Why do people refer to single coil as "Flavor" attys?

It’s called a molly vest, you don’t want to wear one. If you are wearing one your probably not having any fun.

10 Likes

I probably should have reread what I posted. I meant both Steam Crave RDTAs are dual coil. The Aromamizer Supreme is dual vertical.
Sorry for any misunderstanding :raised_hand:

7 Likes

I am with you letitia i am exclusively single coil now i usually use framed fish braid coils at around .13 ohm personal preference i guess but i find this gives me max flavour and a quick ramp up with most of the low end rda’s that i have. Every now and then ill put some duel fused claptons or alians in and there ok but i always end up back on my single braid if duel gets you max flavour stick with it i say.

7 Likes

My go to is a 3mm 6 wrap ss tri core fc. Do play around with other builds but always go back to these eventually.

4 Likes

I have one single coil atty The Recurve, and to me it is not all that great of a flavor atty I mean it’s ok but it can’t touch the flavor that I get from The Drop (dual coil) I would never buy another single coil atty agai

6 Likes

This is my point exactly. I started at 1+ ohm and went lower and lower. I don’t know where people get there is better flavor out of one coil @ 0.5 than a dual coil @ 0.07 or 0.25 on a series…lol
I now use salt nic on single coil. … Believe me the same recipe taste better with dual coil any 8 times more power!!

3 Likes

The original post and this makes me think that you are seeking someone to oppose, disagree or argue with you about it. You will be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum that will do that. Everyone here is easy going and wayyyy too laid back for all that.

Take into consideration that there are many folks out there that prefer a MTL style vape and that their conversations revolve around single coil flavor attys. Dual coil serves very little purpose to them in most cases. So they talk about flavorful single coils. It’s kinda like their thing.

Several people on this thread talked about smaller chamber size, convience, battery life. Others talked about dual coils with big flavorful fluffy clouds. And I have found the most flavorful atty was one with 4 coils.

At the the end of the day it comes down to one thing, does it keep you from smoking? If it does then the rest is a moot point.

13 Likes

There is this new 51mm atty with 8 coils. I bet it has some wicked flavor :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The Colorado by Vapergate. I’ve seen a few people on IG with it.

8 Likes

yup that one :slight_smile:

Definitely goes great with this mod:

5 Likes

This guy had defcon13 build him a squonker for it. A 51mm squonk atty.

7 Likes

Uh…over kill much?

6 Likes

Right?

There seems to be a market for it though. I look at it and just say “why?”.

8 Likes

6 Likes

I agree with the dual coil flavor experience myself and any Aromamizer I have tried always pushed flavor to high standards for me. Although a handful of single coil devices have really surprised me the past year or so.Especially the Asmodus C4 RDA I got over the summer. I am still using it frequently on an old copper Manhatten mech mod using the same coil that came with it. It works perfect on that mod and the flavor is right there with dual coil and I don’t see how it just does.

7 Likes

There’s a house payment or 3 LOL.

4 Likes

Honestly, I prefer a single coil for the dripper I’m using as my tester (Dead Rabbit 24mm). I find I get good flavor out of it on a single coil but the biggest selling point is ease of use.

It’s easier to vape the wick “dry” with just a single wick. Or worst case, can’t get rid of that super citrus mix? Well you’re only out half the cotton. Yeah… cotton isn’t expensive, but if it gets the job done then why waste the extra dough?

I’m also the guy that trims his cotton just so… to not produce too much waste. It kills me to see the Youtube reviews wick up a coil with Firebolt and cut 2 inches off each side lol.

5 Likes

I think most that say that singles aren’t flavor atty’s haven’t really worked with one of the new generation. I started with a Kayfun V2 and went to dual’s because the flavor was better. Now I’m back to singles. Started using Ammit’s and they are every bit as good, and better than some, as any other tank I have. Just got a Mjolnir on a whim and it’s just as good as my best dual RDA’s. I do miss my poor Magma though.

I would say the reason would be that the smaller the condensing chamber the better the flavor. You get a smaller chamber with a single.

4 Likes