Which RDA? Recommendations?

Hi All!
I’m in the market for an RDA but being a tank guy I’ve got no idea whats good out there today… I’m wanting it mainly for testing so I’m thinking single coil, but then again, I could use a post-less deck for both single & dual (should I get the urge)…yes?

I found this thread which is pretty old…

In April last year, @MadMike740 recommended the Govad by Vandy Vape… this unit does sound appealing but a lot of advancements have been made since then & I’m wondering what you RDA guys n gals are using - what can you recommend for my purpose? Thanks in advance & cheers

4 Likes

I put single coil in between the post on a velocity style deck but the airflow on most of those RDAs are not exactly designed with that in mind so the vape could probably be better, but I still like vaping on it fine. The 2 RDAs I do it with are the Vaperz Cloud Nuevo and the CCI Archon that I bought the 2 post deck for separately. Those are definitely not the newest RDAs out there. Just that it is possible to put a coil in the center with the right deck, even if it is not postless. Chances are that newer might not always be better too.

Someone with more gear experience will probably have something better in mind.

I only have a few RDAs and kinda don’t like the only one that I bought because it had good reviews. The Sapor by Wotofo. No way to do a single coil in it and it Snaps wires like crazy! But I think I paid $11for it. Lol

2 Likes

Just looked at the Govad and that looks great though. It looks like it can take 10 minutes off my coil installation and adjustment time. Haha

2 Likes

Once upon a time I had a Velocity clone that I built with a single coil as you described (- I forgot about that) however it was complete crap so I tossed it. Good thought tho…worth considering. Thx @Bugalien .

2 Likes

A lot of people use a Wasp Nano for flavor testing. Pretty simple to build on and $15-23.

2 Likes

Yeah… they look good - 20 bucks over here in Oz :+1:

2 Likes

I think the second version actually looks great too. I like tiny RDAs best. Does anyone know if the full resin top degrades any over time with the heat?

1 Like

Call out to @louiesquared

1 Like

smaller chamber rdas are great for flavor and i prefer them but if i may warn you that u may not go back to a tank. It depends on the style of the tank too but a great mix in the rda might appear weak in your tank. Sry, if i gave u more to think about but there are tons of options available.

4 Likes

Maybe the dead rabbit or the bonza - i think both could be run as a single

5 Likes

The DR was another I thought about.

1 Like

Stands to reason - the vapour has less far to travel. For this reason, would an RDA with a larger chamber …ie a larger (24-25 plus mm) atty be a better bet?

yes the DR would work as a single… the Bonza appears to be dual

One i would recommend as a Single coil RDA is the DPRO RDA by Coilart. But i would get it with the Ultem top cap and not the aluminum one.

I use it with dual coils and i really like the good flavor i get out of it, but i know others like @mjag like it a lot with single coil and both he and i have done reviews on that RDA.
Check them out and also other reviewers take on it.

1 Like

Bonza you can put one coil in and shut down the airflow on one side

2 Likes

it was on the tip of my tongue, harder to recall things as the days go by.:cry:

1 Like

Yep… this looks like a good’n. Good review too @Norseman! Thx :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. If you get one i would like to know what you think about it and i think @mjag would like to know as well.

1 Like

Oh yeah… of course. another good’n …designed by a bogan

1 Like

The only thing that could possibly deter me about this atty is the restricted airflow - there was a time I loved the AF tighter but these days I’m lovin’ the the airiness of my supreme v2 & would be looking for something vaguely kinda sorta in that ball park. That said, if I get one,which is still quite possible despite the AF (damn…I might have to get 2 RDA’s), I’ll gladly share my thoughts

2 Likes