BILLOW V2. what yall think of it?

Yeah so true!! Going to fit my old subtank with 24 g ss tomorrow and the mighty godzilla v2 might get triple ss contact coils. Just calculated the build and triple 3.0id 8 wrap should come in at 0.12 ohms. Going to be a fun day tomorrow :grinning:

2 Likes

Didnā€™t do neither :blush: been busy cleaning my smoker but managed to fit my Kennedy with ss coils. Now I love it even more

2 Likes

I got my kennedy yesterday. And i live this rda. Its well made. But i got mine from gearbest. In the pics and the description and pics they have. There was no name on it, the bottom of the addy was blank. When i receved it 5 weeks later lol. It did have kennedy on both tops. And made in usa with the sariel number. Way better then i was expecting. This thing is amazing

3 Likes

Liked the Billow v2 so much that I ordered the v2 Nano as wellā€¦havenā€™t built it up yet, but notice the chimney looks not only shorter but wider as well.

4 Likes

I keep 4 of the V2 Nanos in my daily rotation! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The nano with the @Pro_Vapes mod is pretty much my favorite atty. It has everything. I have two, may need a second bellusā€¦itā€™s just so hard to build, so it could end up as a third nano.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had my billow v2 for about a month now. And it is my go to tank everyday. Then my steam crave Aromamizer, then my crown on all 3 mods. Love them all. But the billow is my top pick

2 Likes

Still havenā€™t tried that, removing that inner sleeve, but I do know I loathe titanium in this tank. Ti has straight up muted every juice Iā€™ve tried in this tank yetā€¦and Iā€™m pretty much convinced I do not like ti what so ever, BUT will try it over and over again to be certainā€¦but it doesnā€™t work for me in v2.

Iā€™d bet your problem is wicking. Pop that inner sleeve out and let that thing eat! If you end up not liking it, there are plenty on here including me that would be interested in it.

1 Like

I like the tank, not digging the tiā€¦have a 316L build in the Nano now and Iā€™m quite liking itā€¦will try both without the sleeve next, just getting a feel for stock atm.

Iā€™ve read a lot a good things about the tank, especially since the centre shaft have been shortened, it adds to the flavour.

However I canā€™t validate this myself, strongly considering it for my next tank over my Kanger Subtank Mini.

Are you cleaning your wire first? I know people that claim to taste the various wires, but that has never been me, provided it is clean. Out of curiosity what brands of wire are you using?

not doubting your conclusions or anything, just trying to help. I have some super high grade Ti. If you want I can send you some to try. The stainless I have tried has been great, but I think Iā€™ve told you before that I try to avoid anything containing chromium. I was just reading yesterday how much goes into our bodies from cooking utensils.

1 Like

I use TI in my billow v2, works awesome. Iā€™ve used SS as well. And with any wire. If you clean it before the build. But even with cleaning i get a small differt taste for about a 1/4 tank or so. Then it comes to life.

One more thing, are you watching your relative resistance between Ti and 316L? I believe that the SS has a higher bulk resistance, which means that the Ti is a lower resistance and youre likely hitting it harder, even under TC at first. In addition, Ti as we all know, is much less dense than steel and (I am taking a bit of artistic license, the material property that matters is specific heat and the total mass of the coils) therefore the Ti is going to heat quickly because it has less thermal mass. Yes, if you want to be persnickety there are even more material constants at play.

hey, in the end if you just donā€™t like Ti, you let pretty much anyone on here know it is for sale and itā€™ll be gone. Best of luck. Gotta give you credit for tryingā€¦but you MUST get rid of that inner cap.

1 Like

Give TI a chance. Clean it really really good. And do a slight dry burn pulse at low wattage. Donā€™t let it get red at all. Just pulse it. I think you will find it way better. I use 24g. Most on here use 22g. Thats how i do it. And it works great. Just a thought

1 Like

Ok, after trying all of the TI recommendations, reading all the hypeā€¦Iā€™ve gotta say, there is NO free lunch.

For starters; the flavor IS NOT better.
And I can support this statement by repeating what ti fans have said, ā€œyou gotta use 24 or 22g, 8 wraps, under .1 ohmā€ā€¦and itā€™s THIS that drives it home!
If youā€™ve got to wrap 24 or 22g and be under .1 ohm youā€™re burning up more juice to increase your lack of flavor.
I assure you, build the same build, wraps and gauge and youā€™ll get more flavor with ANYTHING else other than ti (maybe not nickel never tried it).
For me, the cost of ti, the extra battery drain and more juice. ā€¦Iā€™m tapping out on ti, but will keep what Iā€™ve got to do tc coils on my Koopor Mini and to wind coils for friends w tc that wonā€™t support ss.
Iā€™m glad you all like tiā€¦itā€™s just not for me.
[edit]ā€¦if the flavor was really so much better weā€™d all be using 26 , 28 , 30g ti and raving about itā€¦not going lower and lower in ohms or fatter in gauge.

The sleeve on the Bv2, I canā€™t seem to wrap me head around the wicking without itā€¦I just donā€™t understand what stabilizes(holds) the wicks in place as you screw the ā€œchimneyā€ section downā€¦those oversized juice channels donā€™t disrupt the wicks?

2 Likes

I applaud you there, my friend! :clap: I must say, itā€™s a superhuman feat to be able to read ā€œall the hypeā€ā€¦ I bow to your greatness and perseverance! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My personal favorite Ti is 30ga 4x twisted. I have 250ft of that particular gauge. I can believe you donā€™t taste a difference in wire. I cant. But I can definitely taste some TC. Definitely know when Iā€™m never once getting a dry hit. So SS or Ti, who cares on flavor? (I say here that you argued at the time TiOx was a flavor enhancer though, just sayin.

The only reason not to go SS is the chromium content. I cook all my food in SS. I clearly arenā€™t worried. You should be commended for trying. Respect.

1 Like

Iā€™m still going to continue to try using ti when the need be, as Iā€™m sure I must be doing something wrong.
And yes, my limited research said ti was a flavor enhancer (which only reinforced the ā€œtasteā€ posts/claims)ā€¦now Iā€™ve tried it several times, yes Iā€™m alive still, and no it doesnā€™t taste better lol.
Maybe I should try some 30g ti? Higher ohmsā€¦hmmm

I can just say what works for me, when I twist them all up its about like 21ga, so pretty thick. But it wicks really well. Still, some tanks donā€™t seem to like it, some do.