Omg this made me remember by speculoos custard! Hopefully Nomz will be carrying the chefs SC line sooner rather than later!!
So back in the day we did some testing for Amoretti, around 2016 i think, and their Speculoos Cookie was fargin amazing. I kept mine but they are from 2016, ill see if i can find them and see if they are still good. I put them in glass so there is a 50/50 chance.
I mention this because i dont see the Speculoos Custard on Flavor Craver. First thing i did with it was to make a simple custard. The prices listed on their site are insane tho, 42.50/2oz.
I made a speculoos custard using chefs sc. I guess it’s called Biscuit.
- 5 1/4 ounces light brown candi sugar, such as Brewer’s Best, or deeply toasted sugar
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, soft but cool, about 70°F or 21°C (6 tablespoons; 85g)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda (4.75g)
- 3/4 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon (1.5g)
- 1/2 teaspoon kinako (roasted soybean flour; 1g), such as Shirakiku, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg (0.25g)
- Shy 1/8 teaspoon (0.35g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use half as much by volume or use the same weight
- Shy 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (0.15g)
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cardamom (0.10g)
- 1/16 teaspoon ground anise (0.10g)
- 1/2 ounce tap water (about 1 tablespoon; 15g)
- 5 1/2 ounces ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups; 155g)
I reckon it wouldnt be too hard to make our own, ive got some ideas rolling around in my THC brain cell and looks like i have everything i would want to make it.
This recipe is more Speculaas than Speculoos tho.
This is what my brain cell thinks will work:
0.20% Anise (Anice, Aniseed) (FA)
0.25% Brown Sugar Extra (TPA)
0.20% Caramel Biscuit (SSA)
0.25% Pumpkin Spice (Flavorah)
1.00% Shortbread Biscuit (SSA)
Flavor total: 1.9%
Im also going to mix another using Holiday Spice (TPA) at .2% instead of PS (FLV).
Gonna work on this tonite…I have some ideas written down . We shall see how it goes (non alcoholic)
Let me know how that turns out @Lynda_Marie, I loved that biscuit. I got kind of a spiced cookie from it.
I agree! This one was great. Wish I got a bigger bottle when it was around.
I really liked how it turned out. I made this a while ago. I got a flavor similar to JF cookie butter, and I think they go well together. I’m sure I could tweak that recipe a bit, but I really enjoyed as is! I think it’s a good time of year to make this again.