batteries for “vaping” applications. Thus, vendors cannot seek reimbursements.

Seems that my 3M Adhesive Packing Tape “instant-wrap” solutions cannot compete with your “wraps”. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Raven-Knightly
Noticed that IMR voids out Molicel’s offer even when Molicel offers support.

Hea man… Buy the clear wraps 10pc for 99cents and I’ll make any art work you want. Been sticking to B&W for now personally But I’ll hook ya up with the art with crop marks to cut.

Just drop them in a word doc print and cut em. Just remeber to put one upside down if you want them to line up. Since on most dual mods the batteries go in 1 positive up and 1 positive down.

Or you can DIY Specs are

Width
18mm x3.14 = 56.52mm Final Dimensions 2.23inch or 668 pixels
Height
65mm = Final Dimensions 2.56inch or 767 pixels

Width
21mm x3.14 = 65.94mm Final Dimensions 2.59inch or 776 pix
Height
70mm = Final Dimensions 2.75inch or 824 pix

Single 21700 color

3 designs for 2 x18650 each![18650 Battery|375x500]

5 Likes

About the Opus, I can confirm that each battery slot has its own fuse.

One of the older Opus’s slot blew a fuse when I put a battery upside down, and did not affect the charging in the other slots.

4 Likes

https://hohmtech.com/charger/

3 Likes

I’m using the Nitecore NEW i4, charges everything, going on 9 months heavy use never had an issue. Also use a Efest Pro C2 just for 18650’s

2 Likes

I’ve had that same charger for over two years now, use it every single day

5 Likes

ditto… think mine is about 3 yrs old now… I can even plug mine into my car… for camping! :tada:

4 Likes

You can never be too prepared!

6 Likes

Teach me the ways of the jump starter, @Rocky02852 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sorry. I shall be choosing to only roll with my snazzy fire engine red customized, patented “Placebo Wraps”:

Placebo_Wraps

:clown_face:

5 Likes

Oh dang I was thinking the rusted out battery warp look with a MOD sticker .

Warning: This MOD will self-destruct upon unauthorized use.

Was better. :pretzel:

6 Likes

For camping ya really need the YETI, it has optional solar panel for charging😎

5 Likes

This would (appear to) mean a cell technology not subject to venting pressurized gases whatsoever:

Dr. Hyoungchul Kim’s research team, from the Center for Energy Materials Research at the Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST, Acting President Yoon, Seok-jin), have successfully developed a sulfide-based superionic conductor that can be used to a high-performance solid electrolyte in all-solid-state batteries. This new material delivers the Li-ion conductivity of 10.2 mS/cm at room temperature and is comparable to that of liquid electrolytes used for typical Li-ion batteries.

Until such an auspicious time as being able to purchase such batteries at reasonable cost, I’ve found (and made use of) this handy-dandy Lygte battery comparison widget (with some surprising results):

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

The data-base has a lot of various manufacturers and models (over a number of discharge currents).

2 Likes

I picked a given 5.0 Ampere continuous discharge current (25 Watts into a 1.0 Ohm Coil Load). It appears that while the Molicel P26A is preferable to the Samsung 25R, the Samsung 30Q appears to look preferable to the Molicel P26A (at 5.0 A). That remains true up through 10.0 Amps discharge.

P26A vs 25R:

30Q vs 25R:

30Q vs P26A:

Note that (in my limited Mod experience), some Mods will simply not operate down to a 3.3 VDC battery voltage - [ie, the Vaporesso Swag II, and (from reviews), the Smok AL85]. Luckily, my Sigelei 30W Minis and eLeaf Pico 25s can, when necessary, operate all the way down to a ~3.1 VDC battery cell voltage.

Source Widget: http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

1 Like

After reading the Mooch battery chart I just bought a batch of Molicel P26As. Time to swap out a discharged pair. Voltage readout on Geekvape Aegis (battery indicator at 0 bars and just stopped vaporizing) sez 4.15 volts (?) These last a good long while in my dual batt setup @ 80Watts My LG H2s lasted two years but have been going down slowly over the last 6 months. $4.99 @ at IMR for these Molicels would seem to be the best deal I ever got on 18650s. Worst battery buy (?) Sammi Qs …worked great but started dropping after a year. See y’all next year with an update on Molicel :wink: Hey? I was about to buy batteries and I came to this thread …thxx peoples!

Oh and thanks IMR for giving me a couple IMR stickers, a couple batt boxes, and a couple batt wraps …noice

5 Likes

Popping in for a quick update. It may be my mod (GeekVape Aegis) but these Molicels seem to have little dropoff as they run down …all the way to zero bars on my screen. Something I can’t say for any other batteries I’ve used. I mean anecdotally I have noticed a slight vape reduction as other batteries approached zero, but these hit hard at 10% power and I usually just notice “Oh… I’m at zero” and there’s a noticeable drop in vapor production only then so I swap out batts …surely there’s a chart but don’t make me look …it’s late :wink:

5 Likes

Don’t look now … :clown_face:

You mentioned dual-battery mod, ~80 Watts load. That would be ~10 Amps or so.

Source: http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

I don’t have any direct experience with the GeekVape Aegis mod - but it (might) be surprising if it is willing to operate below ~3.15 VDC - where the two models are comparable. Then again (perhaps) the above displayed test-data is not reliable info. Or perhaps your Molicels, being newer, have that “new battery glow”. When they age a bit, they may seem closer to your Samsung 30Qs ? Both P26A and 30Q appear to have nearly the same internal Resistance. Glad that you are liking them !

3 Likes

Analysis SammyPinks might last a little longer but you can see the drop off is slower. I don’t like that as a vaping experience. The Molicel’s dropoff is like the cliff I am experiencing, but I don’t think a slower extended period gives an improved vaping experience …interesting tho, eh? Thanks Chief

4 Likes

Well, at least the mind knows exactly “what to do” when the Mod refuses to “play ball” any longer (due to battery cell voltage being too low). The Mods that I own and use (Sigelei 30W Mini and eLeaf Pico 25) won’t play at ~3.15 (call it “pi”) VDC. My Vaporesso Swag II has even less “supply voltage compliance” than the others.

I am wondering about some issues myself that may not be revealed clearly by battery performance test specifications. One suspected issue (with my LG MJ1 3500 mAh batts on clearance for $3 each at IM Retarded Batteries, which they have often proven to me in my various dealings with them) is early “voltage droop” when pulsed in operation. It (may) be that drawing ~10 Amps (I only draw ~2.25 Amps max) accentuates the severity of such “voltage drooping” phenomena - such that the Molicel P26As do, in reality seem to “hang in” better (near the bitter end) ?

For Premature Joules/Coulomb Droop, try Doctor Procto’s NuMale Rejuvinator. :joy:

1 Like