Whats everyone using for Nicotine?

I mostly use Carolina Extract, fantastic nic, clear, tasteless and no throat hit. I am wondering if perhaps something happened to yours along the way, ive been through a lot of it and no issues. Did you order it in a VG or PG base? I prefer PG in case it separates, it is MUCH easier to homogenize.

Nude… Worst CS in the history of CS and Jake is a complete dick who should never speak directly to a customer, ever. He also has no issue at all lying to people on social media. Always titrate your nic from anyone but ESPECIALLY from NN. Sucks because when their product was mix properly it was some dern good nic…

NR and LB both sell NicSelect and it is pristine from both companies and both will take care of you if you have any issues. I havent tried NR’s nic salts but id like to its just that i have a couple gallons of nic in the freezer and then a bit more 99.6% pure nic, a liter or so. So i have enough nic to last me till the end of my days, as long as there is no EMP im set for life.

Then there is VapersTek, another fantastic company with great CS and an excellent product. When i ordered from them they were as good as NN, if not just a bit better quality. They ship quickly and are easy to contact with quick replies. Bull City used to sell their nic until their state went full on derp over nicotine.

MFS, i havent used their nic in years but it was as peppery as Wizlabs. I would never use either again. I have some ECX nic but to be honest i never used it, i titrated then topped with nitrogen/argon, vacuum sealed and into the deep freeze.

There is also Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, @LiquidNicotineW. I havent used their product but they pop in here from time to time.

I titrate every bit of nic that i get and the only company that was ever off was NN, and it was low, it was almost double, near 200mg. I wasnt the only one and it didnt happen just once. A real shame…

5 Likes

I second the vote for vaperstek chemnovatic nicotene it is the best in my opinion, i can taste nicotene in nic select but never with chemnovatic nic. Never tried Carolina extracts because they are twice the price of vaperstek’s nic, but i will try it eventually.

2 Likes

They gave me the exact same excuse a year and a half ago.

Completely agree with Ken_O_Where’s assessment!

1 Like

do you use the Nic select or the USA american brand

1 Like

i have to agree with you , i buy their 250ml bottles because i dont like to transfer things , but i keep the bottle out on top of my shelf so it sits out for awhile and i never get any color change or difference in taste …

1 Like

Nic Select. Have you tried the USA brand?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was a bit astonished with that. When I stated my surprise on another forum, they basically called me pedantic and stated that those containers are perfectly fine if you’re not a total dumbass. WTF? Was I spoiled rotten by the glass amber bottle that Carolina Extracts used to ship my nicotine?

2 Likes

I have when i first started diy , its good but i like Nic select better , the first thing i ever bought for diy was the LB starter kit , love their VG and the Nic select a handful of their flavors as well , i only stopped buying their VG and NIc bc Nicotine River is cheaper and they distribute the Nic select to LB i do still buy some flaves though

3 Likes

Both Nude Nicotine and the VapersTek that Bull City used to sell were shipped in the same plastic bottles that Nic River uses. At least the orders that I received. Not saying that you are a total dumbass but I didn’t think anything was wrong with them when I received them.

2 Likes

I’ve had some very bad customer service from Perfect vape. Before my DIY adventures in May of this year, I ordered some pre-mixed juice from them, 2 of the 3, 16oz bottles were rank (bad), I sent them several emails regarding it, and they never replied back. Tried to be nice and professional, and not a single reply.

Of course YMMV, but I’ll never use them again.

2 Likes

After buying some Liquid Barn’s USA something or other and having it taste like an ashtray I posted around another forum to see if anyone had the same experience. The awesome dude over at vaperstek traded me 4 bottles of his most expensive nic 100mg/ml I haven’t had to buy nuclear (lol auto correct) , I mean Nicotine in ages. It’s very clean and probably the only thing I’ll ever use again.

Sorry for replying to you something weird happened lol

2 Likes

IDK, it was a 250ml bottle that stayed in a 70 degree room. I poked a hole in the safety seal with a syringe needle to pull out what I needed into a 30ml PET bottle. It was amber colored already, but I’ve read that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. First few mixes were good, but the Nic continued to darken and became harsh even in the 30ml bottle. I pulled some more from the larger bottle and it was darkened more as well and just as harsh. I didn’t put it in the fridge or freezer as I believe 70 degrees should be fine for a month or 2 of storage.

there’s always one in every group that has a bad experience. I’m just that unlucky one in this instance.

4 Likes

Odd for sure. I would recommend trying them again and upon receiving if something is off you should call. Lots of things could have happened. Exposure too 100 degree truck to all sorts of stuff out of their control.

I will say there was a bit of tinge/Hughe to mine but it went away a month later when I mixed with it again. I attributed to me being menatal or “that’s the color prior to being exposed to oxygen”. Months later pulling my nic out of the freezer my results have been great. And yes, Mine goes into the freezer every time since I mixed once every 2-3 weeks…all in 30 ml bottles.

All in all picking a nic supplier is important. Trust is earned for sure.

4 Likes

You raise a good point @Chrispdx. Shipping conditions could play a large role in the quality of product that is received. I live in SE texas where it could be 85 degrees one day, and 40 the next. hell, sometimes that’s all in one day. I do make it a point to promptly get my mail when I’m expecting an order to arrive, but I can’t control the climate that the mail company exposes the packages to. Especially if they’re loaded into a big 18 wheeler with no climate control.

4 Likes

i know that @Rob62 doesnt even have nicotine shipped until winter months because of the heat where he lives , it is a concern for sure. ,id be willing to send you some nicselect to try again

3 Likes

Yes. :laughing:

3 Likes

Sounds like it was already going bad (for whatever reason). Could have been Temps in the truck while shipping for all I know… At any rate, I would not suggest keeping NR on your blacklist. As others have noted, I feel confident in saying that something went wrong outside of NR’s control. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt they would have made good on it if they had known! They care and they prove it! :wink:

5 Likes

I order plenty from NR. I definitely haven’t written them off. Just was unsure about the mic.

2 Likes

The nic’s all I was referring to (since that’s what the thread was about) :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve been using the 100mg PG based nic from wizardlabs. Always split up my use now and save for later. My use now usually lasts about 3months (250ml) and the save for later (250ml) I keep in a amber Boston round in the freezer (vac sealed) and it’s always been like the day I received it. My use now portion stays in my mix room in the steep cupboard and has never gotten harsh or stale. Temp never goes above 70, if that. Great stuff IMO, sourced in the USA of course.:+1:t2:

2 Likes