Beta Testing New Flavors :D

Actually ha… That is releasing in the next week :smiley:

2 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors do you only sell through online distributors? Or are you available in any Detroit area brick and mortar shops?

Very soon I am hoping. DIY in Waterford and I are still talking but as of yet none in the area. Where are you near? I have a couple stores that have show interest but I have been hesitant on releasing them to not DIY knowledgeable shops.

I’m in Dearborn Heights. Waterford is the one I was wondering about. Nothing by me would be worth it that I’ve seen.

Brad mixed his all @ 5% says starting should probably double it to around 10% so the bottle suggestion seems to be accurate.

Id really love a Nilla Wafer, tons of cookies out there and no Nilla Wafer. It baffles me… hehe

@Walt_RealFlavors is it fair to say that since these flavorings are VG based that without using heat, which i never do, they will take longer to fully homogenize when mixed? Perhaps adding a couple weeks to curing times?

I am absolutely fine with that, btw. One thing i have learned since i started a few years ago is patience. Before i started mixing i literally had only one patience…

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [Help] Making Chreese Crown by Graeters Ice Cream Co

Gottem all mixed, mixed @ 8% except molasses which i mixed @ 7%. Ill holler back when they have cured a bit.

3 Likes

Initially I mixed all of the flavors from the beta pack at 5% with the exception of the Molasses which I mixed at 2%. After a 48 hour steep, I have started to taste test the flavors, and adjust the flavor percentages up as needed. All mixes are 7ml in PET needle dropper bottles, straight VG with VG based nic at 6mg/ml. NO PG is present in these mixes. Below I will list my findings as I work my way through the flavors.
NOTES:

Z-2389 Peach
A very realistic sweet juicy peach. Of all the peach flavors I have in my stash, this is the single most realistic.
5% was weak but present. Upping the percentage to 10% sealed the deal. Great flavor. I also have the non beta (original) peach, but haven’t done a side by side comparison with it. I need to do that since I suspect this will be an updated version of that flavor.

Z-2209 SCM (Sweetened Condensed Milk)
This is a delight. Light, creamy, sweet dairy that uses Butyric Acid for some or all of it’s dairy component that DOES NOT taste or smell like pig vomit! Amazing flavor Walt! I’m still floored that it actually has BTA in it at all! I will use this flavor in place of my normal milk base without hesitation. I typically use Dairy Milk TPA and Malted Milk TPA mixed for my milk bases. This is a no brainer to replace that. Very nice flavor.
I also increased this mix from 5% to 10% as I found 5% to be a bit weak. For a real milky flavor I could see going as high as 13 or 14 % with this one. I already have a few ideas How I will use this in future mixes. :slight_smile:

Z-2393 Root Beer (1)
At 5% the flavor was very mellow, but still very present. A very nice mug of A&W if you will. At 10% it turned into a full on Root Beer Barrel Candy! Delicious all the way around. This flavor mixed with VBIC of any brand would make a delicious Root Beer Float! Very balanced and very nice.

Z-2394 Root Beer (2)
This is similar to the first Root Beer with the exception of more sassafras. Very good, this is a brighter and more savory flavored Root Beer. Still VERY good. The Sassafras makes the flavor strong enough I didn’t feel the need to bump it to 10%. This is the flavor I would mix for a stand alone Root Beer mix. It isn’t as candy flavored as the first.

Z-2391 Pear 1
Mixed at 5% was too weak. I increased it to 10%. Sweet pear taste with some aromatic floral notes. I’ll let it steep some more and see where it goes.

Z-2392 Pear 2
Increased to 10% before I even tasted it. Glad I did. This is spot on to a cooked (poached or stewed) pear. Wonderful flavor. A bit candied, as if sugar was added to the pan. Very nice flavor. I prefer this to 2391.
This has a very prominent floral note to it. Very nice.

Z-1986 Honeydew 1
I was intrigued by the Honeydew flavors. Honeydew melon has such a subtle flavor, that it must be very difficult to replicate it. It is even difficult to use words to describe the flavor of honeydew unless you use the words “sweet and juicy” in place of what a flavor may be. I’ll give it a go in describing the RF beta offerings.

