Be polite and introduce yourself! (2017)

I call bullshit on that one brother :rofl:

5 Likes

Welcome Mandrax!
Feel free to share and receive the warmth of this community in any language ! :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome Gautam!

1 Like

Welcome @vape4dayz !

2 Likes

Hi to all.

I started vaping for the second time about a year ago after quitting a 27 year smoking habit cold turkey. I had tried nicotine gum, lozenges, inhalers, and (the worst thing) patches with nothing but dissatisfaction and bad side effects. So I just had to do it the hard way.

After a few months, I still would get urges and started smoking the occasional cigar when I had wine or beer. My husband bought me a smok alien 220 and I was afraid of it but it satisfied my cravings. Lol
I went back to researching on the battery safety and other possible risks and found VU and they were so helpful. I have been vaping like a steam engine ever since and have a couple more mods, tanks (that I just cant seem to like anymore), and rdas.

Having wanted to start DIY for about a year, but not wanting to make a bunch of online purchases only to fail at it, I waitedā€¦

Until, to my surprise and delight, my favorite and local B&M started carrying flavorings and supplies for DIY. Someone there gave me a head start with some percentage suggestions and even recommended this site. The calculator is great and flavor lists are quite helpful.

I am looking into getting a scale to make life easier. However, I am going to try and control myself and not just buy hundreds of flavorings. I am so excited and pleased with my first made juices already! I am pretty picky and tend to like only a few flavors so far after trying a bunch in the year I have been vaping.

I have been and will be reading more on this site.

Thanks to all that have shared their information on this site. It has already helped me quite a bit and know it will continue to do so. I would have never started DIY with out a bit of help and that push in the right direction.

14 Likes

Seriously. That ā€œfoolā€ knows some hardware! (And continues to enlighten us as more and more rolls out.)

/edit: I see woftam already beat me to the punchlineā€¦ Lol. Ah well, GMTA!

6 Likes

Welcome @Bugalien :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Goodness gracious, I missed a few new people! Welcome everybody! :wave: :grinning:

6 Likes

Me too. Welcome to all the new peeps.

7 Likes

Welcome @Bugalien

Going for a scale will save you indeed loads of time!
Good choice :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to you all! :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome @Bugalien

2 Likes

Thanks all, for the warm welcome . I am enjoying this forum already.

Does anyone else not enjoy really sweet juices? A friend at work tried my juice after I told him I decided not to sweeten it with anything. He seems to prefer intense flavors and sweetness but I am enjoying DIY the most because I am so happy to not have that ā€œtoo sweetā€ taste I get from most premades.

If possible, I would like to see some recipies from people like myself that like only the sweetness in the flavors already with out the extra added sweeteners. Sucralose in all things, like even drinks and food that are not labeled ā€œdietā€ or ā€œsugar freeā€ has been a real issue with me. It causes an awful itchy mouth and throat and even other parts of my body. I just canā€™t tolerate it.

2 Likes

Welcome to forum, enjoy stay :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to all the new ELR family members, and no you donā€™t have to kiss my ring.

3 Likes

My suggestion would be to find people who mix things you like and follow them. Then find people they follow who mix like you like and follow them, too.

Iā€™m with you. I donā€™t want any sweetener other than what I get from the flavors and VG. A lot of the ā€œveteranā€ mixers donā€™t use sweeteners either and I find that the more experience people get, the less they find they need a sweetener. Itā€™s not a fast rule, obviously everyone is different in what they like.

10 Likes

Hello everyone, l have been on ELR about a week now and love this forum. The great people ladies and gentleman on here are awesome and highly competent in DIY eliquids and l have learnt so much from you in the week l have been on here. I am in Australia Adelaide and have been vaping for 3 1/2 years no cigarettes and finally about to start DIY eliquids.
Thank You to EVERYBODY and nice to meet you! :grinning: :clinking_glasses: :beers:

15 Likes

Welcome aboard @Flavour_Clouds :grin: and good luck in your DIY endeavour :facepunch:
Glad to have you herešŸ˜‰

7 Likes

Thank You :grinning: :facepunch:

7 Likes

Welcome, @Flavour_Clouds :balloon:

5 Likes