Anybody interested in a raffle?

This is what I want :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OR

3 Likes

This is a good idea, although for a raffle I would say that the number someone has for it should also be random and not chosen by the entrant. People get superstitious about lucky numbers and because this is an international forum someone could miss out on the one they want because of the different time zones. For example, if it started at 8am EST that is 3am GMT.
Having some sort of limit would also mean that those who couldnā€™t afford to spend a lot more would still have a decent chance of winning, and wouldnā€™t just be making up the numbers. And thatā€™s my two cents worth lol

2 Likes

BAAAAHAHA, excellent stuff Neo lad :laughing:, brilliant
"youā€™re starting to believeā€¦"

1 Like

A DNA250 0n 2 18650 cells will give you 167w and a DNA200 will be limited to 133w. Only way to get the full wattage is to use a LIPO in the mod.

Iā€™d prefer 18650 batteries, not really wanting to have to buy a different charger. :wink:
And a wooden mod would be sweet!

3 Likes

The DNA 250 boards have a lipo charger built in. You can charge them via micro USB. No idea how long it takes though or how many milliamps the board can use to charge.

2 Likes

The DNA250 charges up to 2 amps

2 Likes

18650ā€™s definitely.
1st choice wooden box!
2nd choice: custom paint, laser etched.

DNA would be nice, but as long as itā€™s consistent amperage and voltage delivery (no pulsing) with consistent regulation from full charge to cutoff, Iā€™d be ecstatic!

Iā€™m just hoping I still have the funds by the time this gets closer to happening. =x

3 Likes

May I ask why you donā€™t want pwm?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say that I ā€œdonā€™t want itā€ā€¦ Iā€™ve never tried it to say. That is the main part of my curiosity actually. But, since he asked for ideas/input I tossed it up! =)
Especially since I already know that WhiteRose is a fan of DNA. :wink: grins (Heā€™s one of the ones who turned me on to using a DNA, and why I trust his input! So if he likes PWM, I already know itā€™s worth trying!)

2 Likes

Ah OK. I thought pwm has some funny properties I didnā€™t know about

Dual 18650s DNA whether it be 75/133/200/250ā€¦ and some cool laser etching

2 Likes

He took the Red Pill :wink:

And my vote is for something laser etched and purple :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or one of those beautiful marble looking acrylic boxes.

Or whatever cool idea you come up with :slight_smile:

5 Likes

for me, 18650ā€™s for convenience, PWM because I have no idea why but it does something magical to my liquids that I canā€™t explain??..stabilised wood Hybrid with matching colour battery sled and brushed stainless protruding fun button, black dial pot with a stainless bezel, matching colour LED 510 ring and a ā€˜Whiteroseā€™ engraved stainless in-laid name plateā€¦

Too muchā€¦? :grin:

1 Like

Oh, yes please. I want in!
If I win it, Iā€™m totally showing it off with a ā€œsee this? You canā€™t have one!ā€

One of the PWM boards that I build with has a feature to lock the output voltage. Maintaining a consistent vape until the low voltage cutoff occurs.
I am bringing this up because I am currently prepared to build a mod with PWM, but I am NOT currently prepared to build a DNA. I donā€™t have any DNA boards in stock. BUTā€¦I recognize the need, so I will order DNA boards to build on and fulfill the need of the group. So how about (a) raffle(s) now for PWM based mods and maybe raffle(s) in the future with custom DNA mods?

8 Likes

I totally like your idea. Either way, the randomizer chooses the winnerā€¦and that is a random winner. We could eliminate the potential for ā€œlucky numbersā€ and just sell non decided positions and then line all participants up and the randomizer will choose a number and whoever is on that number wins. Is that acceptable?
And definitely a cap on how many slots can be purchased so that, as you stated, even those with less funds for the raffle can still stand a chance.
I really like everyoneā€™s participation in this!

3 Likes

Iā€™m in let us know if you decide to go forward.

This is DEFINITELY going to happen!

4 Likes