Where do you buy your nic from when nicotinewholesalers is shuting down?

Sharp as a knife, OP :wink:

3 Likes

https://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/26523/nicotine-degradation-myths

3 Likes

By the time we run out of nicotine, theyā€™ll have implants we can program to deliver whatever drug we like in whatever dose feels ahhh.

Sure, yeah probably not but wouldnā€™t it be good :smirk:

4 Likes

Whatā€™s this forum all about, SD? I mean the obvious, yes, but are there other important subjects?

OK nevermind, great post on nicotine and itā€™s a UK vape forum that I just didnā€™t know about.

4 Likes

Lol lol. I can so identify. Its a struggle sometimes :grinning:

6 Likes

Rate of degradation.

Nicotine in PG solution is noted to be stable at room temperature (20Ā°C) when exposed to air and (indirect) sunlight for up to 2 months with only a 2.1% drop in concentration.

This indicates that an open container of Nic/PG base at 54mg would degrade to approximately 52.8mg.
An open container of PG e-liquid at 18mg would degrade to approximately 17.5mg.

Similar minimal degradation (2%) is noted to have occurred after storage in a domestic freezer for around 18 months.
(I only have one source for this, numerous others all appear to cite or plagiarise the original).

Various tests carried out at 40-80Ā°C for up to 20 days appear to show no degradation of Nicotine in PG within a sealed container.

Breakdown of the chemical structure of Nicotine is noted to begin at approximately 300Ā°C in an oxidising environment.

(The flavours and aromas associated with any particular mixed e-liquid would be subject to higher rates of degradation in much less severe environments).

PG - Propylene Glycol
VG - Vegetable Glycerin
Vodka - assumed 37% ABV (Cos thatā€™s what I had in me blooming cupboard!)

2 Likes

A UK VAPING FORUMā€¦ HAD NO IDEA! Representing the colonies whoop whoop

River is great, Iā€™ve tried few times to get them to answer what may holds for shipping, theyā€™ve ignored all emailed questions, completely, kinda funnily really.

They did tell me what Iā€™ve accepted, glass bottles are better long term but also kinda wishy washy, I guessed bc if theyā€™re better then theyā€™d have more info on this, long term storage, supplies, wouldnā€™t they sell more of. They could tell us ā€œOK, hereā€™s how to buy and store 20 years of nic baseā€ and theyd be able to do that better.

Iā€™m figuring as my nic degrades itā€™ll be like stepping down in nic, but automatically and without knowing :joy: one day Iā€™ll eventually be vaping pure diluent and not even know it

3 Likes