Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes

@MysticRose NOTHING could be FURTHER from the case. I really enjoy your tasting notes, perspective, and how you write them up. You do you, because I’m loving it.

7 Likes

You’re doing MORE %'age testers than I do, and that IS the best way to REALLY get to know flavors. I got trapped into my own trap by doing soo many of them, that I find a happy median and roll with it.

You bring up a VERY good point @MysticRose regarding where people are in their journey, and not wanting to mislead anyone. I struggle with that EVERY test that I do. I contemplated offering possible pairings, non-pairings, uses, but that drives even further down into the hole, that could be personal preference. I finally settled on giving honest, true, first, and thorough reactions. Hoping that others shared the same palate.

LOVE your write ups, and you CAN’T do too many for me Rose.

8 Likes

@MysticRose I don’t see anything for Bickford. Maybe (someone) could start one.

:open_mouth:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

LOL…nothing like turning it around on me. You got me :wink:

I have been chain vaping their creamsicle for the last couple days. With an occasional break with their strawberry shortcake. I’m coming off my 8th bone marrow biopsy this afternoon…but I’ll see what I can do :smiley:

8 Likes

I love to flip the script on you @MysticRose. I hope you are doing well after your treatment(s)…
And, will keep you in our prayers…

11 Likes

@SessionDrummer, You are really Killin’ It on all of these reviews on flavors, with the lines of Wonder,River, and so many I have seen here, I am have caught the bug about 5 yrs ago so I have been though a lot of Flavors. When I see one you review, of one I have tested and use/used myself, I often have to read it to see the similar thoughts over the said flavor are usually very much the same, Having spent alot of time with all of the usual buy by the liter flavors, It is great to see some of the newer flavors get a review. Always a great anticipation to get some new ones to check out, and you are making it way to easy. But just wanted to thank you and @MysticRose, I remember some of the first Nicotine River orders I placed I use to read your reviews to help me decide so many of the NR and Pur flavors ordered. Hats off to you both and many others here that share their flavor notes.

11 Likes

He’s a great high shear candidate.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @nicomanteno, that means a lot.

4 Likes

Thank you @anon70102222.

3 Likes

Wonder Flavors Coconut Custard

Flavor Description from Manufacturer: Jazz up your desserts and anything else that you’ll be mixing with a taste of tropical paradise! The blend of the creamy custard goodness and coconut with a sweet undertone of vanilla is versatile and compliments a variety of desserts!

Manufacturer suggested dilution ratio: 1-4%.

Percentage Used: 4%

Equipment Used: Innokin Ajax 0.16ohm AJAX Plex3D Coil at 50W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 7 Days

Aroma: Coconut, sweet cream, vanilla.

Flavor Description: This is a very smooth and rich coconut cream of medium strength, kind of right in the middle at 4% to me. It falls into the sweetened coconut category, very similiar to the baking sweetened coconut mixed with a bit of vanilla. Mostly authentic, it does have a very slight hint of artificial flavor as well in the very back. The body is a nice thick cream, but doesn’t reach pudding nor custard in mouth feel or flavor. It’s good, just not custard. I do think it would be quite good in mixes.

Off Flavors: None

Throat Hit: 1/10

Pairings: Well, obviously the first thought is fruit, especially tropical and pineapple. Probably a good cream for help in smoothies or shakes. Would also help soften sharp edges on some of the more harsh flavorings.

Notes: Overall it is a very nice flavor. I vaped it all day and had no issues. There is nothing that really makes it stand out in any direction to me other than it has a hint of vanilla as well, not strong enough to stand up against other flavors when using though, you would still probably want to boost with some other vanilla. I do have many other coconuts I would reach for before this one. Even as a smoothing agent I would us FA before this. It’s not bad, it’s just average or ok. Maybe this turns magical with a longer steep, some custards do really need that. I will update if I find a big difference at a 30 day steep.

11 Likes

Very nice and accurate write up @MysticRose.

5 Likes

Hi there has anyone tried Blueberry Smoothie - Wonder Flavours i don’t rate it as a standalone could anyone suggest anything else as i do get a blueberry but no milky yoghurt creamy notes i do pick up a chemical taste any help would be great please

4 Likes

As far as WF goes, I’ve been really enjoying Blueberry Jam SC.

6 Likes

I also have that came the other day i like it better than cap blueberry jam

6 Likes

Do you mix that single flavour what percent works best for you

3 Likes

No single flavor, it’s my bakery go to blueberry.

5 Likes

I’ll back you up on the BBJam.

6 Likes

I add mine to my custard recipe and its perfect!

6 Likes

I ended up ordering the Boysenberry Raspberry and Sour Blue Raspberry. Can’t wait to try them both.

3 Likes

I wonder if adding some lime would help give it more of a pucker ( sour ) note ? Just enough to enhance it …

6 Likes