Best chocolate concentrate?

Gotta say the MF chocolates (I’ve tried dark and light) taste like Swiss chocolate to me . Miles ahead of our cheapo British chocolate, I’ve never tried American chocolate, so can’t compare with that, though. But, from what I hear, I tend to get the impression that it’s even more cheapo than our substandard Brit stuff

EDIT: apolgies! :Looks like I said almost exact same thing, same thread, November '18. I think this whole thread is going round in circles now, though. And the point surely bears repeating :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes. I like Swiss miss. Lol

6 Likes

All of FLV chocolates too are excellent…
no burning no rubber tire effects…
unless you want to add some with your car or truck! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Absolute best chocolate I use in mixes is 0.5% MF Dark Chocolate and 0.4% FLV Milk Chocolate. It comes out absolutely heavenly in anything I’ve used it in so far. Anyone who is worried about wasting money on MF should open their wallets, you won’t regret it, I promise.

11 Likes

Since this thread is once again on this side of the grass I just wanted to mention and give smilies to FA.Their Chocolate and Cocoa really surprised me. Most FA fans prolly already know this but…by themselves the flavors are kind of meh. But put them together (I don’t take credit for this) at a 2:1 ratio and you get a nice, convincing chocolate liqueur. Choc @1% and Cocoa @0.5% does the trick.

10 Likes

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can anybody give me some advice on Molinberry Glamour Chocolate please?
I bought it a while ago after reading a lot of praise for it but unfortunately I don’t agree.
In fact I’d almost go as far as to say I think it’s terrible and tastes nothing like chocolate to me.
Perhaps I received a dodgy bottle or something?

I broke my own rule too and ordered a 30ml bottle as I was sure going from all the opinions that I was going to enjoy it.

Perhaps I mixed at the wrong percentage?
I mixed it at 7% and it’s been steeping for nearly a month now.

Can anybody tell me if they’ve tried it as a single flavour at the same percentage and their thoughts please?

Or perhaps I’m the only human being that doesn’t like it as that’s where my decision seems to be going.

5 Likes

You’re not alone, though 7% for a SFT is a bit high for this one. I tested it a while ago and didn’t find that it screamed greatness like some Molinberry concentrates do (I always have their Ash Cigar, Green Tea and Latakia on hand).

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice.
Perhaps I should try it at a lower percentage then.

Not wanting to change direction but I’ve looked at Ash Cigar many times but never tried it.
Obviously a winner for you.

3 Likes

It does add a smoky and ashy note that many others don’t. I’ve revisited a fair few cigar concentrates recently, though a long way to go in covering the whole lot. It certainly doesn’t have the character of RY with added smoke that many TPA cigar concentrates do.

3 Likes

I recently acquired chocolate glamour. Basically no chocolate taste. A disappointment.
So far, after trying more than a dozen chocolates, Chocolate Deutsch (Flavorah) remains firmly in the lead.

Edit :Pointing out that I haven’t tried the MF chocolate that most praise.

7 Likes

I’ve had fairly good success with MB’s Glamour Chocolate, but despite trying about every chocolate out there, hands down the winner has remained Medicine Flower’s Dark Chocolate.

One of the MOST impressive manipulations of this stellar flavor, as always, belongs to @Pro_Vapes.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say Glamour is a must have, but i find it useful in mixes. It’s a 7/10 for me (i use it in between 0.75-1.5% and never as the only chocolate in a mix) and i probably wouldn’t buy it again. Since talking about Molinberry, their White Chocolate is very good and i wonder why it’s not used more often (and their Smore Marshmallow Brownies too).

My best chocolate is Cookies and Cream SC RF, exceptional flavor that never disappoints and it always improves any choco recipe, 10.1/10 and Chocolate Mousse VTA, a solid 9/10. I had MF and it was pretty good, but i’m just not a MF fan. The old Milk Chocolate INW was very good too, Milk Chocolate FLV is meh, Chocolate Deutsch FLV is completely unuseful for me because of the offnote i get, Nanaimo Bar WF is good, Cocoa WF is garbage (plastic offnote, but i haven’t used it a lot) and i’m not a fan of Shisha Chocolate Hazelnut or Shisha Brandy & Cocoa INW.

5 Likes

Perhaps the most valuable lesson (reminder) of the whole incident IMO.

Personally I wasn’t impressed at all with glamor chocolate. It’s ‘fair’, in that it can be used as a supporting flavor (with other chocolates), but on its own, it just doesn’t cut it.

I think reviews (and cumulative popular opinion) are good for getting the general idea of how a flavor can present. But the reality always comes down to the same thing: personal testing.

I thought it was best suited around 3-4% as a solo flavor (on my hardware)… But again, ended up with the above opinion.

As for best in class (chocolate), both of those are no longer available.

• MF Dark Chocolate (which was clear originally, as per PV’s notes)
  • Inawera Milk Chocolate (which was reformulated years ago now)

MF dark chocolate is still really good (whatever the variant that RivSup had is), but I still haven’t found anything to replace the original Ina with (which was my hands down favorite).

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for your advice and opinions.

I’ve persisted with it but am very quickly arriving at the conclusion that it’s just not for me. I can’t quite put my finger on the reason why apart from the fact that I just don’t taste chocolate and don’t like whatever the hell it does taste of.
I’m stubborn and when I test a flavour that I perceive as being popular I try and ascertain why, especially when I disagree.
Glutton for punishment I suppose. Although it’s not quite as objectionable as it appeared on my initial testing it’s definitely not for me as a single flavour and am hoping to steal some recipe ideas to find a use for it. I do now suspect I mixed it too high and am thinking I will try it again at 3-4% sometime in the future.

To be honest I’m glad I’m not alone in my opinions and appreciate the replies.
Personally I think one of the reasons why ELR is so valuable is that vapers/mixers are willing and able to post their individual experiences and opinions on flavours whilst not having any agenda.
An example being is that if I had read these few posts prior to buying Glamour Chocolate I would have believed them and not bothered buying it.

Thanks again.

7 Likes

If you can get VT chocolate mousse is a winner with good body as well as taste.

8 Likes

@Gazza7 once you can rule out too low, or too high flavoring, there are just some flavors, that don’t work for everyone.

7 Likes

Yeah thanks.
I do actually have VT chocolate mousse and whilst personally I believe it’s far superior to glamour chocolate I didn’t think it was the best I have.
Nothing wrong with it but unfortunately nothing that made me think it was anything special either.

Thanks for the thoughts though.

6 Likes

I see most of my input would be the same as already previously posted.

My favourite by a long shot.

Not horrid but I have since found better combinations. VT Chocolate Mousse paired with MF Dark Chocolate is my go to. VT Dark Chocolate is ok and helps the mousse but not to the same level as MF.

9 Likes