Almond or Marzipan?

I’m wanting to make a coconut almond cookie and don’t know whether I need to choose an almond or marzipan flavor or which brand to use. Has anyone here had experience in this? I don’t want to get too complicated. I have 2 coconuts I’ll use and 1 or 2 cookie flavors picked out.

4 Likes

im assuming you dont have any almond or marzipan flavors in your stash ?

FA almond
FA marzipan
FA vanilla tahity ( spelled wrong im sure )

these are what ive used in the past while trying to create almond milk vapes , i have read that the INW marzipan is very good but the FA was easier to get at the time

5 Likes

Ooh, thank you muchly. A friend also gave me a tip on using a wee but of pear to cut any bitterness from the almond. Have you had that problem with FA?

2 Likes

I agree with @fidalgo_vapes

I do agree that fa almond and fa marizpan in combination will be a good starting point. Start low with fa almond. It’s not a forgiving flavor.

As for pear fa…I haven’t tried to use that to cut almond. For me I think of coconut fa at 0.15 to 0.25% to smooth the edge and keep the flavor white and not green fruit.

3 Likes

Thx. Of all the vanilla I have, I don’t have Tahiti Vanilla. Anything else I could use instead?

2 Likes

Marzipan adds some sweetness but it’s a very heavy flavor, start low so as to not overpower the cookie base note. It also changes over 30 days of steep time (Marzipan) and results in a great flavor.

6 Likes

flavorah’s macaroon might also be a good choice here.

3 Likes

How did you get on with this? Sounds yummy!

5 Likes

Which brand? (Or just in general?) I have some almond fa coming today, and was thinking about trying a marzipan too to use along with it possibly… I haven’t worked with any almond flavors yet.

5 Likes

I’m not the lovely Mr BoDarc…but for me, the FA Almond is nice for a subtle Almond taste used in low %, the FA Marzipan tastes just like almond paste used in cake icing to me - also yum, but more of a punch to it. A combination would be yum I think - want me to mix up a 10ml when I get home?

3 Likes

Sure! :grinning: I’ll watch for your notes! :tada:

4 Likes

Ladies, apologies for the rookie mistake, I’m no Ms Lolly :kissing_heart:
Marzipan (FA) is bold at 1% and if paired with Almond (FA) (0.5%?) could probably be dropped to 0.75% for the purposes of flavoring a cookie (Vape) …this is starting to sound delicious BTW.

6 Likes

I like FA Almond combined with INW Marzipan. I haven’t actually tried the FA Marzipan, but the INW tastes pretty on point for an authentic Marzipan to me. I use it more to boost the Almond though, as it tastes like Almond meal/oil. It’s exactly like the Marzipan in Extra Dark Bittersweet Chocolate I used to get from Mexico.

5 Likes

ha , one of my complete failures that i havent went back and tried to complete , i think the failure was because i used FW toasted almond which imo is horrid

2 Likes

I keep dabbling with a coconut milk but just can’t master it…I feel ya pain :laughing:

3 Likes

@VapeyMama (and anybody else who is interested :laughing:). 1% FA Almond and 0.75% Marzipan…off the shake, the Marzipan (as anticipated) overwhelms the Almond. Can’t really pick up the almond - am just getting the honeyed almond paste type flavour. I’d say using Marzipan at 0.5% or less to boost the almond would be a good place to start. Can totes see it working in a bakery type recipe, but it if it’s the essence of almond in it’s true nutty form, I’m not sure the Marzipan will pull it off (thinking maybe a teeny touch of Nut Mix to the almond will help provide this, without detracting from the almond flavour, which I find quite light with FA) - that could just be wacky Brit tastebuds mind.

Apologies for the essay on Almond…typing as I think so it may be garbled :laughing:

5 Likes

Thanks Lolly! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

@woftam made a marzipan heavy vape with the almond supporting the marzipan it was pretty good and i was surprised they way he used the marzipan

4 Likes

Oh good, I’ll let you go first!

i probably got hung up on google images of coconut almond cookies for a 1/2 hour. I noticed a little bit of drool.