Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Hello fellow vaporers. My name is Ian (a.k.a. BlueDragon) & I’m 40 years old & from Louisiana & I’ve been vaping for about 2 years now. Just last year I got into more of the advanced stuff & bought my first RBA & box mod, wich was the Orchid tank & the Cloupor T8 box mod & started building my own coils. through many failed attemps & designing & building my own jig, I finally have gotten better, but, by far, not the best. Now I am taking on a whole new adventure in mixing my own juices, with plenty of failed mixes & undoubtably plenty more. I have found this site in search of an easy to use e-juice calculator that may help me with my struggles & just seen that there is a forum & decided, what the heck, maybe I can learn from some outside sources. I have never been in or part of a forum so please excuse my ignorance & noobness. I am now using the black Kangertech sub-tank mini starter kit & I’m in love with it & just ordered the white one for my wife. So, if anyone has any views or suggestions on this set up, as well as build ideas, I will be happy to hear about them.

8 Likes

My wife & I were going through the same exact struggle. Now I’m mixing our own juices & we’re saving a butt load of money. I am now using the sub-tank mini as well & love it & just ordered one for my wife.

2 Likes

Welcome to the party!!

2 Likes

Sorry Folks, I have been here for a bit, and havent properly introduced myself, it was not my intent to be discourteous or inpolite, I just did not know about this thread.

I am an old opinionated man.

Been married 35 years come November, have 4 daughters, and 8 grandchildren. 1 died from SIDS.

Spent almost 30 years in the US Army. 15 as an army brat, and another 15 serving myself. And yeah, if you are a member of a military family, you are serving too.

Smoked for about 45 years, since about 11 or 12. Found a pack of Pall Malls in one of dads Army K-rations. Been a 3 PAD smoker the last 25 years.

Have been a vaper since Jan/ Feb, and am now looking to save some money ( well trying ) :smile: by mixing my own eJuices.

Some people think I am a grizzly bear, and I guess I can be, but am really a big teddy bear.

Have already enjoyed my stay here, and feel like I am/ have made some friends, hope to find some more.

Last thing, one of my lifes mottos is, "you only get to pick 2 sorts of people in your life, a spouse, and your friends ", so I do not call people my friends too lightly …

So thanks everyone for sharing your DIY secrets and info, and I hope I can get good enough, so that I can return the favor and pass it on.

7 Likes

so how bout u didn’t just serve you and yours but I wanna thank you for serving me and mine!!! so just a small thanks from me and mine… I really really appreciate what uguys have done for us!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations on quitting of the cigarettes & welcome. I am new here & new to the whole forum thing, but, so far, everyone here has been nice & do not try to belittle the newbs. My deapest sympothy to your loss & many thanks for your comitment to our country.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Im Chase from sunny Blackpool UK.

Been vaping for around 2 years and just started getting in to DIY a month ago

Done a typical me thing and just ordered around 30 concentrates from Chefs Vapour along with a magnetic hotplate mixer from ebay

Love the confectionery flavours especially Banilla Custard.

Vape on a subtank plus 0.5 ohm DIY coils with a Cfiber 100w battery

Looking forward to chatting with you all. and sharing recipes. Not yet created anything original of my own yet but love experimenting so once I have something worth sharing I will add to the site.

Massive thanks to everyone for sharing recipes. Had a few attempts of vanilla custard & Banilla and quite pleased with the results.

8 Likes

You’ll soon be churning them out like the rest of us really soon! It’s addictive.

3 Likes

Greetings! Finally signed up after reading and using the recipe calculator for months. I have grown tired of printing recipes out and misplacing them.

I’m a DIYer in everything from plumbing & misc home improvement to making my own soap and other bath & body products, incense, etc., so ejuice is another fun and money saving thing for me.

My name is Julie and that’s about all for now! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

8 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. Let us know if you need anything, but from what it sounds look you’ll probably teach us a thing or two! :wink:

2 Likes

thats AWESOME Bro!!!

2 Likes

Hi every everyone my name is mikel live in texas been here on ELR since feb decided i would hang out with Y’ALL i write like i think no cap no periods and slow so just bee in polite smil in and hang in out

5 Likes

Hello Everyone :slight_smile:
Well lemme see here, I’m trying to quit the cigarettes AGAIN .
5 years ago my wife and I quit with 1st generation Ego’s (tornados) from t. wicked.
Quickly I started making all our own eliquid. Then my bipolar issues kicked in and I started smoking.
fast foward
To a few a month ago & I bought a 50 watt I stick & subtank…
Now temperature control has my interest my Vape mail showed up with a ipv3 li :-0
Wouldn’t ya know there’s not a smidgen of nickel wire to be bought around my area.

Sad thing is I'm down from 3 packs a day to just under one.

I know if I pressure myself it’ll backfire on me.

Well that's all folks =-O
7 Likes

welcome awesome place to b

Hello,
being a 2 packer a day for almost two and a half decades, I now only vape. I started over 4 years ago and I love it.
I’m from Greece and it seems I’m one of the few non native English speakers here.
I begun mixing my own DIY’s almost from the beginning but lack the organisation most of you seem to have. I never use recipes, just mix with the eye and rarely use labels. Yes, I know… it’s a mistake, but keeps my nose alert. :smile: I even mix my own base, since I purchase bottles of 0 mg and 40mg or lesser to make 6mg base.
Having found my vape Holy Grail in hardware, now it’s time to focus on the pleasure given by a fine ejuice and perfect my chef skills.
Forums are a great help. When I started vaping, I was the only one vaper I knew. :smile: There weren’t any ecig shops around then, I could only order online and I found all the help I needed from our Greek ecig forum. Now it’s time to seek help to improve my DIYs and this forum is a treasure of knowledge for ejuices and recipes. I read a lot and already mixed a few fine DIYs you generously shared. Not forget to mention the friendly atmosphere and you kind people.Thanks a lot.

10 Likes

I’m from the Netherlands and would like to apologise for all the bullshit that your country is getting. Just want to let you know that in spite of what is being said in the media, there is a lot of support for the people of Greece from common folk. I wish you all good luck and fortune.

Sorry everybody for a non-vaperelated post!

5 Likes

Hello everybody I’m Mr.Doyle here to discover some delicious flavors, have not been disappointed. Vapeing some other users recipes already and I must say Mmm Mmm Mmm yummy.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Mr. D… I’m happy you found us and that you’re having a good experience. Hang around cause it only get better from here.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m new here and started vaping 2 month ago, it was so easy to quit smoking yeah​:+1:t2::smiley: In the meantime cigarettes are horrible stinky for me…
I ordered many flavours from TFA and the recipes I find here, a big thank you!!!
I cannot use nicotine because it’s not available and not importable where I live, but I don’t care anymore and just enjoy the flavor vape😃

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR Forum… If you need any help just ask. There are a few dozen willing to give you a hand. It sucks that you can’t get nic. I hear eliquid tastes better without it anyway.

3 Likes