Are there any *good* chocolate vapes out there?

You donā€™t want to vape ā€˜oil basedā€™ products. Itā€™s not about the potential separation, itā€™s about potentially causing lipid pneumonia. The data sheets also say it has ā€˜inverted sugarā€™ in it, and you donā€™t want to vape sugars because they burn and turn into nasty ā€œCā€ stuff. Alcohol is not a problem for vaping, but when used as a the primary dilutant base it is generally a red flag that it is an oil based liquid and therefore not suitable for vaping. From the info Iā€™ve seen so far, I would not recommend vaping TPA Cocoa Essence.

2 Likes

agree with bminor about that Cocoa Essence. If you want Cocoa, might want to grab some from FA.

1 Like

El Paso ā€¦

Just to be on the safe side I spent some time to reformulate _Brownie With A Kiss recipe to get rid of the cocoa essence and was quite surprised to find we liked it even better than the original. Try this oneā€¦

Double Dutch Chocolate (FW) 2%
Malted Milk (TPA) 2%
Marshmallow (FW) 2%
Milk Chocolate (TPA) 14%

6 Likes

Maybe us Texicans should have our own thread around here, I am from just about 8 hours east of you, right in middle of the DFW area. Irving.

2 Likes

Created a thread for us Texans, Noobie. Great idea. :smile:
Texas Shout Out

2 Likes

Guess you missed this post. This is one of the VERY few public recipes I have posted since this was sort of a ELR project. Noticed your comment! If you make it up let me know how you like it. If you like more of a light and sweet kinda cocoa taste you should like this one.

If you prefer more of a darker chocolate flavor then you might reverse percentages of Milk Choc and Double Dutch a 2% at a time to darken the taste. You could have to drop the malted milk if you like dark chocolate. If you want to play with it that isā€¦

1 Like

Yup, I did the same! Started using FA chocolate and cocoa with much success! Lighter flavors used the chocolate and darker flavors used the cocoa. They are great!

1 Like

1st off I want to thank all of you for all the wonderful ideas presented here. I am brand spanking new to making my own juice. I am also on a very tight budget so I researched and researched until I thought I knew what I wanted. Once I had a rough idea of what I was looking for I researched the tools, nic, VG, and flavors I would need and found a few venders. I found out that shipping from multiple venders would cost more that the supplies so I found 1 vender with all the tools and a few of the flavor venders I was interested in. The vender is Wizard Labs.

I had a few ideas of what flavor I wanted to make. I wanted something of a chocolate latte. While reading all your great recipeā€™s I found a lot of them had malted milk which reminded me of chocolate malted and the cravings began for a chocolate malted. So I combined my desires into one and searched for ingredients and recipes. I looked at a lot of recipes to see what percentages to use and what flavors that were available at the Wizard Labs. I donā€™t want custard notes and I would prefer not having water as an ingredient so it limited what I could use.

For my 1st attemptI ended up with:

Caramel Cappuccino (TPA) 2%
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA) 8%
Malted Milk (TPA) 1.5%
Marshmallow (TPA) 2%
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1.5%

Strength: 3 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 15/85
Flavor total: 1.5 ml (15%)

I called it Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino Before I tasted it or I would have called it Chocolate Malt. I used techniques I learned here and a few other sources I researched to do a fast steep and tried it about 2 hours after I made it and it is very reminiscent of a chocolate malt. I will bring the small 10ml to my favorite local vape shop and let them try it and see if they have any suggestions before I make a big batch of 250ml.

I also would like any suggestion you gals and guys may have. Granted I havenā€™t let it steep fully and expect changes to the flavors. Hopefully the cappuccino will come out, but in all honesty I donā€™t care and may remove it completely. If I take out the cappuccino will it hurt it?

I may turn this into 2 separate recipes by bumping the caramel cappuccino to get the coffee taste I was aiming for, I will wait for it to steep and may try that on the next batch next month after this current recipe has had longer to steep. The other will be a stronger chocolate flavor so maybe replace the cappuccino with a dark or semi sweet or dark chocolate to make a bit more chocolaty. I love the malted flavor so will keep that in both.

Any suggestions or feedback will be appreciated.

I tend to ramble and I hope this 1st comment here isnā€™t too long.

A special thanks to @ringling for your inspiration and to @Alisa for your OP.

5 Likes

First off, ā€œHiā€ VapinMonty. Good to have you weigh in here. Your recipe looks like a good one. I still havenā€™t purchased any Malted Milk, so I canā€™t test your recipe out yet. I never purchased it before cuz I never cared for ā€˜Maltsā€™. I always loved a good ā€˜Shakeā€™, but never cared for that malted taste. But then, I havenā€™t tasted that malted flavor in probably 30 years (that I know of).

Only suggestion, from experienceā€¦ Donā€™t make that 250ml too soon. I made that mistake early on. After vaping that one juice for 3 weeks, suddenly it had a really harsh, hard-core flavor that I hated and ended up dumping about 130ml of juice down the drain. Since then, I make it a rule for myself to ALWAYS let at least a small sample of my mix steep for a month before I make anything larger than 65mls.

6 Likes

Thank you for the advice. Maybe Iā€™ll make a few 30ml batches with slightly different ratios and another with the same instead. I understand that when making a small batch that the flavor profile may change when making a larger batch. Especially with my poor close up eyesight I find it hard to be exact at those smaller measurements and could easily have added more or less than what the recipe called for. With a larger batch a small amount like .01 wonā€™t make much of a flavor change. With a small batch it could make a huge change in flavor especially with the malted milk which if too much is used can mute other flavors. Thank you for getting me to remember that detail.

