Which one iPV4-S or the Cube II

I think I’ve mentioned this in another (okay, maybe a bunch of other) thread, but I’m a big fan of these Samsung 25Rs, especially since pairs come with a free case and they’re only $5 each. :smile:

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with the LG or Samsung batteries as long as you’re buying them from reputable sources.

1 Like

That’s the truth! I recently had seen numerous cases of batts/mod exploding in peoples faces and all the other horror stories I briefly mentioned. Di**kheads like this will sure to help the regulation battle…

1 Like

I always try to do a little research as well… then found this:

Illumn PSA: New counterfeit VTC5 batteries self.electronic_cigarettesubmitted 11 months ago by calvinisIllumnHey guys,

I am sad to announce that we have recently been a victim of
counterfeit batteries. Fortunately we caught the problem very early and
released a total of ~130 cells. We have isolated the exact customers
that the batteries have been sent to and if you did not receive an email
you do not have to worry. The counterfeit batteries are limited to
orders shipped on 8/1-8/4. This PSA is to inform
members of the vape community of a new kind of counterfeit battery that
actually performs similarly to VTC5s during initial testing. This is
dangerous because it’s hard to determine their authenticity without
testing equipment and existing data on authentic cells. As far as fakes
come these have been the most realistic with a rewrap of what we highly
suspect to be Samsung 25R cells which are supposed to be 20A continuous
capable cells. While the Samsung 25R is definitely a capable cell we are
unsure of it’s longterm performance and battery longevity if discharged
at 30A instead of 20A.

On Reddit… have to agree with some of the responders… a company that admits it had problems and works on a solution is at least trying to be on the up and up… thx @JoJo just placed my order from them for 4 x 25R’s

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard about this, but it is good to know. Thanks! I hate that this happened, but I’m glad that they’ve done what they can to fix it and hopefully comp people for the counterfeits.

1 Like

I just got my Cube 2 in

So far I love this thing! Keep in mind I have nothing to compare it to besides my eleaf50
That being said holy shit this thing is PACKED full of options!! I’m still in the process of figuring the whole thing out from setting time/date to shortcuts and memory. It’s a bit like going from a 1990s flip phone to a smart phone for the first time

At first I thought the bluetooth/app option was a bit silly but it ended up being pretty nice and convienent for changing some settings

This thing feels solid in my hands! Not clunky by any means and the magnetic battery cover is solid and actually really nice for quick swap outs. I’m not going to lie this thing is huge, especially coming off an eleaf but it’s very comfortable in the hand and I’m really diggin this trigger bar

At first I wasn’t to sure how I felt about the screen being next to the atomizer but after using it, it’s really growing on me. You can flip the screen 180 to make it easier and it’s kinda nice to see the screen as you vape

there’s like 16 memory options on this thing which makes it VERY easy to set your wattage based on all your tanks and easily switch between them instead of holding the “-” down to go from 120w down to 13w

I haven’t tried the TC feature yet, only because I don’t want to swap out my atty at this time but I’ll report back when I have…

Then there’s the LED options…for some this is just a gimmick and for others it will be their mod bling of sorts…

The crown on this mod is phenomenal!! I have finally been able to run this tank at its full capacity and WOW…no spit back or any issues at 100+watts

Although it’s only a couple hours out of the box, these are my cons thus far;

*Its big and heavy - which for me is not a big deal but for others this can be an issue

*It doesn’t appear to be able to charge the batts through the usb/unit itself which for me not having a charger atm kinda sucks - I’ll report back on battery life but there are a lot of options to save on battery drain

*The 100s of options can take some getting used to but after a few hours it becomes a little easier to grasp how the menus work

• the interface can be quite annoying with all the button pressing and menu selections but with the shortcuts it does simplify it a bit

*The led screen is next to the atty - I personally like this option but for some with larger tanks it may cover the screen a little bit? With the crown attached there is about a paper’s width between the screen and the tank
It also takes button top and flat top batts…I know this has been an issue on some mods

All in all I am VERY happy with this purchase and at $60 you cant really go wrong

update
It appears the info in the user manual is slightly different then the actual unit so this may be confusing at first…for example it says in shortcuts press firing bar and “-” together to turn led on/off but in reality its actually firebar and “+” there are a few errors in the manual vs unit like this but not a big deal…
NEVERMIND
I spoke to soon-- When you flip the screen 180 your “+” becomes a “-” so it flips that as well which can also be confusing as you just read hehe

You can set different draw features which is pretty nice! also there is titanium support as well

Stealth mode feature is pretty convenient for extending battery life, although I don’t know if this is a common feature with other mods

I just got my first update via usb and it’s pretty sweet to be able to actually update a mode with new features and options! I can now adjust coefficientcy setting on the mod instead of the app and it also had a few more cool options added!

4 Likes

Enjoy your new toy!

1 Like

Thanks!!

well…until my batteries are dead :frowning:

This time I can’t impulse buy a charger even if I wanted to…I took a risk in hoping I could charger through the unit but it doesn’t appear so…
In the mean time i’m loving it!!

1 Like

I have this one and really like it. This was the best price I could find also. You might look at the i2 or i4 if you’re wanting something a little cheaper.

2 Likes

@JoJo NOOOO stop!!! Haha- eventually I can get one but as for now my vaping budget is in the negative :frowning:
I will bookmark this though, thanks!

2 Likes

Grrrrr…that really is a good price
@JoJo I’m giving my wife your contact info! Lol :wink:

1 Like

ROFL It wasn’t me! The Vape Gods made me do it! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have the i4, it’s alright… I would love one that can charge @ 2A ;D

I should have gotten a new charger when I ordered the batteries the other day, my old chargers weren’t very good.

I have been kinda spoiled with having the eleaf and not having to worry about buying batteries or chargers…just plug it in only once or twice a week before bed and done.
Is it pretty common with the higher grade mods to have to remove the batteries and place on charger? Or can you plug them in via the usb to charge? I’m just curious cause I ASSumed I could just use the cable in the mean time…
Ignorance was bliss;-)

1 Like

well consider me officially full of shit…I just bought one…so much for no impulse buys atm

(btw I have the bill coming to your place ATTN: @jojo vape god’s representative)

2 Likes

LOLOL I think it’s pretty common to use a charger with removable batt mods because the batteries take forever to charge using the USB if the mod even supports it. Charger is quicker and safer (IMO of course).

2 Likes

I was only curious, well I can at least enjoy this thing until the batteries die and then get my charger by monday! Thank god I have a backup mod otherwise I would be up a creek!! This thing has a stealth mode so I can conserve some power…I won’t be using the flashy bling led lights anytime soon though!
Thanks again for your suggestion jo! I’m sure once the batteries died I wouldn’t of been able to hold back anyways, so you are forgiven, j/k :wink:

2 Likes

Well I’m definitely impressed with illumn.com and their service!
I received their shipping notice for my batteries I had ordered on Monday about 3:30pm, right after I made a comment about how I should have ordered a new charger, thought about it for a second and called them on the phone. The person I talked to went back grabbed my order for the batteries and processed a new order including the charger and immediately placed it in that days same outgoing shipping… just arrived here in Missouri from California (I believe) in less than 48 hours.
I wish they sold flavors and tanks, they would be my go to people with that type of service.

4 Likes

I just got my Nitecore D2 in and WOW this thing is a lot bigger than I imagined, not a bad thing at all just envisioned it smaller for some reason.
Anyways thanks for the recommendation again! I’m loving it so far and it looks to be everything I would want in a charger :wink:

1 Like