What interesting thing have you built to help with Blending or Vaping?

I had a serious problem. I blend large amounts of juice weekly all in 150 ml bottles. These bottles are very much like the 4oz bottles we usually buy flavors in, just a little taller. After all the blending and bottling is done, then comes the cleanup. I have always washed my bottles and caps and they would be put in the top rack of the dishwasher to dry. MANY TIMES my wife has threatened to throw my bottles away cause she can not load the dishwasher. She wouldn’t do it but she needed to bitch none the less. I seen items for drying baby bottles but they were always plastic and quite frankly too costly for plastic JUNK. Finally while shopping for some other needed items I ran across, I guess they were coat racks, which hang on the top of a door. I thought to myself…If I put these together back to back I can use them to dry my bottles. Into the shopping cart they went. Here’s the results…

I used some very thick and stiff wire and looped into the frames on each side of the bottom. At the top I again made loops for each side where the door tabs fit inside. I then bent the tabs inward toward the racks so the wire loops would stay in place. There you have it, a drying rack. I rarely blend more than 12 bottles of juice in a setting and this just so happens to have 12 hooks. The upper hook will be used for the bottles and the lower hook can hold the caps…

9 Likes

Got plans on the Internet (the dark-net) and built this Time Machine! Screw waiting for juice to steep!

Been working on a Steep Machine to sell on EBay…much more affordable!

10 Likes

Hey, that’s great-grandads iWatch!

1 Like

Do It Yourself Magnetic Stirrer…

Here’s another…

3 Likes

DIY Unregulated Box Mod

1 Like

DIY Regulated DNA Box Mod

1 Like

How to Patina Your Mod…

Dragon Scale Patina on a Copper Pegasus Clone…Snakeskin Patina

1 Like

Well as you have seen I built my spinners out of the 2 satellite fans
…but the GREATEST accomplishment I have done thus far is build my wife’s anger level to monumental proportions on the amount of $ I have spent within the last 30 days :wink:

9 Likes

Yea my wife is getting there too!!

5 Likes

Three words: separate…bank…accounts. Works like a dream! ; )

6 Likes

Built one of those out of the stuff my wife has been trying to get rid of in the garage and it works great.
Ha! Showed her what is and isn’t garbage…

3 Likes

bwahahaha!
We should start a club

4 Likes

I gotta give props and much thanks to @quitter1 for the amazing idea to change out the metal piece of my frother with wire. I used 24gauge (biggest I had) and it’s not pretty, but it works, fits in the skinny neck bottles, and was super easy to do. Now I can froth in the bottle and don’t need to buy beakers! I’m a super happy camper. :stuck_out_tongue: I folded a piece of wire in half, twisted it, and stuck the folded part down in the hole where the original thing was. You could probably manage a tiny whisk type thing if you used four wires and stuck the ends in the frother and adjusted the folded parts a little. Either way, fun stuff!

7 Likes

By frothing your juice, how much of the steeping process do you think it equates? 1 day? 2 days? A week?

IMHO… Weeks! …this coming from a tobacco and custard guy. After experimenting with steep processes, frothing is the way to go.

4 Likes

WEEKS???WOW. I respect your humble opinion immensely. I’m gonna buy one today. That’s awesome. How long do you mix juice for when frothing?

1 Like

I just ordered parts to build this elaborate 4 station magnetic stirrer hot plate.Apparently in vain. Wow!!!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say that. The combination of your mixing, heating and frothing will do a great service to your steep time.

I warm and whiz my juices 5 to 8 times, depending on what’s in the recipe. Whiz, then let it go clear, repeat. I stipulate a 3 or 4 week steep time on my recipes, cause I know that without the whizzing process, that’s how long it would take to normally steep my recipes.

3 Likes

Excellent info JimK. As always tyvm.

2 Likes

Here’s the $1.99 clamp I modified to fit my reciprocating saw. Great for mixing bottles.

7 Likes