What scale do you use?

my tiny crappy scale actually works well.

5 Likes

!!!

8 Likes

501 for me too. Plus the calibration weights serve double duty here. I use them in the sous vide to keep the food under water.

6 Likes

I love my LB-501 scale,because I live in the UK it did cost me around £40 from Amazon but for me it’s worth every penny. I used to struggle with syringes but now mixing is a pleasure and there’s far less mess to clean up afterwards. Mine doesn’t take too long to register drops etc but I do find myself holding my breath whilst doing it :joy: I just rest the lid on the wall behind mine and have never encountered any problems whatsoever. Hand on heart would I recommend this product? Yes I would.:+1:

7 Likes

https://www.liquidbarn.com/collections/supplies/products/scale-kit

is it suppose to come off no. but I have to disagree with you @eStorm. think it probably depends on what version of the LB-501 you get. I have gently popped it off and popped it back on .

you can see the hinge pin on the back

gently popped it off

gently popped it back on

I wouldn’t say it fluctuate like mad . if you bump the desk it will fluctuate. as for air flow really cant say it does I have a ceiling fan on low about 4 ft behind me doesn’t affect it. standard 8ft ceiling

6 Likes

No worries, I am happy to see that your version pops off. I don’t have that hinge on the back, but regardless thanks for taking the time and pictures, this will help others with that question.

9 Likes

I have a “similar” hinge, but I can say at least for MY version, it does NOT pop off. For anyone ON the fence on this, the lid is really just a plus, not a minus. Protecting your delicate scale is never a bad idea, and it just flips up, then back down, and never gets in the way.

8 Likes

I’ve been using the LB-501 for about 6 months, I really like them. I un clipped the hing at the back and like to remove the cover each time, I don’t clip the hing in each time as the front clips hold it great when closed. Unfortunately I could not find them in AU at the time so I got from the USA from the start when mine is plugged into the ac adapter it makes the measurements go up and down and I can’t mix with it, pissed me right off,(some sort of interference from ac don’t know I’m sure I tried other ac adaptors from around the house but it still does it. I wanted to send them back but it was more trouble then it was worth for me.
Funny now it’s not a problem at all the sleep function, I got my system and for where I’m at now I probably wouldn’t use the cord anyhow.
(Funny how we adjust to things)

Things I like about the scales: the cover I make a point of never leaving it un covered if not using, the large display is great, I like that the bottoms are flush so no juice and junk gets in there, making cleaning easy. Of course the Cal weights. They work excellent and accurate. They are solid and well made… Great scales at a really affordable price. Yeah I’m with CallMeTut noticed the rear legs lift I didn’t like that.

6 Likes

Mine were a bitch it was ac cord up and down like crazy I could mix with it, they are super sensitive I have a floor fan in my mixing room so it blows and vape smoke out the door as me smoke alarms go off, I just can’t have it on me or it screws with the scales but if it’s a windy day I have to shut the floor fan off and pull the door shut most of the way and chill on the cloud making😩 I like the sensitivity though makes me feel accurate lol.

4 Likes

I bought this from Amazon last year and so far I love it. Pretty fast and still using the same batteries as supplied in the unit. I can’t complain and it’s easy to store or carry. I have a second home that I spend half my time at and carry a few supplies sometimes and it’s so portable and cheap to replace if I leave/break it.
GDEALER DS1 Digital Pocket Kitchen Multifunction Food Scale for Bake Jewelry Weight, 0.001oz/0.01g 500g, Tare, Stainless Steel 12710619mm Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E6RE3A0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NiRUCb6T83JJC

7 Likes

Etekcity clone and there are a ton of em, not saying clone in bad sense as they all prob made by the same manufacturer anyhow. i had mine for couple years now that was gifted by another mixer so its got some years on it. No clue that i could change settings to not auto shut off vs. the 3 mins id been using it at until recently. If ya need i could find my link of the link on how to that seemed to work on a few models.

6 Likes

So is it a good one? To be honest, I would rather not have a scale that changes because a breeze (heat or a/c) blows across it.

4 Likes

For the $, yes it great and its been working fine fore years. It has the common flaw of not registering small amounts immediately but the blow on it trick works.

6 Likes

I’ve been using one of these battery powered ones from China for the past 6 months with no issues whatsoever.

4 Likes

I think I have the instructions still to mine. I’ll look and see. Mine works like a charm here. I’ve put it up against measuring by syringes vs scales (volumes) and they go hand and hand together. I had thought it would be cheap and might be an issue, but so far it’s pretty reliable.
I like to measure out a bottle or two here and there while mixing to see if there are any changes from time to time (my OCD kicking in) and still fine. If it fails or I forget it at the lake I’ll buy another one and not cry about it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have the same scale no complaints =)

3 Likes

That scale is not nearly accurate enough. And you should probably see about being a vendor. @woftam

3 Likes

Not only that but it cost over 300 dollars

3 Likes

Have you considered a Dayton? I coud be wrong, but I think that’s what many
commercial juice makers use

:grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

Respectfully, not a vendor, Im a blogger and that should be fairly obvious just by looking at the link.

Anyway to answer OPs question, if you want a scale with accuracy to the sub mg level, you’ll need a lab scale/analytical scale, which is well over $1000, let alone $300.