What do you do as a profession?

I’m a graduate student in Accountancy, and prepping for the CPA exam.

3 Likes

Hmmmm…I see a coil design in there somewhere…

1 Like

I am Radiology Technologist for a 24 hour stand alone emergency room in south Texas.

3 Likes

I liked ur post just not the wife part :pensive:

3 Likes

Unfortunately,I have to deal with this. I would never wish this on anyone,but it makes me a stronger person.

3 Likes

God speed brother. Vape on!!!

1 Like

Congrats on quitting still working on it myself.

2 Likes

I was an IT in the navy then sold real estate while going through college for my network administrator degree but somehow now I ended up running machines that takes cardboard and prints and cuts it into boxes. Lol, funny how things work out sometimes.

5 Likes

Couple of shots from backstage of tonight’s opening night performance of Cinderella by the Carolina Ballet in Raleigh, NC. (I’m in the upstage left corner stealth vaping!)

4 Likes

Did they put you back there to be the fog machine ?

5 Likes

I gotta admit, I’m kinda jealous. That sounds and looks like a dream. :smile:

1 Like

Yup, they pay me to come in and vape my ass off for 3 solid hours! Kidding! I do operate 2 dry ice foggers for the low lying fog effects.

There’s a haze machine that works by itself most of the show. And guess what is uses for juice? Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine! Now, if I could throw a little FA Tuscan Reserve in the juice tank, I’d be so much happier!

4 Likes

Hey, you too can become a stagehand any time you want and experience the smoke and mirrors of the theatre! Just go down to your local community theatre and volunteer to do a show or two. They’ll snap you up in a heartbeat and pay you after you save their ass a few times!

They would put YOU in the position of a stage manager for sure! Anyone as organized as you would be a lifesaver in that position. Now I will tell you, it’s like herding cats, but very rewarding!

3 Likes

I’ve thought about it often, actually. I love theatre but never really had the desire to be on stage. I love behind the scenes work. We get some pretty great stuff through our local theatre league. I’d usher or do tickets or sweep floors just to get to see the shows for free. :grinning:

4 Likes

You sound a bit like my other half. She has done all that to see the plays for free. She does also act in some plays as well. A jack of all plays you might say…

4 Likes

Go for the backstage gigs like props, costumes (dressers are always needed), or assistant stage manager for starters. Actually, just get in on the load-in and load-outs first and soon you will work your way into the good positions. Good people are really tough to find!

3 Likes

I am a server admin.

4 Likes

Digital printing press operator

5 Likes

Besides teaching potions at Hogwarts, I’m 99% retired. If I’m not camping and fishing, I occasionally drive truck when my vape account gets too low.

5 Likes

Construction Project Manager. I’ve been in construction for 12 years. I’ve done it all from Residential and Multi-family to Commercial and Big Box stores. Now I sit behind a desk and vape and manage projects and estimate to get new projects. I love my job.

4 Likes