Anyone using the kylin by vandyvape?

Hay everyone needs some help I finally started to use my kylin it’s my first time using an RTA I got premade alien Clapton coils .2 ohm an I’m not sure on how many watts I should use. Im using it on my asmodus mod an it’s reading my ohms at .1 and I’m not getting good smok till about 50-60 watts I’m getting alot of popping an juice shooting in my mouth and don’t know y should I have used more cotton when wicking it or am I not using enough watts to burn the juice but I need some help and dose anyone have an ohm cart all the ones I find online stop at 1 ohm thanks in advance

1 Like

I’ve got a Kylin but I use builds between .25 and .4 with it. Never tried a .1. Typically a .1 dual coil alien wants a good bit of power. I know some folks that use over 120W, but if the thing is already spitting like crazy I’m not sure that will work out well. The drill to find the right power is to start low and work your way up until flavor starts fading and it starts hitting dry, but if you have a volcano that may be difficult. Good luck!

2 Likes

If you have a 0.2 ohm coil when you use two of them in a dual coil set up then you are cutting the ohms in half to 0.1 ohms.

50-60 watts is at abut 2.5 volts and not really pushing much power to those coils.

As far as spitting goes it is probably not enough cotton. With an angry set of aliens you may want to rewick using more cotton. Also, here is a good thread on wicking that style RTA.

1 Like

I do on how to use that calculate i dont know what to put in the volts or anything i just use power mode I changed my coil I just made a fused clapping coil from some premade wire I have that is reading 1.8 the online charts I used where ones that said ur ohms an that I can go from this many watts to this many I guess I just have to figure out how much cotton to put in i though this was going to go better its my first day an can’t stand using it all ready .

1 Like

I tried premade wire but there higher ohms like 1.8 I just can’t get the cotton right it’s either to much or too little I washed all these videos on YouTube and they shoot so close up I can’t tell how much cotton to put in that looks like a lot on the video I put in a little an now I can taste cotton

1 Like

I’ve got the kylin it’s the cotton that you put in the wicking holes that’s the issue always fluff out all tails, you want the holes full but the cotton loose if you ram it in it won’t wick you’ll get dry hits if it’s too loose say hello to juice on your lap also make sure you close the juice flow and air flow when refilling then as you reopen it’ll create a vaccum so it shouldnt leak. last build i had was basic dual Claptons at .25 and it ran like a champ

1 Like

I don’t think I put enough cotton in cuz I’m getting alot of spit back I was changed my coil I have a spool from coil logically fused Clapton nichrome 80 1.46 ohm I work this thing like 3 times already first time I think I had too much cotton in it and now I don’t think I have enough I can’t take a hit without it popping in spiting in my mouth

1 Like

I’m getting a lil cotton taste dose that happened when u don’t put enough cotton

1 Like

some times it could just be your cotton needs breaking in after a couple puffs it’s should clear if it’s a new build

1 Like

I think you’re on to it! That’s how I started my building journey. Wick, rewick, and rewick again. Bounced between the ditches of dry hit and flood for awhile. You’ll get it. Eventually you will develop an eye for the style of the build deck and the size of the wicking channels and know just how to approach it. I don’t know how you’re getting 1.46 ohms out of two coils, but ok. Now you’re on the high side for that atty. No worries. Good practice for building.

1 Like

Ok I’m moving up from my aspire take i used to just screw I’m a new coil when needed I never built coils so I don’t know what norm or not

1 Like

I used have a spool of fused Clapton nic80 1.46ohm from coilology I’m not really sure what wire to use I thought by putting in two coils it would divided by 2

1 Like

My bad bro it’s .18 I put the decimal point in the wrong place

1 Like

Yes that is correct. Maybe you mean that you are using two 1.46 ohm coils and getting a .73 ohm build? That I could understand better. .73 would be a reasonable build for that tank.

1 Like

A .18 build is right where I would expect the build to come out using premade coils. That should work well.

1 Like

I’ve found that when I have spitting and popping it’s from one of 2 things, a bad wick job or I need to turn the power up a bit more. for a .18 build I’d probably be running at 80 watts or better. I’ve never had an instance where I was running my vape too hot, causing popping and had to turn the power down. Popping is caused by your ejuice not heating up fast enough to evaporate. either because there is too much on the coil, or because you need more power. Which all goes back to wicking and power settings

I know that this goes against what a lot of people suggest, but it’s what has worked for me. The only problem I’ve had with running high wattage is accidentally burning my wick now and then. Never has it caused popping…maybe a bit of sizzle, but I kind of enjoy that sound.

Edit: I actually just had a realization. I work in a steel mill, and explosions happen all the time when melting steel. the cause of this is when vapor gets trapped below the molten metal and has to escape. Usually water vapor in this case, but I think the same principle can apply.

Say you have a large amount of juice on your coil. As the coil heats up the juice that is closest to the coil will vaporize much faster than the additional juice that is collected around the coil, basically making a liquid bubble around the vapor, and then POP. The vapor has to escape and go somewhere making the ejuice basically “explode”. Making that popping noise, and worst case sending molten eliquid into your mouth. shame there isn’t some micro camera that we could install into the coil chamber of a vape to witness this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Any suggestions on what wire to use is coilology fused Clapton 1.4 ok an what about the raps dose more raps mean higher ohms

1 Like

Dose raps matter dose it change the ohms

1 Like

More wraps = higher ohms.

As far as what wire to use: I’m fairly new to the game myself and can’t give a good recommendation as I’ve only tried 2 different wires so far.

1 Like

Yes. Here is a site that is good to get familiar with:

Every wire configuration has a specific resistance per length. The longer the length the more resistance. Therefore the more wraps the more resistance. Also the larger the diameter of each wrap the more resistance. Play with the calculator using different wires, different number of wraps, and different coil diameters and you will see what I am writing about. There are probably some good tutorials on this forum regarding coil building as well. Not sure. I built a long time before joining.

1 Like