Any one have the NFFO1 Mixer?

i love that you mag mixer is one solid piece it doesnt have a plate like mine , mine is a big hunk of metal as well yours look solid compared to mine

i got mine bc it didnt have a heating element and it was ordered by a person i made juice for so it cost me 240ml of juice ( pretty cheap ) for me i believe at the time they paid 80 bucks

1 Like

Yeah, this probably takes up leas than a quarter of the space. Its heavy and quiet and smooth running. It needs a pilot light so i can remember to turn it off. Iā€™ve accidentally left it run for 2 or 3 days. I thought Iā€™d recommend this to people because the build quality back then is so far beyond what is produced today that there is just no comparison. I hav another really nice one I paid $xxx,.00 for. It stirs my juice. This ebay one well, its stirs my juice LOL

3 Likes

What Iā€™d be interested in knowing is in that Nitecore picture, is that a VG solution that it created that vortex in, or is it colored water. My 2 very old mag mixers will put a hell of a vortex in water. Put some VG on top and the spin bars just sit and shake.

1 Like

Donā€™t know but Iā€™m kinda curious also

Heated vg is thinner

I Yes I know. But Iā€™ve found that in any advertisements for mag mixers the pictures they show is that of water being mixed rather than a more viscous fluid. Mostly because the standards that are set for any mag mixer is how well it mixes a fluid that has the viscosity of water. I donā€™t want to make a blanket statement about all mag mixers without having personal knowledge of them. But I can almost guarantee that that is colored water they are showing there.
Whereā€™s @ozo when you need him?

2 Likes

I think that you are absolutely right about the pics being colored water. I was also hoping that @ozo would join in. While I wonā€™t presume to speak for him, its safe to say that he has stated repeatedly that a vortex like that pictured is both unnecessary and undesirable. Put simply, you donā€™t want to introduce air to your mix.
The use of heat is one of the most contentious subjects on the forum and I really donā€™t want to go there. But after reading about the NFF01, its entire concept centers around the use of the hotplate. My second stirrer has a hotplate but whether I use it or not depends entirely on what I am mixing and the quantity I am mixing. Generally, I donā€™t have any problem with either of my stirrers unless I try to mix more than 120 mils. If so, heat is essential to start the process.

Now for the monkey-wrench and what I see wrong with the claims that the NFF01 is designed entirely for ejuice mixing. Were I to design a stirrer for ejuice mixing it would be an overhead stirrer which would eliminate the problems of magnetic coupling like what you are experiencing. But overhead mixers have been around far longer than than mag stirrers. Have a look at ebay. They start at about $80 and the skyā€™s the limit.

Then we could talk about homogenizers which are even more expensive. For me. the mag stirrers work very well. The overhead stirrers, which I may build for myself, would add extra cleaning time. And the homogenizersā€¦ well, if I was a commercial juice maker I would definitely have one, but for a hobby, it would be absurd.

3 Likes

No the vortex isnā€™t necessary, but itā€™s so satisfying :laughing:

2 Likes

Found this review.
Looks good.
Now Iā€™ve got to find one in the UK?
https://spinfuel.com/nitecore-nff01-review/

I found this video very interesting as well as various other websites found when doing a search:

In fairness hereā€™s an update.

Once I emailed Smokstore, a kind hearted rep named Coco started emailing me very promptly. I was told they had not received their order as they had been promised and would be expecting them in a couple days. That didnā€™t happen and I got an email again informing me of the delay. Then they finally arrived and I was emailed again with photos of the product in hand. Then I checked their website and see they provided me a tracking number.

All in all, the only problem here was that initial lack of communication. Once I rattled their cage a little then communication stepped up nicely and I didnā€™t have to prompt them again for info. So I donā€™t want anything Iā€™ve said to be construed as Smokstore being a bad vendor. Iā€™m fully anticipating getting my product in good condition and their price was really good.

2 Likes

Thx for the update. Look forward to a product review in a few daysā€¦

2 Likes

Any idea yet of when mixer arrives?

1 Like

Butā€¦it arrived to the local distribution hub today, so chances are it will be here tomorrow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I picked up a couple of rare earth stirring bars. They function really well in thicker mixes. They are a little pricey and sometimes take some time to arrive per my experience.

Hope you post some pics

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bring it all here to this thread. And it will be a howā€™s-your-father overview, not an in depth review. Especially since Iā€™ve yet to use any magnetic mixer and have no point of reference.

2 Likes

Wonder if it can create a funnel in heated and unheated vg

Ok, so I got it today. Youā€™ve seen pix of the outside. Hereā€™s ones I took today.

Adding a couple magnets to try and get better resultsā€¦

These are the only photos Iā€™ll post. So why did I have it apart? Well because it didnā€™t work worth a flip. Nothing even approaching the 1200 rpm it claims. So I just had
to find out what was causing the resistance. Hmph, never found out. Oh well, Iā€™ll ask for a refund but doubt Iā€™ll get it. Will keep this thread updated. Fact is, this thing is a cheaply made hunk of junk and I strongly discourage anyone from purchasing it at any price.

8 Likes

that sucks ass ( that its crap ) not your opinion lol , i was really hoping it worked wellā€¦ sorry to hear it was a shitty deal for you

2 Likes

Yes it does. But Iā€™m happy to give the warning to others though. Iā€™m quite sure Nitecore will get a big dose of negative feedback on these things, which could result in the NFF02. :slight_smile:

4 Likes