Beta Testing New Flavors :D

Double his salary! :wink:

Tonight I get to mix! I said earlier that Iā€™d do 1 of each at 5%, but I think Iā€™m gonna go big and start with 10% on each (still 30/70 P/V tho). Can always thin them out with unflavored later.

I donā€™t know why everyone elseā€™s leaked. Mine are all good, though everything smelled like pears when I opened the box. My only complaint is I prefer dropper bottles so as to not need to rinse syringes or pipettes. Iā€™d think theyā€™d be cheaper and easier to ship too, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™re are a few folks out there who think the glass vials are the beeā€™s knees, so it is what it is.

1 Like

Did not shake and vape as I was pretty wiped out by the time I finished mixing everything but here are my <1 day steep notes (10% 30/70 @3mg). Testers were vaped on a dripper in TC mode until vapor production tapered off. Cotton changed out where noted.

2205 powdered sugar: Flavor isnā€™t there yet. Lightly sweet but I can still taste my base.
1983 meringue: Accurate flavor. I almost think I taste some coconut here, but maybe itā€™s because this flavor would work very well in a coconut meringue pie recipe.
1984 meringue: Flavor not quite there. May need more steeping.
2209 condensed milk: Never had straight condensed milk, but I could believe it would taste like this. Buttery sweet dairy with a hint of brown sugar? Pretty good! Just needs an authentic lime and pie crust for a nice key lime pie.
2004 molasses: Nice, authentic flavor.
ā€“dry burn & fresh cottonā€“
1986 honeydew: ā€œWhy does cantaloupe think every time it gets invited to a party it can bring its dumb friend honeydew?ā€ Slightly perfumey but Iā€™m not a big honeydew fan so take that with a grain of salt.
1987 honeydew: Little bit more melon flavor than the other honeydew. Iā€™m OK with this one. Might be nice in a mix with some other fruits.
20216 banana: Real banana flavor. Kind of green though, not super ripe. Might be some leftover honeydew on my cotton tho.
2391 pear: Slightly perfumey, but basically tastes like an anjou to me.
2392 pear: Flavor is a bit light but this one is more of a canned pears in syrup taste to me. Weird that this one is the ā€œrawā€ and the other is the ā€œcookedā€ - I would have guessed it was the opposite if I hadnā€™t just scrolled up and checked.
2389 peach: Itā€™s a bit light, but otherwise authentic tasting peach.
2393 root beer: A bit light. Root beer with a hint of licorice?
2394 root beer: Strong licorice note to this one. Numbers on my bottles donā€™t match Waltā€™s list above, but Iā€™m guessing this is the heavy sassafras?
2388 white chocolate: Not sure. Not really getting chocolate from this one.

Putting them up to steep more, thatā€™s all for now!

8 Likes

Still waiting on my small bottles to arrive from ECX but I think Iā€™m going to start with recipes instead of singles as well because I hate singles. I know they all smell divine and I canā€™t wait to play around! I did use that Molasses in a Molasses Tobacco thatā€™s steeping and I have to tell you this might be the best tasting dang tobacco vape Iā€™ve ever made. If I can get the bottle away from my mom I might vape some more LOL a real winner there btw.

TOCā€™S Molasses Tobacco : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/514679/TOC%27S+Molasses+Tobacco+

2% Caramel (FA)
1% caramel pear (HC)
2% Cream Fresh (FA)
2% Glory (FA)
6% Molasses (Real Flavors)
1.5% Sucralose

Flavor total: 14.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/45QA

3 Likes

Well zigz this is pretty spot on, i just spent the last hour tasting them all. I did not vape them in this particular order but listed them the same as zigz for easier viewing.

.2 ohms 316L 26g twisted single coil @ 35w on Plume Veils. All mixed @ 9% except molasses @ 6% cured for 4 days, i used a fresh setup on eat flavor.

2205 Powdered sugar - was very light but definitely tastes and smells like powdered sugar.
1983 meringue was very nice
1984 I couldnt really tell what was going on in this, to be honest. Added 2% more (11%) and will retest.
2209 Sweetened Condensed Milk - This is pretty damn good, i would purchase this as its flavor is very accurate.
2004 Molasses - Yum, very real molasses and came through nicely @ 6%
1986/87 Honeydew - I much prefer *87 i eat honeydew often and this was the meat of the honeydew while *86 has a bit of close to the rind flavor.
220216 Banana - As zigz said, very real banana not quite ripe. Smells perfect
2391- Pear - Very perfumey pear, i have smelled this before in Snake Oil? Nice flavor.
2392 Pear Cooked - I definitely get the taste of grannys canned pears, hers were always better than mine. I really liked this.
2389 Peach - 9% was a bit low for this one tho that could change with proper curing. Very nice peach, juicy and delicious. My wife loved this.
2393/94 Root Beer - I am in complete agreement with zigz on this one, the *94 is much stronger tasting on the anise smell and flavor. I would have liked a bit more vanilla in both of these. I do like the *94 a bit more, *93 is root beer barrel candies which is also very good. I feel a mix of these two would be very good and i am going to try exactly that.
2388 White Chocolate - I do get the white chocolate flavor in this one, it could have been mixed stronger and that is what i did, i added 3% more to bring it up to 12%. Nice creamy white chocolate but could have benefited from proper curing.

