With Flavor Bans Let's create Flavors Around Tobacco

Funny ( not funny haha )how the mint / menthol is one of the most popular flavors when it comes to juul flavors and thats one they are keeping around smfh … These idiots making decisions dint have a clue

Note: Its not even the flavors that makes kids want to vape a juul its the 50mg/ml nicotine content

5 Likes

The whole idea is to start with am unflavored base and adding any water soluble flavor you like. The combinations are endless.
Take the idea of starting with a tobacco e liquid and start thinking out of the box. You can take a tobacco and add to chang the flavor. A tobacco will taste like a tobacco and that’s a good thing.
Keep asking questions that’s how we learn.
Watch, read, mix, ask questions.

2 Likes

You do realize the governor that banned vaping flavors in Michigan is a Democrat… right?

2 Likes

Thanks Raven. That was exactly what I was trying to express after a very long day and night LOL. If they are ONLY allowed to buy tobacco flavored eliquid from their stores in Michigan, what flavor concentrates could they purchase and add into that base form. To be very precise, let’s say I bought a 30 ml bottle of Cowboy pre-made e-liquid. I wanted to pick up some flavors from say capella or FA and mask that flavor because I hate tobacco flavored e-liquid but don’t want to really mix my own liquid, just add enhancement flavors. Heck I think I just confused myself trying to explain what I was asking LOL

3 Likes

Now I know at one time that Real Flavors was selling or was going to sell drops of flavor you could add to a pre-existing mix to enhance it (caramel, custard, fruit, etc) so it’s possible to do.

2 Likes

Try it, I guess ? Nobody knows what works for you (other than your own impressions). I started out in vaping with (way too much) Vapage “Classic Tobacco” e-juice. Had to dilute it by a factor of at least 5 - because it definitely bothered my lungs, causing troubling congestion. Tried (with some success) to recover a tobacco related taste using real NETs (something that it sounds like you probably would not want to have to deal with, since you don’t want to create your own liquid mixes). Thing is, though, once one starts messing around with the ingredients, one essentially is in fact creating their own liquid mixes. One might be lucky to find things that can be successfully added-on - and it might possibly be the case that (having added more quantity in the way of flavorings), some increased dilution (by adding Nicotine, PG, VG) would become desirable/necessary.

Taste/smell seems to be highly subjective (and even then, variable). Thus, others may opine that this/this tastes “great” (to them) - but those shoes might not fit one’s personal impressions. Even one’s own impressions vary over time (and things like time of day). These variations can easily fool one - unless they sample a given mix over time (at different times of their day). Eventually, one can “bio-average” impressions

Restrictions such as Michigan’s would seem to be situations that might encourage people to make NETs from available tobacco (in many cases, having some “flavor casings” on the leaves). It’s a bit more work (and more patience in waiting) required, relative to mixing-up acquired liquids - but possibly tastier than making “synthetic soups”. The ability to acquire Nicotine itself (to add) may (possibly) become a barrier. Despite the extra time/effort required, I myself do not regret switching from synthetic chemicals to NETs (Virginia/Perique/Cavendish blends). Inhaling various and sundry foodstuff flavors has no appeal (for me).

3 Likes

Issue is, if someone is buying a tobacco eliquid… they wont want to get into diy…

on a side note: I wonder how big Tobacco feels on the ban… eh… probably nothing at all.

diy flavors are not banned… but not many really want to mix. This situation might create an interest in mixing, but lets face it, diy is around 10% of the actual vaping market. It is what got us into this mess too. There will be big changes coming along… I hope we are all strong enough to ride this vape storm out.

4 Likes

… an “autocrat”. By definition, autocrats don’t (necessarily) need a political party full of faithful weenies. All that they have to accomplish is to manage to [in some place(s), for a time(s)] “manufacture consent” via real as well as rhetorical gendarmes manifesting in the various manners and forms of “agents/agencies of fear”.

The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it.
-Adolf Hitler

2 Likes

Alteria the makers of Marlboro in the US owns 35 percent share of JUUL. A investment of 8.5 billion dollars. They have an option to purchase up to 51 percent.

2 Likes

Yes they do… Alteria has closed systems going, not sure for public or not… yet.

2 Likes

Not any more. They abandoned their own product. They do have the rights to sell IQOS products from FDA approved Phillip Morris. Will soon be mute point. PM and MO are in merger talks. Sure pissed off Gottlieb when MO told the FDA they abanadoned their own product bought into JUUL. One month later Gottlieb quit the FDA and took a seat on the board of Pfiser the makers of Chantix. My tinfoil hat has made a relation of Gottlieb declaration of we have a epdemic. No proof but it is a $125000 a year thank you.

2 Likes

Some in-depth analysis, and some speculations as to possible consequences of the deal (BMJ, 2019):
Altria-Juul Labs deal: why did it occur and what does it mean for the US nicotine delivery product market

2 Likes

Did you get to see the closed system? lol…
someone will score high with it, if they traded it out to others…

2 Likes

Nope! It was part of the JUUL deal not to bring to market. The Mark10 did not sell well. Never even saw it on the shelf when I was smoking.

2 Likes

its all over down here in the South… dunno (Mark10) but there was yet another device beside the Mark10, as I saw a couple prototypes. a few won’t be allowed as they were open ends… but there was a closed tank system that was pretty awesome. If it ever does pop out…

2 Likes