Wotofo Profile Unity RTA review by Mjag

It easier to wick like this

My bunny ear wick with rayon =)

7 Likes

Thanks bud!

@RexRabbit is that rayon? I have always wanted to try it out but never got around to it. Do you trim it down more or is all that wick going into the wicking slots? That looks like a ton but I know you have to use more rayon as it doesn’t swell like cotton.

Edit: whoops, you say it is rayon in your post at the end…hahaha, should read the whole post before posting

Edit again: that’s the RDA in the pic, do you have the RTA and have tried rayon in it?

3 Likes

I use rayon in everything mate RTA, RDA it is no issue - you do have to stuff the coil pretty tight and trim the tails nicely - just a little more than cotton.

5 Likes

Kool, I have a couple friends I can split the 50lb box with that only costs $12 :laughing: I know a local place I can pick some of that same 44130 rayon at, gotta finally break down and do it if it is all you use

4 Likes

That’s it trimmed. No, I’m quite content to squonk the RDA. I have a friend that’s getting one though.
All I use is rayon as well…don’t dry hit it you’ll crap your pants and pass out it tastes so bad.
Get some of the next mesh for that RTA its ten times better than the stuff they give you in the box!

4 Likes

I have the Nexmesh and they include it with the RTA now instead of there own mesh. I am hooked on the Vandy Vape SS316L 200 mesh though

5 Likes

What’s the 200 look like compared to the next mesh?

3 Likes

Here is a pic of the 200 VV next to the nexMESH

There both good but I get a tastier vape with the 200 but mostly in TC, haven’t compared side by side in power mode only.

7 Likes

Wow, I have to try some of that looks awesome is it ss?

3 Likes

Just a couple posts prior… :wink:

4 Likes

Opps =)

Stock WOTOFO on the left OFRF on the right. Neither says what they are I’m assuming SS.

4 Likes

The Wotofo and nexMESH are not SS, can’t remember off hand but I think kanthal.

The VV 200 SS does work in TC but a little off from a standard coil, I usually run it at a lower temp than a standard SS316L coil.

The VV mesh is cheap too, I bought the 3 15ft spools I have for something like $3.50 a spool. Bought the 150, 200 and 300 for the Vandy Vape mesh RTA which sucked, thought I would be stuck with them until the Profile RDA came out.

7 Likes

Look on the package that the mesh is in… Mine says A1…which is a designation of Kanthal…

5 Likes

I ordered that rta from wotofo week ago, haven’t received yet, but can’t wait to tray mesh I’ll my frist mesh

3 Likes

I cannot wait to receive mine. I really want to believe that this is a changer in flavor. We will see.

3 Likes

@Artur18 and @Skullblade789 would definitely like to hear what you both think. I have found with the Profile RDA some people love it and others are meh about it, the RTA is so new so wondering if it will be the same reaction. I do know that wicking can make or break the experience when it comes to mesh, much more critical than normal coil tanks.

I did have one friend that tried my Profile RTA and he was meh about it, he buys almost everything but is passing on the Profile RTA. Not surprised by that as his main setup it usually a dual coil with Aliens and the Profile was too different for his liking.

@Flavor_Alchemist thanks for confirming it is kanthal.

5 Likes

Of course I will let you know what I think about it. Going to review it as well. I want to do a side by side comparison with the RDA and the RDTA. Just to get the over all gist of it. I have noticed that on some battery devices that mesh falls flat. Not the case where mechs are involved though. Mechs can actually make the mesh better in my opinion. I will see though. Also going to test different meshes. I have the VV mesh. I am also getting the OFRF mesh to do some comparisons. So all in all I will try to get this one to work come hell or high water.

5 Likes

I let you know once wotofo send me one, ordered 5 days ago still waiting to be shipped, then probably month to arrive

3 Likes

My friend got his this weekend. He says he is having dry hit issues. I told him to try rayon as it wicks better than cotton. I gave him some rayon to test…results pending his report back to me.

4 Likes

I agree, I bought a gold Profile RDA and put it on the Asmodus Pumper 21 and the pair works so damn good. With the VV 200 it comes in at about 0.16 ohms so puts out fire with a fresh battery but oh so tasty. Looking forward to your reviews brother!

@Artur18 hope they send it epacket, that should take about 10 days once it ships.

@RexRabbit if your friend is using the supplied cotton that comes in the package then no surprise, it is too thick. When I removed that wick the cotton was compressed so bad it felt like a brick of cotton. It is a night and day difference vaping on the Profile RTA with a good and bad wick job, much more so than a standard coil rebuildable.

6 Likes