Really these should have been cured for at least a month for proper homogenization, VG flavorings need longer curing times or light heat but i dont use heat. I feel that i have been doing this long enough to know what they should and will taste like with proper curing. I am afraid that by the end my taste receptors were getting a little burned out.

Id like to thank @Walt_RealFlavors for the opportunity to test these Beta flavorings, some of them were very good and some were close but i enjoyed them all. I look forward to the next round

7 Likes

Great Feedback!
Thanks!

(Sorry I am a bit MIA as I finish up beta pack 2!)

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome. Thank you for 1983-meringue. I really hope that one goes live, as itā€™s a winner, IMO. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll have more feedback after steeping, maybe next weekend.

1 Like

So far with my limited testing Iā€™ve found the SCM to be extraordinary. The Peach is really good too. Others I know will be winners but time is limitedā€¦Iā€™ll be on a mission of discovery soonā€¦but gotta go to Denver this weekend so may be the following weekend.

I am curious though @Walt_RealFlavors. Why are the flavors so diluted that such a high percentage is needed in mixes? Do you have any plans of changing that, or any plans for any PG based flavors? One thing that has really spoiled me the past few months is using FLV, FA, INW and MF flavors. Itā€™s great to have a good mix with 5% total flavor!

3 Likes

I was thinking that it is a result of solubility in VG. All of the VG based flavorings that i have tried have required a bit higher %'s unless they contain a bit of PG. Ever try to dissolve koolada or menthol in VG? It will recrystallize or sludgify at around 25% but in PG there is no problem in the short term.

I quite like the SCM as well, i have some ideas for the rest of it. I have some of their other flavorings, bread pudding, cinn custard and V custard. Got them today and within minutes had testers mixed. If they taste as good when mixed as they do on a finger test i have found a new custard to use. And the bread pudding, wowā€¦

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder what the scoop is WRT to [acetoin/diacetyl/ap/wtfever is ā€œbadā€ for us this week] content?

3 Likes

Test results on are the site. i was a little nervous to get them as they contain none but they are very nice.

3 Likes

@Walt_RealFlavors - Man you nailed that Sassafras dude. I opened the bottle and I was transported back in time when I used to dig root for the old lady next door. I skipped wasting these on single flavors and went straight to mixing a recipe. I will let you know how it turns out.

Edit: and whoever you bought these labels from for your bottles go over and punch them right in the daddy parts. Every time I go to pick up a bottle I drag 5 more along for the ride lol.
No worries though :smiley:

3 Likes

LOL, i just taped them on.

Honestly i cant decide which root beer that i like more. They are both recipe worthy for different purposes.

3 Likes

I agree. I still think the recipe I shared with you needs to be sweeter. I donā€™t feel I am getting fatter vaping it yet.

2 Likes

ROFL! Nice. Perhaps Walt can come up with a better sweetener than plain sucralose.

2 Likes

You need to try this Pyure. It does a wonderful thing to recipes.

2 Likes

I am torn on this one. This summer I may release a line of what we would call Real Flavors PROā€¦ It would be raw alcohol based extracts where you would use .5% - 2% max.

My issue selling thoseā€¦ They go boomā€¦ Quite the flammable little vial. UPS tends not to like to find those in shipments ha.

3 Likes

Thanks man. Glad I could create something that brings back an emotional memory. I love when you pick something up and it triggers something.

3 Likes

I was saying in chat tonight that i am fine with the %'s required, i shied away from high % flavorings in the past because they were mostly PG based and i am PG sensitive. As these are VG based i am totally fine with it even if it adds a little to the cost/ml, im already saving a fortune. On top of that these are some of the best and most realistic flavorings i have purchased. This bread pudding is perfect as a stand alone i am excited to see what i can add to it to make it even more perfecter.

Holy crap, perfecter is a word!

4 Likes

Thanks Ken! That means a lot coming from you!

4 Likes

I really need to get the rest of your flavorings, im trying an executive order as we speak but congress is pushing for impeachment, hehe.

Im breaking out the mixing table in a bit and im going to play around with the %'s on the custards. So far WOW, and let me say that i have tried most of the custard on the market and liked only one, VC V1 (CAP), until now.

You sir are a master of your craft. These betas you sent out are better than what most companies sell. I should have listened to @Amy2 and Ab dada sooner.

5 Likes