What do you miss from childhood?

I miss feeling good. Not that I feel bad at 55, but having the energy of youth. Going and going. Yep I miss it!

6 Likes

Thanks to the drinking problem I had during my teen years I donā€™t remember much from my childhoodā€¦Or high school. From what I hear it sucked ass. So I guess my response is nothing.

4 Likes

Running out of likes for today on ELR! I miss the childhood days l could give endless likes and love lolšŸ˜Ž
Playing sport with friends and neighbourhood kids everyday growing up and playing Commodore 64 And Gi joes lol

5 Likes

I miss the bliss of ignorance. Anything was possible when you didnā€™t know you couldnā€™t do it.
Toys! I so miss toys. Also earning aches and limps and not just waking up with them.

8 Likes

I miss other children. With mustard and horseradish. Now horseradish gives me heartburn.

5 Likes

I shall make a list.

1. Playing Resident Evil in a dimly lit room.
  2. Scrapple with Eggs, courtesy of my grandma, who never explained what I was actually eating.
  3. Pigtails, I try now, but they really hurt after a few hours.
  4. Going outside, and not being scared of crazies or pedophiles.
  5. A moderate level of safety in school.
  6. No real sense of what was to come.
  7. Things didnā€™t hurt for no reason.
  8. Is it just me or were winters more mild?
  9. BB guns, and shooting them, wherever I wanted.
  10. Ignorance
  11. Walking into a room, and remembering what exactly I walked in for instead of forgetting instaneously.
  12. Hot Topic, the store. No, just kidding, no one seriously misses that, and probably never will.
8 Likes

Todayā€™s children just donā€™t taste the same Iā€™m guessing? o0 :laughing:

8 Likes

13 Likes

Ghostbusters the original not the reboot.
Watching he-man and not having a internal debate about my sexuality.
Cutting the hair off my sisterā€™s trolls.
90ā€™s wrestling and re-enacting every match with my brother.
Christmas used to cost me nowt and now itā€™s cheaper to buy a house

5 Likes

To the He Man, then the wrestling:

I miss waking up to the screams and other sounds of agony and destruction as my little brother and his friends reenacted the wrestling moves on eachother! It would wake me up from a dead sleep and then I would go to his room to chastise them and tell them how pathetic they looked doing the moves. I remember laughing at them until I could barely breathe. Really good times.
He also had a Sega game called Royal Rumble that was so fun to play and watch others play when all the wrestlers got into the ring.

4 Likes

I miss alot of things from childhood but what I miss the most is my brother. He was killed in a MVA. A passenger of a drunk driving friend :frowning:
On a lighter note: I miss watching my Grandma n Grandpa play the piano and violin together as the family sat around and listened. I have such great memories from being in a very large family!! My Dad has 12 siblings so family events are always a blast!!! Even as a adult the family gatherings are fun with so many loved ones around!

13 Likes

80ā€™s style horror movies that didnā€™t worry about social media perception when produced.

5 Likes

This is probably dumb, but, real cars. Iā€™m old enough to remember cars from the 50ā€™s still gracing the roads. Yes, they were old, comparatively, but they were out there. And 60ā€™s, and 70ā€™s iron of all kinds. Now you can only see them on car auction shows.

10 Likes

A time when my back was in good shape. When I could twist and turn without having to worry if Iā€™ll be able to walk afterwards.

5 Likes

Getting up from squatting without having to muster up some courage first. ā€œI squatted but I cant get up!ā€ Being able to sit down or get up quickly without having 4 beers first. Lol

Real toys that would probably be recalled today.

5 Likes

Playing in the ally, building in ground forts.
Playing with my Hot Wheels cars. (Still have them all, and still collect/buy)

6 Likes

Preach!!!
I miss when crap movies were just crap movies and I loved it for being crap. Iā€™m thinking C.H.U.D. itā€™s Alive etc. Donā€™t know if youā€™ve ever read Joe Bob Briggs horror movie reviews, but
I lived for them!

2 Likes

Still gets out and about every week or so. Couple more toys I picked up back when they were still just a couple hundred bucks.
Southern California you still see old rides nearly daily.

7 Likes