What Are You Listening To (Part II)?

Dang Geoff Tate could hit the notes in his prime…

3 Likes

And for Rush fans.

5 Likes

IIRC, he trained vocally for opera in his younger years. "Ryche will always hold a special place in my musical history. Operation: Mindcrime came along when I was listening to a slew of hardcore and punk, a good friend of mine convinced me to give it a listen. Mind. Blown.

2 Likes

Lovely American Blues at its finest, Buddy is a outstanding individual, That man has class and is a genuine human, I have met and talked down to earth with him on many occasions This man bleeds the blues with his gold tooth grin, Always very, very kind to me. I cant say enough about the love. And ZZ Top I have seen at least 5 times, be a big stage or little they demand respect always a great show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hThlFYaUXds&list=RDhThlFYaUXds

1 Like

2 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV6bJ45Hxco The Fat lizard King.

1 Like

I discovered Queensryche when their first album came out and got to see them twice before Operation Mindcrime was released. They were incredible live and Tate’s voice was for real. Mindcrime was like a Rorschach image but with music. Everyone could find hidden meanings or have their own interpretation of what they thought it meant.

1 Like

In a pissy mood today but this vid always makes me smile.:smirk:

4 Likes
3 Likes

yes, yes iam thks

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

So, after watching the VOM that @Jooshwa posted, this little gem was in my youtube recommendations and…well…just watch.

It’s like Korn, Faith No More and Weird Al Yankovic had a ketamine-fueled orgy and this video crawled out of the resulting layers of smegma. Good stuff!

8 Likes
4 Likes

Today’s my sons birthday. I’m being forced to listen to Jethro Tull. Really not my thing. :anguished:

3 Likes

Well on a positive note, if it is your son’s music, consider yourself lucky, there’s a lot of music that I can think of that is like listening to nails on a chalkboard and they call it music. And at least they play and write their own stuff.

4 Likes

This one’s for @Lostmarbles :smiling_imp:
welllll, his son might like it

It’s my favourite song from that album, I find it heart-rending. The rest are a bit too pretty for my tastes.

6 Likes