This flavor. I get sweet and juicy. I also get a bit of floral at 5%. The flavor is very subtle at this percentage. Much like honeydew itself. Increasing to 10% removed the subtleties and brought it more up front. There is a bit of dryness to the hit at 10% as well.

Z-1987 Honeydew 2
This one I prefer. It is more accurate to my palate memory as to what honeydew tastes like. There is a slight earthiness that melon brings, this has it. Very good flavor. 10% it still keeps it subtle, but just more…juicy and sweet.

For Powdered Sugar, Meringue and Meringue 2 I increased the flavor to 10% to help me and my tired palate make more accurate assessment to the flavors.

Z-2005 Powdered Sugar.
This is a supporting flavor. As a standalone, it adds a lightness, dryness and sweetness to my liquid base. I can see this working well as a supporting role to sweeten …any thing. Not sugary, but gives the effect of sweetening. Besides that, not much to report here.

Z-1983 Meringue
Light, fluffy, sweet, eggy perfect. This is probably the best interpretation of meringue I have tasted that isn’t actually meringue sitting on top of a pie.

Z-1984 Meringue 2
This is very similar to Meringue 1 but is a much heavier meringue. Not so light, not so fluffy. Still good. But for my palate, Z-1983 is the winner.

Z-20126 Banana
Barely a hit of flavor at 5%. At 10% I’m getting it. Banana, and not very ripe. A little green in there. Tasty, but not the banana I want on a banana split or in banana nut bread. Good, but not my idea of a banana flavor that I want to taste. Very true to the flavor though.

Z-2004 Molasses
Spot on molasses with a bit of sorghum there. At 2% was pretty weak. Took it straight to 7%. VOILA! Great flavor. This will go perfectly in a Pecan Pie mix I am working on.

Z-2388 White Chocolate
I saved this one for last. I am a chocolate SNOB. To date, there has not been one chocolate vape that has done a dang thing for me. I am looking forward to this. If it is as impressive as the rest of the line up, my hopes are that it is.

Sorry Walt, this one doesn’t do it for me. :frowning: dangit
I’ll retest it with a fresh palate later.

In summary, the bulk of the beta offering are to say the least OUTSTANDING flavors. I mix to accurate flavor. To me, clouds are an after effect of delivering great flavor. The tanks and RDAs I use are for flavor chasing. The ones I prefer anyway.
The only problem I see…is that I am going to need more shelf space in my man cave to house a LOT more flavors…from Real Flavors.
On to the 36 flavor sample pack to test more.

Bon Vapetite

8 Likes

I am too, i have been sitting here smelling it since he told us it had BTA in it and my brain/olfactory connection is either broken or Walt is a true wizard. I cant wait for these flavors to cure for a bit…

2 Likes

Thank you all for testing and feedback! Helping me make my list of flavors I want to try :slight_smile:

1 Like

So bummed…Mine just arrived a few minuets ago and what a mess. 4 of the bottles we not tight juice all over the inside of the box labels fallen off, not sure how I will identify the correct flavors :disappointed: but on the bright side the box smells great.

1 Like

Scrambled Eggs or Some kind of vegi omlete :slight_smile:

Thats a bummer to hear. :frowning:

A couple of the labels had fallen off mine as well but my sniffer was able to identify them and put the labels on the proper bottles, with tape.

I think I have them sorted out but both the root beer flavors lost there labels, so I’m guessing really. And after reading what @bradslinux described about the peach I’m extra bummed, I lost 3/4 of that flavor.

That is a real bummer. Maybe i can help just a bit.

1986 Honeydew is the brighter of the two, very honeydew smell
1984 Meringue has a more potent smell of the two
2393 Root Beer is the bolder smelling of the two, 2394 almost has a hint of anise
Sweetened Condensed Milk is the darkest

Hope that helps just a bit.

Thanks i had them backward :ok_hand:

1 Like

I was lucky I guess. I had a few bottles leak a bit, but no labels came off. A couple where about to. Best smelling box ever. :wink:

I have to find a better way of shipping those!

Thank you for your reviews above!

Most welcome. What good is a beta test without feedback. Glad to be a part of it.

2 Likes

FYI - the entries in the Flavors List I’m finding for RF are PG based so they’re not getting entered correctly. @daath @JoJo

2 Likes