A journey down the rabbit hole of mixing e-liquid.šŸ°

I also now have homogenizing equipment as posted in other threads. I have a Scilogex D160 and made another for larger volumes. This will be interesting to compare thoughts and results.

3 Likes

Yes, it will be interesting to see the results, I can tell you so far with the - e-liquid i have homogenized at the moments it is a lot better furthermore the flavour is more pronounced. and as you can see from the video it mixes very quickly too. so am a happy bunny.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s cool and good to hear. But the ā€˜steepingā€™, ā€˜agingā€™, or whatever you call the chemically magic that occurs with timeā€¦ Can it match it? I hope the answer is NO because I really donā€™t want to spend that much on a homogenizer.

1 Like

ohh yes it can beet it hands down no problem :grin:

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning to write a D160 review so Iā€™ll sort of butt out of this thread unless asked something directly. I need time to draw any firm conclusion but my initial impressions are that this is a game changer. The results are beyond my expectations in many respects. I will say that I went with a 5 mm probe to use with small volumes for test mixes and constructed a larger probe in my shop for 50 mls and up. Both work very well.

4 Likes

@TW12
If I was doing a two-week steep/ageing I could use it straight away, or if I was doing a 6 weeks steep/ ageing by the looks of it I think I could cut that down by three weeks, my Custard is now ready itā€™s smooth creamy and full flavour.

2 Likes

@mrpipes cool keep me posed be interested in following your review maybe we can collaborate together.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, I have been watching this with interest

thank you. :+1:

1 Like

I should have added that there is a considerable difference between the relatively inexpensive Scilogex and the Pro scientific model you have. While Iā€™m happy with the results, Iā€™m not particularly impressed with the quality of mine for various reasons. Kind of like comparing a Rolls with a Volkswagen. Let us know particular results in all respects.

2 Likes

@mrpipes
sure can you elaborate on what particular results youā€™d like?

@mrpipes And @jason_webb

Yes. Keep us posted. I am interested for sure.

I guess general experiencesā€¦fruits v custards and creams; quality of the device; cleaning methods,: whether you are homogenizing with nic or adding later, or ??? really anything positive or negative about the usage or device itself.

2 Likes

ahh okā€¦ ill do a full write up tonight for you as I have done fruits and custards. or I have an idea I might do a video covering all these things.

@mrpipes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zANu-5RWLgo

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zANu-5RWLgo

Thatā€™s interesting!
Something I definitely didnā€™t notice during my first gallon (though I didnā€™t/wouldnā€™t have thought to look for such). Given Iā€™m nearing the bottom 25% of the second gallon, Iā€™ll try and watch for thisā€¦ Though unfortunately I donā€™t currently have any metric to measure against.

Out of curiosity, what brand and source supplied your VG? (Mine is Musim Mas palm VG from NR fwiw)

2 Likes

Same stuff from NR but I noticed this with another brand also. Donā€™t remember what it was. I always shake my vg before pouring into a smaller container. So now I am a hybrid weight/volume mixer. It was enough that specific gravity was way off. But even if it wasnā€™t I would still homogenize my VG/pg base separately. Iā€™m usually 70/30 but max vg is thinner/smoother afterwards.

2 Likes

I put that mixer you posted in my cart!! Very interested in magnetic after this thread and others i have read. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve got one of those, I canā€™t recommend it, it just doesnā€™t have the power to mix vg, and struggles with anything bigger than 30 ml. I would look on eBay for used professional stuff, the ones I got where less than 10.00 each shipped and work way better than that China mixer.

3 Likes

Oh dang. I need something for 500ml. I mix big ones for my household to lessen my table time haha

2 Likes