Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

I ended up ordering the Boysenberry Raspberry and Sour Blue Raspberry. Can’t wait to try them both.

3 Likes

I wonder if adding some lime would help give it more of a pucker ( sour ) note ? Just enough to enhance it …

6 Likes

It might. I did add 1 drop of LA Tart and Sour per every 10ml and it did enhance it a smidge. But I really liked it by itself as well, it’s a good one.

4 Likes

Wonder Flavors Starfruit SC

Flavor Description from Manufacturer:

A unique fruit flavour that can be described as a combination of apple, pear, grape, and citrus family fruits. Starfruit is hugely popular in Southeast Asia, and has a growing popularity in southern United States.

Manufacturer suggested dilution ratio: 1-4%

Percentage Used: 3%

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 5 days

Aroma: Starfruit, sweet

Flavor Description: This is a sweet and rich tropical fruit - as starfruit is- of quite some strength, kind of right at 2-3 % to me.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 2/10

Pairings: Obviously the first thought is fruit, especially tropical, like mango, and grape. For sure it is a good pairing to bring this other flavors to shine without being present as an own flavor note using a percentage of 0.25-0.75%.

Notes: Overall it is a very nice flavor and its ability to support other fruits is something I enjoy. I vaped it all day and I love it. It goes in many of my fruit mixes at the moment and is one of my personal favorites.

9 Likes

Nice @SteveTC, I like your pairings, and notes. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to @wllmc, and @BullCityFlavors, the WF SFT will continue with 21 NEW Wonder Flavors !!!

13 Likes

Thanks again out to @wllmc, and @BullCityFlavors who were kind enough to ship these out for testing. Mixing all up tonight. Short steep, then testing !!!

Aged Bourbon Cream (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Apple Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Bread (Banana Nut) (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Bread (Butter Toast)(SC) (WF) 3.5%
Bread (Sweet) (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Buttermilk (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Citrus Drink (Five Fruits) (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Citrus Gummy Slices (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Corn Powder(SC) (WF) 3.5%
Crumble Topping (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Egg Yolk (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Grape (Juice) (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Kumquat (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Philadelphia Buttercake (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Pineapple (Baked)(SC) (WF) 3.5%
Portuguesse Egg Tart(SC) (WF) 3.5%
Raspberry Jelly Bean (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Southern Sweet Tea (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Stevia (WF) 2.0%
Sugar Cookie (SC) (WF) 3.5%
Tropical Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3.5%

14 Likes

Aged Bourbon Cream (WF) 3.5% (7-24-20) – 1st one, in the 2nd batch. Having tried a few Bourbon Creams, I do know that vaping liquors typically isn’t my preferred vape, but maybe they ARE yours. Out of the gate, the Bourbon element was very good and forward, with a creamy backend. It was harder to pick out the cream as the bourbon was front, and center stage, but you got the most of it, on the finish. Lower on the sweetness scale, and it presented at close to 60% bourbon 40% cream. Wonder Flavors lists this as a SC (Super Concentrate), but in no way felt too high at 3.5%. Nothing off-putting, or out of place, and was nicely strong at this rate. Your tastes may vary depending on your vaping liquor thresholds, but I would have liked 20% more cream, to balance it out for my tastes, BUT, that’s my take on it. It is what it claims, and does it pretty well. All in, leaving this one at 7/10.

10 Likes

How would you compare it with RF (if you have that one)? Thx for great reviews!

5 Likes

As if @Mikser. :slight_smile:

I think I lean more towards the older RF SC ABC.

You are very welcome Sir.

8 Likes

Apple Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-24-20) – An apple a day, … Not being a huge apple vaper, I’m always curious as to the next apple flavor, just to see if it can really WIN me over. This one presented as an almost perfect halving between a green apple, and a gummy candy, literally 50/50. Now, I found myself wanting MORE of the Apple, and continued vaping didn’t really increase it to my tastes. Because the apple was roughly even with the gummy candy profile, it was harder to pick out exactly what type, i.e. Green, Red, medley, etc., but with the slight tarty punch I was getting, I’ll go with a Green Apple. The gummy candy portion was actually quite good, and was convincing. Sweetness was about mid level, and there were distinct tarty notes in there that helped round it out, after the gummy candy mid section. Continuing through the tank I became convinced if you really wanted to showcase this as an Apple, you will have to bolster it with another apple or two. At 3.5%, is appeared somewhat laid back, but not dis-jointed. No real take-offs, but for the lower than expected apple notes. Good vape, but needs some help to make it pop. Continued vaping revealed a little more bright notes on the finish, which added to the sour aspect of it. Taking off for the reduced apple only at 6.5/10.

