Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Welcome @Obi-Wan and @CraigC !

1 Like

I guess I should post up here since Iā€™m new here. My nameā€™s Pat and Iā€™ve been vaping exclusively since Oct 2014. I originally quit smoking using Swedish snus back in 2010 and stayed off the smokes for a couple of years until my job as a auto tech got me started dual using.

After a couple of months dual using I realized that, while the snus completely staved off the nicotine desire I couldnā€™t get passed the hand to mouth habit, so I started looking at cig-a-likes and picked up a 510, and later upgrade to a Rive510. After I got the cig-a-like, I realized the favor was weak, so I took up DIYing. six months later I was sicked of the constant charging and weak vapor and went back to using snus exclusively.

Fast forward a couple of years and after running out of snus one day, I broke down and started smoking again. I smoked about half the pack and realized how disgusting it was and couldnā€™t finish the pack. I started looking at vaping again and ordered a VW mod and a bottle of juice. Tje price on that one bottle was more then I was willing spend on a regular basis, so I ordered up a bunch of DIY supplies and got back into DIYing again, and I havenā€™t stopped yet!

8 Likes

Welcome @phager ! Pat congratulations on quitting the death sticks! We hope you enjoy ELR as much as the rest of us.:grinning:

1 Like

Gā€™day gang! This is a re-introduction to someā€¦ & an introduction to othersā€¦ to many others it would seem. Amazing what can happen in such a seemingly short space of time!..Turn ya back for 5 minutes (ā€¦well okā€¦5 months), & the village turns into a metropolis!
The handleā€™s vonTrueso but you can call me Pete, Peter ā€¦or what ever you like! I live near Melbourne, Australia. I first joined ELR a little over a year ago in Aug '15, having quit the stinkies 3 months before that - it was May 28. I stumbled on ELR as a result of my youtube quest for vaping knowledge - I saw a vid of some guy spruking the benefits of diy. Knowing absolutely nothing about diy at the time, he pricked my interest, so I googled ā€œe-juice recipesā€ to see what I could makeā€¦& here I am! ā€¦or, there I was.
For those that remember me from thenā€¦ Iā€™m baack!.. Sorry I just kinda fell off the map!.. Wasnt because of any of you wonderful folk, or this wonderful place - I just got hit by a few of lifes curve-balls - all at once - fortunately, generally speaking, not bad ballsā€¦quite good balls actually, but they saw all my priorities change & spare time evaporate in an instant (- alas, 1 or 2 stories for another day perhaps). Things are now starting to settle down a bit so I hope to spend at least a little time here on the forum from now on. Iā€™m looking forward to a chat & offering advise (for what its worth lol) where I can. Great to be back! Cheers, Pete.

9 Likes

Welcome, @phager , and welcome back, @vonTrueso (I think Iā€™ve started chillinā€™ here since you stopped, but welcome back nonetheless :wink: )!

3 Likes

Welcome and hello to everyone old and new. Iā€™ve been lurking about a month but started peeking from the shadows about a week ago I think? You can call me Z or Zombie or Hobbit or anything really. I posted a huge essay in the Quit Smoking topic. The short version is, Mom of two boys, both vape and taste test for me ( they would vape sock sweat though I think) and four cats, Gran to two boys. Thatā€™s all I can think of to say right now, lol.

6 Likes

Welcome @phager and @Z_Hobbit and welcome back @vonTrueso! Glad you gentlemen and lady are here!

3 Likes

Welcome @Z_Hobbit ! Welcome back @vonTrueso !

2 Likes

@phaser, @vonTrueso, and @Z_Hobbit
Welcome to you all! Glad you found your ways here!

Also, Congrats on quitting tobacco!

