Wicking with rayon

So @R113 got me hooked on rayon, I would highly recommend it to anyone who builds.
The rayon I get is celucotton. I get it on Amazon cheap.

First I pull out a piece like so

and cut it off

Then I open it up, flatten it out.

Then I cut, tear off about what I need

Then I roll it up and twist the tip.

Then wick like normal but a little more snug than cotton as rayon shrinks just a bit when it gets soaked in juice

Trim and tuck as usual with your particular atty. Wet in they usual way and enjoy!

16 Likes

Welcome to the Rayonatti!

5 Likes

I like rayon. I should buy it in bulk, but I get it from a guy on ebay and he includes “straight outta cotton” stickers. LOL I’m a sucker for stickers.

5 Likes

Dude how many stickers you need?

3 Likes

I don’t “need” them. I just like 'em. I used order stuff from Vaporbeast cuz their stickers were the coolest. Haven’t got any from them in a while.

4 Likes

Got some on the way also from ebay, couldn’t find an other source here in europe. So if anyone has a suggestion for a cheap source this side of the pond let me know, just in case i like it.

3 Likes

I got the same box from Amazon. Forgot how much I paid but it was fairly inexpensive. 2 years later and I still haven’t run out.

4 Likes

I vape a lot, and run a bunch of different attys, let’s see if mine makes it a year.

3 Likes

I know @Steampugs got some of the same brand awhile back but he got cotton - he is in the uk maybe the same place stocks the rayon?

3 Likes

Wow that’s surprising! Have you looked at beauty supply stores there?

2 Likes

http://www.houseofbeautyworld.com/swbeco40ft.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=swbeco40ft&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxemyp5-X1gIV0VqGCh0SswjAEAQYASABEgJut_D_BwE
$4.95

2 Likes

I got one of the humongous boxes shipped to Australia - the shipping cost me about $50 but it is still a lifetime of rayon for I think it worked out at about $65.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s a lot of rayon!

2 Likes

Ya 500 ft lol will last me for a little while yet.

3 Likes

The main problem is the material i guess. Something similar is readely available here but you won’t find it as 100% rayon. It either is cotton or viscose, would 100% viscose be the right stuff?

3 Likes

In Europe, though, the fabric itself became known as “viscose”, which has been ruled an acceptable alternative term for rayon by the U.S.
I believe it is the same material we just have a different name for it.

2 Likes

Well i’ll be doing a side by side test then in a couple of weeks. If it is the same thing i would be paying about 12 Dollars US for 1kg (about 2.2 lbs).

2 Likes

That sounds like a much better deal. In Europe it was named after the manufacturing process while in the us it was named after the final product. From what I read.

2 Likes

Well i’ll let ELR know my findings, cause i think alot of europeans are ordering cellucotton from the US or just gave up and stuck to cotton.

And 12 Dollars (shipping included) isn’t a risk. Worst that can happen is my wife has to use it for removing here make up, in which case i think the 2.2 lbs will out live her (she isn’t into make-up, thank god she is a natural beauty)

4 Likes

Yes please let us know, I found the info in a Wikipedia page, if I put that name in the us google it comes up with rayon, natural beauty is the best kind!

3 Likes