10 Likes

Bread (Banana Nut) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-24-20) – This one turned out to be somewhat hard to quantify. Smelling it in the tank, smelled pretty on target, but vaping it lessened the overall effect. The banana while good, was much more present when smelling, than vaping. The nut and bread were fairly jumbled in the vape, with some discernible bakery element(s) but did not overly present as bread, or nut. It actually pulled pretty good as a creamy banana with some bakery. Didn’t pick up any spices, or off-notes, and was very present at this testing weight. This one just seemed to loose somewhat in translation when vaping. Not terrible, not stellar, but overall good. If it vaped like it smelled, it would have been a 9.75/10, but as vaped, will leave at 6.25/10.

9 Likes

@SessionDrummer Great notes again, as if it’s not expected :star_struck:
I actually mixed up some SF on 9 of the new ones a few days ago. Mostly done at 2%, except Egg Yolk and Buttermilk at 1%.
Plan to test them properly this weekend, had a few sneaky tastes.
If you’re going in alphabetical order? You need to get to “P” :rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you very much @marsh8. Maybe I should skip to the P’s !!!

4 Likes

Philadelphia Buttercake (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-24-20) – Ahhh the irony, I live close to Phila, and travel there often for work, and have NEVER had a Philly Buttercake. Maybe I should, because this flavor did start to pull back into my wheelhouse. A rich, buttery bakery is about the deal with this one. The butter which was fairly present, didn’t taste like CAP’s GB, but was still quite good. The richness could be had throughout the vape. The cake aspect (more of a bakery) evenly rounded out the remainder of the vape. It wasn’t overly complex to my tastes, but still good none the less. Sweetness was lower than expected, especially for a cake flavor. You could start to feel the richness as soon as you started to draw, and it just continued all the way to the end. I didn’t get any overwhelming notes from the cake/bakery, maybe a smidge of vanilla, but it was fairly nondescript. Overall, this one worked really well as a butter centric bakery. 8.25/10.

10 Likes

Portuguesse Egg Tart(SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-24-20) – I’ll let you guys in on something. When you test as much as I do, sometimes, you’re like, bleh, more testing ?? Another Tart ?? Hehe, you get the idea. I actually looked up the recipe(s) for PET, and found MANY variations, with the main two containing either Lemon, or Cinnamon. This one from Wonder Flavors is the Lemon variant, and it was actually quite REFRESHING. Gone were my fears of “Another tart”. My first impressions were “Wow, this is punchy, and I think I am getting some egg/custard in there”. Is it in the ballpark with FA’s Custard ?? Kind of. The lemon def. punched through the entire flavor, with a slightly eggy custard rounding out the middle, with maybe some bakery on the low end. Sweetness was again, lower than expected leaving this easy to vape. It sounds simple, right, lemon, egg/custard/bakery, but beyond the sum of it’s parts, it tasted fairly unique and that is becoming harder to come by for me. Continued vaping revealed nothing funky, but just a really clean, and unique “Lemon Tart”-ish flavor. Well worth the investment, just for the unique overall profile. 9.15/10.

10 Likes

Nice reviews, I am about to mix up the Philadelphia butter cake sounds like it might be useful if it could be added to MB Classic Belgian Waffle. I will have to try it and see if my thoughts are on the right track,

5 Likes

Thank you very much @lukeloop. The hardest thing for me was trying to convey the butter aspect. It wasn’t as in your face, and literal as CAP’s Golden Butter, but it was still there. Pairing with CBW is a very interesting idea.

2 Likes

Pineapple (Baked)(SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-25-20) – At first vape, this one rather SHOCKED me. Was I getting something like FA Honey in here ?? !!! Continued vaping allowed that “honey” note that I kept getting to subside for the most part, but at first it was a little jarring. I’ve yet to find any Pineapple that will knock my current champion of it’s perch, and this one probably won’t as well. This one portrayed an almost darker pineapple, and I know what they were going for here, not caramelized, but “baked”. It had far more mid, and darker tones than say a bright, punchy pineapple, and did present as somewhat syrupy, which is in keeping with a BP. It wasn’t completely devoid of any high, punchy notes, there was just very few OF them. Sweetness was mid level, and it felt nice and full at this weight. Now although my initial, “OMG, is there FA Honey in here” subsided, I never really lost it totally in this while testing, so YOUR mileage may vary. I’d be curious to hear if anyone else picks/ed up that note. Not enough to destroy the flavor, but for myself, I couldn’t shake it. Only markdown would be for my perceived off note(s) similar to an almost honey. You should decide for yourselves. The overall vape was a pretty good BP. 7/10.

7 Likes

I get honey as well, not overpowering but it’s there and I just can’t shake even it’s minor presence.
Not that it wrecks the flavour, just wasn’t expecting honey.

8 Likes