What are you watching? 2022/23

I killed my Netflix recently, but the trailer looked cool.

I remember back in the 70’s (yeah can still remember a few things from that era), there were ‘Ethnic Festivals’ in downtown Detroit, right on the river. They’d have food trucks & trailers, big tents, and the focus was food, for that particular festival country. They’d have a different one every weekend. Man, that was some good eatin’. Chowing down, music, dancing, watching the boats & freighters on the river.

5 Likes

Would love that, we actually have a “Rib Fest” here this upcoming long weekend, Pit Masters from the states do a tour here and compete… Good thing normal pants don’t fit me, I always wear stretchy joggers

5 Likes
2 Likes

Make it about once a month. I use a 8 inch spring pan. And we don’t use ground corn in the crust.

3 Likes

What’s your sauce recipe? Care to share? I like a healthy dose of Oregeno. but the damn stuff isn’t growing so fast, basil I got 2 varieties on the go and they’re coming nicely

3 Likes

All the tomato are grown in the garden. All plum Marseno verity. They are a open source Tomato so there is no copyright protection. They grow a little smaller than your fist. Clean Then blanch a couple of minutes then cooled in ice water in the sink, peel and put in strainer to completely cool then squish by hand squeezing out as much juice as you can drain thru the colander. Add 2 TBS dry sweet basil, 1 TBS dry oregano, 1 TS dry coriander.1 to 2 ts sugar Taste then season to your taste.

Tomato sauce is pretty much the same but instead put Tomatos in blender. We freeze Blended Tomatos only in one gallon freezer bags. Thaw then Season to taste at simmer.

4 Likes

I know you’re making light of my posts, kudos

3 Likes

SAUCE GOES UNDER THE CHEESE! UNDER, DAMMIT!

The only pizza i would eat for Shitago is Gino’s East or West. Its not the best but at least they know the order of ingredients. Id eat Sbaros over Chi style.

The north side of Kenosha was known as Little Italy and has some of the best pizza i have ever eaten.

3 Likes

No sir. These tomatoes exist as open source. I save as many seeds as I need for next years crop. They are not Hybrid. I often find them growing in the garden in spring from throw away or rotten tomato’s at harvest.

3 Likes

Chicago pizza is not just Deep Dish. Some of the best pizza I have had was a thin cracker crust thrown out on the bar instead of peanuts.

4 Likes

My favorite tho i do love a deep dish once in awhile, just with the sauce under the cheese. Not sure why it is such a big deal to me but for some reason it it.

We have a place down town called Villa D’ Carlo. Best thin crust i have ever had tho Anastasia’s in Antioch is a close second.

3 Likes

Rambler Style Pizza

3 Likes

Glad im full or i would have to take a drive… lol

Ambassador in Houghton has some good pizza too, taco pizza is so gud!

3 Likes

A few more weeks and we’ll be up in the beautiful UP. There’s some mighty fine grub to be found up there.

3 Likes

Ill be up for Thimbleberry picking next week then in September we will be there permanently. Lots of good eats, till be begging to go to The Hut in Calumet A LOT, hehe.

3 Likes

Holy Sh*t! Have you seen this movie yet? Thirteen Lives directed by Ron Howard. I suggest watching with someone especially if you have high blood pressure. Absolutely, 100% riveting.

6 Likes

Outlaws season 2 on Prime. I hope it’s as good as season 1. That was fun!

5 Likes

I’ll have to check it out. Didn’t even know it existed.

5 Likes

The release is pretty new, July 29 maybe? I don’t think Prime got it until a couple of days ago, iirc.

5 Likes

Just finished watching ‘Prey’ on Hulu.
It’s Predator in the early 1800’s.
Not better than the original Predator but better than the other ones.

8 Likes