All I want for Christmas!

You get what you pay for.

Whats wrong is thinking any reseller is shaking these before refilling YOUR bottle.

2 Likes

I dont expect that every reseller will do so, hence why picking a reseller being picky might be a good idea.

What i am all about is choice and as long as you still have the choice to go for original bottles i do not see the issue. Just because there is ton of resellers that do rebottles does not prevent you to go for the product you want. So what i am against is dictating what the rest of us should want to spend our money on.

At no point did anyone by words or by actions indicate that there is anything wrong with original bottles, but let those of us who trust our supplier enjoy the lower prices of rebottling if that is what we want.

5 Likes

Then we agree 100%! :wink:

5 Likes

Good morning all! I was not trying to rehash the ELR naming methodology with my post. As we all know it has been a mess for a long while and as has been mentioned as long as folks can add whatever they like it will continue to be a mess. I would like to see uniformity in the naming conventions period. I know @Sprkslfly has been working with his new conventions and changing things up but why is it just one person doing this by himself? He should have a team of folks, which wouldnā€™t be hard to find. Immediately after he changes a flavoring some knucklehead adds the old version of the name anyway which seems that he is just wasting his time!
My post was merely bringing attention to this particular brand. Browse the recipe files for VW and you will see what i am talking about! Itā€™s a mess!

6 Likes

I appreciate your thoughts, and to a degree, agree to some extent.

If one types in Fuji, then it shouldnā€™t be hard to make sense of, given that the most used flavors appear at the top of the list. Iā€™m hoping that the changes help both sides of the issue.

5 Likes

The issue is that relying on anything to make sense clearly leaves a mess, considering that previous naming should make sense too when using auto complete.

Anyway, i think the solution to the mess in general needs more than using a good naming method.

5 Likes

I did check their website, what is up with VW? If every ā€œretail vape e-juiceā€ was in the Flavor list. I donā€™t know how other people will feel about that. That might be somewhere most people donā€™t want to go.

I could be incorrect I just gave it a quick glance, did anyone else look at the WV website and the recipes using their e-juices?

Im saying e-juices because thats all I saw on their site. I donā€™t know about anyone else, but Iā€™m trying to get away from e-juice vendors and am here to create recipes using only highly concentrated flavorings.

And the recipes I saw using their e-juices mostly consisted of only other WV liquids in those recipes.

So what are they really? Please look for yourself. Are they an e-juice vendor trying to get into a database they probably donā€™t belong in, in the first place? Or are newbieā€™s putting in e-juices rather then recipes into the Flavor List out of confusion and ignorance?

As far as confusion, Itā€™s more damaging and confusing having stright-up e-juices in a database where they donā€™t belong. I personally feel Vendors should stick to Ads in the forum. And for new people adding e-juices they need to be educated.

I have no problems working around my stash and the Flavor list As-Is

EDITā€¦ But their prices seem very reasonable. I might pick up a few. It might open up some new creations. lol

4 Likes

Youā€™re a programmer, canā€™t you write some AI to keep everything in check without manual intervention? :santa:

5 Likes

I could make something that would optimise things, but i cannot reprogram the human mind and fix stupidity :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Vape Wild does sell diy flavorings, in the past people did call them out for rebotteling fw/tfa and just naming them whatever they think is cool, making it look like itā€™s their own concentrates.

Further down, some people assumed, that they selling their combination of flavors in the diy section, but normally this would be called one shots, where people could buy letā€™s say the custard mixture and add vg/pg/nic themselves.

Vw never made a statement to this I think, but it does bring confusion, because a lot of newbies pick up their one shots/flavors and because they donā€™t know better, it ends in the database as flavor thatā€™s equal to actual flavor companies/brands/manufacturer.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with it, I mean if you bought letā€™s say vanilla (vw) thatā€™s what you should be listing. We donā€™t have a rule saying, that only non ejuice company flavors are allowed to be added.

