Wotofo's *Overhyped* Profile RDA - Review by eStorm

I’m in Israel guys, would have cost me more to send it than it would cost you to buy it.

9 Likes

One day you’ll be able to just add PG VG and a special liquid to your USB mod… and download a flavor profile and nic level and the chip/laser or whatever will convert it on the fly for you.

6 Likes

Ahem,

You are not the only Israeli here :smiley:

10 Likes

Great review @eStorm. I’ve never had great luck with mesh, but, I’ve not tried more than a few. Like the looks, love the pound of cotton that goes in it, but I’m still on the fence.

3 Likes

I’ve got it in my head that the next iteration would be a spring loaded tensioner that had the same arc that the mesh has so that a thin layer of cotton could be placed between the two allowing the ends of the strip of cotton to access e-juice. Basically following the structure of sub-ohm manufactured coils but with 180° coverage instead of 360° coverage of cotton.

4 Likes

Well done! Thank you for the good read…

4 Likes

@eStorm

Well u and ur husband have a look see… Tell me if MY picture short circuits ur brain and makes the bottles disappear so all you see is the plate mat.

3 Likes

Great thorough review!

I personally happen to love the Profile RDA, bought a second and have been using it everyday. I can definitely see how it might not fit everyone’s style of vaping though, it is a dry vape (not as much after you just drip of squonk though) so if that is not your thing then you should pass on it.

I would strongly suggest trying the wicking technique @Jim22 posted, that makes a difference and when I first tried the amount you showed in your review I was not happy.

Either way I appreciate your honesty and the time it took to make this review :+1:

10 Likes

Just wanted to jump back in and share thoughts about this since I’ve received one now.

My experience with the Profile RDA is pretty much in-line with @natbone’s, with a few exceptions…I’ve not had a chance to use SS mesh yet but have it on order. The kanthal mesh does well and ramp speed is lightening fast on the Pulse X! Although after getting a few dry hits I had to lay down for awhile. Now, I’ve been a vaper since 2014 so I’ve had my fair share of dry hits. Hence my switch to TC.

Trust me when I say the Profile’s was THE most wretched, god-awful fucking dry hit experience I’ve EVER had!! Not having ever squonked before I’ve learned that I need to be real vigilant and timely about squeezing that bottle because I’ve actually become paranoid about firing this RDA now!

As for leaking, yes it does. Especially if you remove the top cap for a visual inspection. Because as soon as it’s put back on the accumulated condensation dribbles out of the air holes and down the outside of the barrel. In all fairness though this might be attributed to over squeezing and squonk-newbie syndrome.

On a positive note…the Profile needs special care in the setup and dialing-in process. No way around that. But once it is and you take that first hit, the flavor and the clouds are just stupidly amazing! Ahhh…that’s love! And for the second hit? Then my paranoia sets in! (squeeze, squeeze) :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’ve been using Rayon exclusively in it with 200 SS mesh. Working with Rayon is a bit trickier than cotton, imo. I’ve found that if I thin the tails too much I get non-stop popping. If they’re too thick, the flavor is muted. I think I can now get the sweet spot consistently and the flavor is fantastic.

2 Likes

I have had som dry hits with rayon and they are the worst. I can’t imagine a dry hit with this RDA wicked with rayon.

5 Likes

I just broke out my Rayon stash and re-wicked a minute ago. Watched a YouTube wicking video again and there was something I missed before. I noticed they press down on the springy deck (with tweezers or that tool, whatever is handy) as the wicking is being fed through, then it’s released pushing the wicking up against the mesh.

We shall see…

I hear that! The muji cotton was bad enough! No, not bad–HORRIBLE!

5 Likes

It hurts and then you need a spitoon.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s how I do it. I’ve been cutting the SS mesh to the same size as the Kanthal coils. I’ve found when using Sally’s Rayon that it isn’t thick enough. I have to add a strip. I’d say it’s about 15-20% more. I twist it to compress then put it in. It untwists easily back to its original form. Once i get enough of it through the coil to grab on to, I pull it through while pulling down on the deck and it works well.

1 Like

cotton? rayon? what wrong w/ u heathens?

2 Likes

Hey Tin!
Check this out:

I think wormy’s still using Llama hair! :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

Dadnabit! Wish I’d have stumbled over your review before I ordered mine… Hot hot vape is not at all my thing, not to mention the flavor muting. Praying I have a solid experience. Thanks so much for your details, and everyone who’s having good luck with it, appreciate the details on how you’re doing so well. Now just waiting for DHL to show up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I love mine at 55 watts its nice and cool I’m DL hitter. It was good with cotton even better with rayon. Thanks for the honest review.

3 Likes

I am slowly working with the Profile RDA. Getting the wicking just right is key. I have noticed that if the wick is not properly saturated you will get dry hits and it hurts bad. I need to get this down a tiny bit better. I will say I do get great flavor out of the device, but have to really lower the wattage. Now a mech in my opinion makes this shine. I have noticed with this RDA that everything has to be just right with everything. The sun, stars and moon have to align correctly to get this to hit right. If those are not aligned you could find yourself in a world of hurt.

4 Likes

I borrowed the Profile from my GF for the weekend while my Unity RTA was en route. I wicked with SS316L 100 and 300 mesh and Fireball cotton(3 strips in diamond formation like Trippers suggested) never had a dry hit in VW or TC modes, and runnin at 13.5ohms 420F and 55-65w… I have yet to try the Tencel (rayon) that I’ve loved using on everything else for the past year and a half. VW mode gives more flavor so far and larger cloud production (70/30, max-VG juices)

Both the Profile and Unity are not stealthy enough for my job (cubicles) but the flavor intensity is off the chain. The Unity seems solid , but it can leak due to pressure fed juice if you will it and close the lid and don’t invert the tank for 30-45 secs- but only my Kaees Solomon v1 does not need this technique.

Airflow on the Profile wide open was massive and took getting used to , but on the Unity it’s much more restricted( add another row of air holes Wotofo please).

The flavor is so intense I find myself wishing my juices weren’t so sweet. the vape is cooler than all my drippers and tanks , but I can live with that.

I’ve got my first LostVape Paranormal arriving tomorrow, and I cant wait to see how these babies can sing on better controlled chipsets. Taste is subjective, but Id like to see a wicking video from someone using Rayon or tencel, and would welcome suggestions for a dual coil atty in TC on STL 316 (or other) , or NI200.

I don’t have a squonk mod, but GF has one, and says that the juice pulls back off the cotton so much that she gets 3-4 hits before needing to re-squonk, and suggested they look into a v2 that is geared with this in mind for squonk fans.

I don’t plan to use a single coil on this atty.

2 Likes