As for steeping for a month I donā€™t have that kind of patience :laughing: Besides I would go through about 60ml a week. Especially if itā€™s tasty like this small batch is :yum:

Is there a way to copy a recipe and past it into a comment? I tried using the tools on the recipe page and the formatting seemed to get goofy and needed me to edit it to be legible.

I use the Windows ā€˜Snipping Toolā€™
Works very well:

4 Likes

You can also click the blue wrench and then click ā€œCopy as simple textā€ and paste that into the forums. That is the only option that works right now.

3 Likes

Thanks JoJo ā€¦ I didnā€™t know that.

I thought I would share how my 1st attempts at DIY juice making is turning out. The 1st 10ml batch of my Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino recipe is about the same 16 days later with a slight increase in flavor and a bit creamier. Still yummy. I didnā€™t have a frother then and I think that makes a huge difference in steeping times. My 2nd attempt at the recipe hasnā€™t really changed the flavor in about a week of steeping. Yummy right out of the 2 hour hot water bath :yum:

I changed the recipe slightly adding 2% (from 8 to 10%) more double chocolate and 1% (from 2 to 3%) more caramel cappuccino and made a 120ml batch about 6 days ago. Itā€™s even yummier than my 1st 10ml batch with a bit more chocolate and coffee flavor. The malted seems to come out more the longer it steeps and I like that.

For my 2nd 120ml batch I am cutting the nic from 3mg to 2mg because itā€™s so yummy :yum: I vape so much of this that I get a little too much of a nic rush. That and Iā€™m upping the caramel cappuccino to 4% from the 3% of the last batch.

I have been sharing this with the cook? at my local vape shop and he really likes it. The 10ml batch he said was good and the 2nd batch was even better. He thinks itā€™s good the way it is, but I want more chocolate so in about 2 weeks when I place my next flavor order Iā€™m gonna try getting some dark chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, and or some coco and play with that next month. The cook also said he loved the malted flavor with my 2nd batch even though I havenā€™t touched that percentage.

I think my age and 45 plus years of smoking has something to do with why he tastes more of the coffee and chocolate than I do. BTW Iā€™m 2 years analog free :grinning:

I made another 30ml without the cappuccino as my 2nd attempt at a recipe trying to create a chocolate malted, but even with the double chocolate at 12% it didnā€™t have enough chocolate flavor. It was still tasty, just not as tasty as as the cappuccino recipe. I may work on that more next month when I get more variety of chocolates.

My latest 120ml batch at 2mg nic is done bathing so itā€™s time to bottle it :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Just remember, if you share your recipe with the cook at the Vape shop, do like my Mother always did when folks asked her for one of her recipesā€¦leave out just one of the ingredients which makes it so yummy! That way your recipe always kicks ass more than theirs! Itā€™s a southern thang!

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind sharing the wealth especially if he can make a marketable juice out of it. Itā€™s a northern thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But, I do appreciate the advice :smile_cat:

He and the others at that shop have been very helpful and friendly to me and let me hang out all the time and gab about vaping and other stuff. They let me sample their juice, but because Iā€™m very picky about juice I havenā€™t found anything that screams this is awesome juice. Not at his shop or anyplace except for 2 juices I tried from Virgin Vapor, thatā€™s where I got the idea for my chocolate cappuccino.

Now if I was interested in opening my own vape shop that would be different. But, thereā€™s too much uncertainty regarding the laws about vaping for me make that jump. Iā€™m too old for that BS.

5 Likes

This was one of the first threads I was part of. Seems like yesterday. Can you believe itā€™s been nearly a year?

I thought about posting this to the Flavorah-based thread but I think this one should be revived since itā€™s a really good subject and flavor. Back when I first replied to it I didnā€™t have any good chocolate flavorings. Ordered from TPA and still no good chocolate flavorings. Iā€™ve discovered how to make the most of them though, but nothing I felt worthy to put here. Then I got some Chocolate Deutche from Flavorah, and the wheels started turning. I came up with this recipe. Once again I have a juice I canā€™t seem to not vape and let steep. Hit me with your best shot because I ainā€™t apologizing!! :slight_smile: If you have the ingredients give this a whirl and I doubt youā€™ll apologize either.

German Chocolate Cake (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.5
Brown Sugar (TPA) 2
Butter (CAP) 1
Cake Batter (CAP) 0.5
Chocolate Deutch (Flavorah) 1.5
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) 2.5
Walnut (MF) 0.4

Flavor total: 8.4%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
6 Likes

For my palate, my favorite chocolate has been CAP Hot Cocoa. Itā€™s not intense or anything like that; itā€™s more of a smooth milky chocolate with marshmallows in it.

I highly recommend it if you find yourself not enjoying chocolate mixes or if you prefer more of a lighter flavor. I can guarantee that you wonā€™t regret picking it up!

Hereā€™s how I use it (and this is probably my personal favorite recipe Iā€™ve created):

2 Likes

Iā€™m not much of a mixer, and Iā€™m new to vaping, but I finally found a chocolate vape that I am really enjoying. Boston Cream Pie flavor by Capella and Iā€™ve been adding some Vanilla Custard V1. At first, I had made a note that it was a very weak flavor, and I mixed it up at about 30% flavor total with VG50/PG50. But to my surprise the stuff bloomed after about 4 months and when I tried it, it was way too strong. So, I diluted it and Iā€™ve been vaping it very enjoyably in a TFV4 RBA with Stainless Steal wire at 30 watts Temp Control. TIME IS THE KEY and Chocolate vapes donā€™t like much heat.

3 Likes