I havenā€™t looked at the issue you guys are talking about, just wanted to try and explain that they do sell ā€œflavorsā€ of whatever kind, as well as boosts for their own juice line, even in the same category. But if you scroll through, youā€™ll see the flavorings.

Reference link:
https://www.vapewild.com/diy/

6 Likes

Thanks bookmarked that. Im glad cause the prices were nice. Just couldnā€™t find these concentrates.

They look very promising for a recipe book release. Looks like they made all their own recipes. More experts like you here is good.

Edit: Yea Im not Im gonna be around here. ā€œcrowd goes wild - throw a partyā€ No one to help with my new flavor stash. Have to go deep web to find new experts. :wink:

3 Likes

Dovpo Topside and a 25mm Goon. IF you want to throw in a 21700 Kennedy Vindicator with a 25mm Kennedy RDA too, that would be great. Thatā€™s my Christmas list. :wink:

6 Likes

I just want customs to release my pack of flavors theyā€™ve been holding on to for 3 weeks so I can start mixing my xmas juicesā€¦

6 Likes

Love seeing you post. Thatā€™s my christmas.

4 Likes

Be aware though, thereā€™s several historical examples though of small vendors ā€œmakingā€ their own ā€œflavorsā€ from preexisting REAL manufacturers (read as: From scratch, ie: From single flavor molecule components by legitimate chemists and flavorists.)

Thereā€™s a huge difference between an OEM manufacturer (eg: FA, TFA, Inawera, Capella, etc) selling flavoring, and some mom&pop shop (regardless of how well known or popular) throwing any of the above (FA, TFA, Inawera, Capella, etc) into a bottle (effectively as you mention merely a recipe), not actually their own flavor.

Yes, it is their own product. But itā€™s nothing anyone in DIY canā€™t do themselves (with enough patience and perseverance).

What it is not however, is a new ā€œflavorā€.

While we allow One Shots to be keyed in (and I think, rightfully so), I would hope that once people discover who actually makes the individual flavors that theyā€™re marketing, those will be treated similarly as when it came to light that Signature = TFA, or Lotus = MF, Northwest = RF VG, etc.

Iā€™m not saying the possibility doesnā€™t exist for ANY mom&pop to order/have a flavor custom made for them by an OEM (quite the opposite actually)ā€¦ But itā€™s far more rare that that actually happens due to the investment costs (and minimum volume required to custom batch) alone.

This is why, IMO, Vapewild isnā€™t as high a priority. Iā€™m not saying it wonā€™t be worked on, but since they donā€™t appear to actually make anything themselves (and simply relabel), they are just not at the top echelon of priorities for me ATM.

I DO understand the frustration expressed above by others though. Trust me.

4 Likes

Yes, Hugh difference. So pleased to see your deeper insight.

The whole thing had me wondering about trying some of their recipes with my new Flavors from Delosi Labs, to see if they click.

Iā€™m diving right into their stuff now to get %'s. I know people say they require higher %'s and cost more in the long run.

But, I dig the mixing range the weaker concentrates (CAP FW & DS) offer. 1-20% with smaller risk of damaging a mix with 1 drop. Or being stuck to only adding 0.2-0.5% of the SCā€™s.

Itā€™s a creative thing. :wink:

Hit me up if ever you want to PM. This is the most Awesome site in the history of vaping!

2 Likes

Oh man xmas is gonna suck ā€¦ :frowning_face:
Just got a letter from customs saying I broke the law by importing nicotine containing e-liquids, that they made a report of it and will destroy the 33 e-liquids (i.e. flavor concentrates) that I orderedā€¦
Now I risk being fined and losing my package for something I didnā€™t even do :sob: F%^& ignorant government officials! There goes my xmas wish :frowning:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that happenedto you man. Couldnā€™t you contest it somehow?

3 Likes

Yeah I sent in a complaintā€¦ problem is, early next month Iā€™m leaving the country for 2 months so I doubt Iā€™ll be mixing anything for xmas even if it does come through

1 Like

WTF manā€¦wow. Sorry to hear.

4 Likes