Best VG company?

I have no harshness in mine. I did go with the Nude Armor v2 that’s vacuum sealed. Don’t know if that made a difference. I’ve gone through one 120ml 100mg/ml 100% VG bottle and working on my second. Love the self-resealing syringe dispensing. No worries about spills ever! No worries about accidental oxidation either. Works very well for me but I only use Hobbyist volumes of the stuff at 3mg. Cost might be a concern if I was using large volumes, but I get 120 30ml bottles out of each of those containers. That’s plenty for my personal use and sharing.

hahah ok, my bad - I was inattentive - he just answered my post about not knowing what to do about 15 liters :smiley:

I thought it would last me at least a year. Everything’s relative I guess.

For me 3 gallons of VG and a gallon of PG would seriously push the limits of the shelf life.

Mine is nude armor as well, I got it specifically because I use so little. Do you remember if you got a batch from their more recent “best ever” nic delivery.

According to Grant at Nicotine River though, it sounds like DOT is going to start playing hardball, especially with glass packaging, so Nude Armor may just become unaffordable. It may be cheaper for people like me to just buy small bottles and throw most of it out.

I also wanted to tap @LordVapor, he sent me some juice and his nic is also slightly less harsh than mine. That said, mine is mixed a 4% and the others at 3% I believe. . .kinda hard to believe I could tell that difference, although it is a 25% difference. Hmmmm.

1 Like

I have bought all of my Nicotine from Heartland. I have yet to get bad nic from them. But my next order will come from Nicotine River I think just so I can try it out.

2 Likes

You may want to check into a Palm Based VG…

2 Likes

I’m getting ready to shoot on a gallon of VG from Nicotine River - Good Stuff right? Better than essential depot or same?

I have never bought VG from Nicotine River. I have some wvsanta sent me that is steeping. It tasted pretty good is all I can say right now. I plan to buy a bunch of Nic here in a few weeks from Nicotine River. I am trying to hold out as long as I can to buy my nic in case I can’t get it any more starting in July. When I do I will order some VG from them as well.

1 Like

I just shot on 500ML of Nic and a Liter of VG to try them out. Everyone has been talking about them so I wanted to try them. The Michigan company makes really good stuff. I will compare when I get it and report back.

I’ve been sort of hoarding nicotine. I have it in a dark cool place in the basement. I’m not real worried about the VG.

1 Like

I have probably a gallon of nic in my freezer. I think from here on out I am going to buy PG based nic because I hear it stores better.

1 Like

I wish I could, I cant tolerate very much PG. It burns my lungs so I must be allergic to it.

1 Like

What’s the difference between soy and palm derived vg?

1 Like

Palm is nice. Thin and sweet.

3 Likes

The main difference is the palm derived is sweeter, then the coconut derived [close to palm], then the soy, not that many could tell any difference. The VG gives better cloud vapors, the PG gives more throat hit [to help resemble smoking cigarettes]…so…if you are a serious cloud of vapor lover, get deep into sub-ohm devices, you can tell a bigger difference in your VG.

On the other hand, if you are concerned about the rain forest, some people stay away from the palm VG because they are clear-cutting the rain forest to get most of it. There are a few alternatives to get good palm VG that are certified with the Rain Forest Alliance and sustainable farming.

5 Likes

@VapeyMama …in addition to what was said on the comments just before this one, I can share my experience with Palm Based VG…For me the difference between the two is like drinking tap water (soy) vs drinking spring water (palm based) … I find that fruit vapes taste brighter with palm based …and because it is a bit sweeter, it can be very nice for dessert/bakery type vapes…and also it allows one to use less sweetener in recipes that may require a sweetener…So for those who use Cotton Candy aka Ethyl Maltol for sweetening, they can use a little less, which in turn will translate into less muting of flavor (which is what EM is notorious for)…It is not overpowering as a sweetner, ie it won’t take over a recipes’ flavor profile…For those who mix Max VG, there is a distinct advantage in the Palm based VG, as it is also a bit thinner and better flowing…translating into virtually no requirement to use distilled water or any other thinner to enhance wicking…allowing a more liberal use of VG in ones’ recipe…One last thing…due to its’ thinner viscosity, there is no need to heat the VG in order to assist with blending with flavors, and steeping is thorough, as it doesn’t thicken up upon sitting in the bottle during the steeping process…I steep naturally, without the use of speed-steep techniques, so for me, there is no chance that I am going to degrade my flavorings or lose the bright/high notes of fruits through the use of heat…

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the info!

1 Like

You’re welcome… :slight_smile:

I have been using Nicotine River since they showed up on ELR.
The flavoring is priced right, and I love the 60ml ‘bullet’ bottles, especially with the twist cap that also comes with them.

The VG may not be the cheapest [$$$] but the quality is super. It is palm derived, and really sweet. I was sure I read that NR palm VG was part of the Rain Forest sustainable farming Alliance, or Grant mentioned it, but I couldn’t find it on the website, so I called them. After the call was over, 10 minutes later I get a call from Sam, their head chemist, and he explained it all to me. He even went to their supplier and got all the specifics before he called me. Their customer service is second to NONE, and has been also on the few times I had questions before. I know they are busy, but they always take the time for my little world.

I buy their nicotine in the 150ml bottles. Perfect size to use, perfect size/shape to fit in the freezer, and I can keep all but one factory sealed. The bottle has a foil seal on the 1.25" mouth. I still use a syringe for my nic, and I just poke a small hole in the foil and draw it out, and there is hardly any air that gets in the bottle. I can usually get 90% of the nic out before I need to open the foil more. Just keep using the same small hole.
I mix on a magnetic stirrer, and I add my nic last, and I don’t use any heat, ever. The friction increases the mix from room temperature to about 105F when I shut it off. I have mixed many things with magnetics for 50 years, so mixing e-juice with it was just natural to me. I put the nic on top, and can watch it gently mix in, and since it (nic) is heat sensitive, this way it gently heats as it blends in. The first thing I noticed when I switched to NR nicotine is how easily it blends into the rest of the batch…not blotchy or swirly like the others I have used. Never harsh, always smooth, and with their VG it just works right together.

4 Likes

We really appreciate the kind words my friend! Sam says 'Call whenever with questions! :)" Thank you again my friend!

2 Likes

You…all of you…have earned them.
Good thing Jody is there, crackin’ the whip, eh?
God bless you.

1 Like