2 Likes

@CraigC @Obi-Wan @phager @vonTrueso @Z_Hobbit welcome aboard people, best forum on earth, be prepared to spend all your hard earned trying to keep up with this lot lol
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::money_mouth::ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Tom, 32 years old father off 4 and enlisted in the local army (Belgium).
Been lurking around here for a few days so probably about time for introductions.
I picked up a cheap vaper 13 days ago (just got q16 starter kit), and havenā€™t touched a cigarette since which is quiet remarkable for me since i smoked 40 to 50 a day. Since then i constantly harassed google and YouTube for any info i could find about vaping. Conclusion i wanted beter gear and better juice, so i have ordered an iStick pico, a serpent mini, coils,cotton,batteries etc for the gear part. Juice seemed to expensive except the bland or horribly tasting stuff Iā€™m vaping right now, and then i found diy and this amazing resource. Offcourse that meant hitting the credit card again, to order some suppliesšŸ˜Ž. Got a few off them in just before the weekend, and mixed a first batch yesterday. Just some simple strawberry/vanilla bean gelatto mix, as a s&v it was bland with just a hint of vanilla but hey it was vapeable so Iā€™m not complaining will have another taste in a few days maybe after some steeping it will turn out half decent fingers crossed.

Already learned a lot here and from diyordie youtube/facebook and kreeds fb group, so thx alot for that and I hope that in a couple of months Iā€™ll be pay it back. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll get some practice because we made the switch with seven people and it looks like Iā€™m the only one interested to mix but all are interested in being my guineapigs haha.

11 Likes

Congrats on quitting and welcome! Iā€™m very new as well. The best advice I ever got was to try some unflavored juice. Itā€™s obviously VERY bland but a little sweet and not as unpleasant as it sounds. It helps to gauge the effect a certain flavor is having. Also, when using tanks to taste test and switching to a new flavor, running small amount of unflavored through the coil first can help you see the true nature of the new flavor. Best of luck! Yes I will be a guinea pig happily once I get a better stock of flavors, lol.

1 Like

hey Tom, welcome to the best Vaping community on the planet, good to have you :wink::+1:

This post was put up the other day and is a very valuable piece for information on starting mixing.
give it a read dude :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Tom. Any questions, just ask away. Youā€™ll get tons of help here from really nice people.

3 Likes

Greetings -

My name is Scott and have been vaping for about 5 years. Started making my own juice 2 years ago. I liked Arnies Peaches and Cream that I purchased and found a good recipe that I have been vaping. I recently started looking for my favorite Gambit and found a clone here. I purchased the flavors from TPA and just made my first batch. Couldnā€™t wait to steep so I loaded it in my Smok TFV4 on top of my IPV5. have been using TC for the last 6 months or so. Previously used a Lava tube with Aspire tank and before that a cigarette type ecigā€¦ Definitely like the Smoke tank and Ti coils. The IPV5 works pretty good but always interested in better flavor and more clouds.

Thanks to yaā€™ll for being here. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome Scott!

Welcome Scott. Your in the right place. :sunglasses:

Welcome Scott! Get comfy and holler if you have any questions! Thereā€™s a lot of knowledgeable folks about!

1 Like

Hello all.

My name is James, Iā€™m from Vancouver Canada , and Iā€™ve been vaping since 2012. I started diy about 2 months ago. I had taken a crack at it a few years back with pretty bad resultsā€¦but now Iā€™ve better stocked up my arsenal of flavours and lab equipment, and Iā€™m very pleased with some of my results. Building coils and General vape stuff has been a small hobby of mineā€¦but is now evolving into something greater than me, lol. I love it all, I almost like organizing most. Thinking of flavours that could be paired, all of it! Iā€™ve been working as a cook/chef for 16 years, working in some of vancouvers top restaurants and hotels. Food is not just my passion, but my life. This new obsession fits perfectly with my other obsession. Oh, and Iā€™m very greatfull to have found ELR, such a great resource, and helpful community! When I talk about this stuff with my wife, itā€™s like talking to a brick wall.

8 Likes

Welcome new people!! :grin:

3 Likes