Youde Bellus, simply brilliant and brilliantly simple

Thanks @SirRisc, I should be more patient. I’m trying to form a mental picture of the deck and the build I could use to maximize it’s performance.

The deck appears to be very similar to the Goliath v1 and v2… if not the same. I’m trying to figure if it’s bigger and roomier.

It’s similar, but differs in the way that the airflow is set up. The airflow holes are in an indentation on the side right next to the coils, which makes room for the coils slightly more restricted.
That said though, there is ample room for 2.4mm ID coils as you can tell by the photo.
I’ve not had any shorting problems so far with this build, the guy on Reddit who claimed it would fit 3mm coils also said his coils shorted constantly. To which I replied that that should be a sign not to try fitting those diameters.

3 Likes

Took the bait @SirRisc and purchased one of these tanks… it’ll be in my daily rotation; I’m loving it. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Very nice! Looks quite at home on that Evic too :wink:

1 Like

…love it, sans the comic sans! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Har! Har!

1 Like

What ohm build did you use? It’s not keeping up at .06 or .09. The wick is running dry very quickly. I need to have find a range where it will keep up. Also how does flavor compare to your other tanks?

My build is this:

28 ga. ~ SS 316L
Dual coil
9 (single) wrap micro coil
2.5 mm ID rod

Result was:
.52 ohm (according to my eVic VTC mini)
.53 ohm (according to my ohm meter)

I’m vaping this anywhere from 27.6 w (3.8v) to 34 w (4.2v), depending on how cool or warm I want my vape. Vapor production and flavor is phenominal.

Wicking on this build and all my builds, whether it be a dripper or tank, has always been a version of what folks rave today as the Scottish roll. I found out a long time ago, teasing and rolling the cotton prior to installation in the coil was best practice for juice draw to the coil; hate dry hits, of which I have none with this wicking method.

…few pics:

No cons about this atomizer that would keep me from buying another one if this one got run over in the driveway. :wink:

3 Likes

Youde seems like a pretty solid company making good quality stuff. Pretty much everything they put out seems to be well liked. That’s nice for a change. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, you guys know that’s not actually comic sans, right? I mean, love or hate the font, it’s up to you, but it’s definitely not comic sans. Unless I’m missing some other writing on it or there’s a joke here I don’t get.

2 Likes

I’ve always liked UD, ever since my first ever mechanical mod and my first ever RDA atomizer…the UD, single airflow hole, IGO-W. I still have it and use it just about every day when I’m testing new mixes.

That was a long time ago! Whew! :laughing:

There’s no inside joke about the comic sans…it’s just really close enough to comic sans to raise an eyebrow. :smirk:

2 Likes

LOL nice…now I’m gonna have nightmares. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m glad you cleared that up, I was really confused. You guys were saying comic sans and I couldn’t decide if it was the manual that was written in comic sans or what. I guess I could see it. I actually kinda like it. The Bellus font that is…NOT comic sans. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s definitely a variation on Comic Sans, but it’s done in taste… as far as it’s possible to do so :stuck_out_tongue:
That said, the Bellus is on the top of the 2015 list of RTAs for me. Youde have always had good stuff on the market.

2 Likes

The direct airflow to the coils is a big bonus to it vaping like a dripper! I really like that feature of the Bellus!:grinning:

2 Likes

Ah, my first RDA, I’ve got two of those :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve gone through 4 Ti builds on the Bellus. I’ve got it wicking properly but it’s light on flavor. It does produce tons of vapor. The side air flow is a nice addition and I love the setup… not having to screw down the coil barrel and twisting your wicks. Now if I can find the flavor it would be a gem. I’m vaping it side-by-side with the Mutation X MT Tank and it’s crushing the Bellus… (flavor wise). It’s not completely flavorless but it’s not up there with current favorites. I’m going to try a 28g Ti build around .4 ohm and see how that goes.

1 Like

i suffered the same confusion even though i have 2 Bellus sitting in front of me

2 Likes

I don’t care what anyone says, I’m sticking to my guns. That is definitely NOT comic sans. It’s not even close except that it’s a handwritten font. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pv do you still think the mutation mt over the bellus or even ohm mega?

Just got my Bellus today. I wonder when I’ll break it open :stuck_out_tongue: eheh

2 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: WTS/WTT UD Bellus RTA

I have the same RDA and no RDA has ever been good enough after that one. The Goliath and Bellus tanks are the closest I can think of, to that RDA

1 Like