A Simple Vapers Review - Joyetech Exceed D19

Disclaimer: This kit was sent to me by Joyetech for the purpose of this review. This will not affect my opinions on this device.

d19a

What is it:
The Exceed D19 Starter Kit is a 19mm x 118mm (including Tank and Drip Tip) Stick Mod with a built in 1500mAh Battery that has over-charging, over-current and over-discharging and Short Circuit protection. The 2ml Tank is removable and can be completely disassembled for cleaning. It ships with one 1.2 Ohm Mouth to Lung coil and one 0.5 Ohm Direct to Lung coil. Both coils are listed as NiCr. The device has two modes; Direct Output and Constant Voltage Output. The kit is available in Silver, Black, White, Dark Orange and a very cool looking White to Black fade which I received.

How Does it Work:
There are two modes to choose from. Direct Output mode and Constant Voltage Output mode that are indicated by a light ring between the tank and battery. When the device is off you press and hold the fire button to shift between direct output mode (white light) and constant voltage output mode (orange light). Release the fire button and it will select the current mode. In Direct Output Mode it will react similar to a Mech and you will get whatever voltage the battery has to supply. In Constant Voltage Output mode the mod will regulate the power depending on the resistance of your coil. When you let off the button after each hit the light will react differently based on the battery level. At 60%-100% it will stay solid for a few seconds before turning of. Below that it will flash before turning off. As the battery gets lower the flashing gets faster.
The 2ml capacity tank has a threaded top cap with an integrated drip tip. I am not sure what material the top cap is made of and I worry that it could easily get cross threaded. It could be Delrin but it may also be plastic. The tank can be completely disassembled for a thorough cleaning. The airflow adjustment is on one side of the tank and consists of a ?mm tall x ?mm wide section for max airflow with the DTL coil and a series of three small holes for use with the MTL Coil. The lowest setting (1 hole) gives you a perfect tight MTL draw and the larger wide open setting gives you a slightly restricted DTL draw.

How Does it Vape:
I tested the Direct Output mode and was not impressed. It works just fine but with the small 1500mAh battery you notice the voltage drop fairly quickly. The rest of my testing was done in the Constant Voltage Output mode. Even in Constant Voltage Output mode, the 0.5 Ohm DTL coil really sucks the battery life out of this thing. I was only able to get through 1 ½ tanks before the charge was seriously affecting the vape quality. The MTL coil was much better.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this little kit. The MTL coil and the lowest air setting do a really great job of simulating a cigarette draw and the flavor is quite good. Most kits that provide a great MTL vape like this have a pretty tight DTL draw but this tank has a nice slightly restricted draw using the DTL coil. I ran 4 tanks with my favorite juices through each of the coils and was very impressed with the flavor. It’s not comparable to a good RDA or RTA but for a small compact starter kit is very respectable.

How Does it Feel:
The overall feeling of the kit is nice. It’s really simple but has all of the features that you would expect from a larger Tube and Tank setup. The fit and finish is good and all of the components thread together without any problems. It’s pretty light weighing in at only 73 grams. It fits nicely in a shirt pocket without pulling your shirt down.

What’s in the box:

• 1 X EXCEED D19 Battery
  • 1 X EXCEED D19 Atomizer
  • 1 X EX 0.5 Ohm DTL Coil (20-35W best at 28W)
  • 1 X EX 1.2 Ohm MTL Coil (8-14 W best at 12W)
  • 1 X Spare Glass and O-Rings
  • 1 X Miro USB Cable
  • 2 X Manual
  • 1 X Warranty card
  • 1 X Warning card

Pros:

• Compact
  • Great Flavor
  • Really Nice MTL Draw
  • Slightly Restricted DTL Draw
  • Easy Top Fill Tank
  • Removable Tank

Cons:

• Top Cap with Integrated Drip Tip
  • Battery Life Suffers when using 0.5 Ohm Coil
  • Direct Voltage Mode Battery Sag

What’s the Verdict:
I am really surprised by this starter kit. It is much better than the Ego AIO from Joyetech. The coils are very good and the range of airflow adjustment is impressive. I would highly recommend this kit to anyone looking for a compact stick mod that can do a respectable Mouth to Lung hit. I would especially recommend this for smokers looking to make the switch to vaping. I usually recommend the Innokin Endura T18 but I think this kit is actually better.

19 Likes

Good work Louie!

4 Likes

Great review.

Not a device I would choose for myself but good one to recommend to new vapers and that is always helpful.

4 Likes

Nice review, man! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Good to here it’s better then the aio and the innokin t18. My go to starter recommendation up till now is the eleaf ijust start. But maybe I should try this one especially since it can do both MTL and DL.

On a side note. Innokin now has the new T20 it uses new coils (vertical) but as far as I’m aware only MTL.

Thanks for the review

3 Likes

Nicely done Mr. Louie…

2 Likes

Very nice :+1:t2:! I may pick up a few of these not for me but I get quite a few questions about vaping and where to start, this kit sounds like it would fit the bill for a good starter kit!

3 Likes